Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

thesingingbard

Master Member
Reaction score
hmmm..can pm me the contact of the company u got it from? thanks

no need to PM, i'll tell you here... i got it from GC. but a bro from HWZ forum PM me that apparently prices went up.

anyhow, I actually bought it last month, but installed it recently.

thesingingbard

Master Member
Reaction score
Agghhh... How to sleep if they are not finished in 1 day? Cant imagine :(

Which GC branch, can share the name & contact no? Wonder how much wound a system-3 cost :)

yes.. it was a nightmare on the 1st nite...

i went to GC in Compass Pt. The person who served me was Jeff Yeo (balded guy). Didn't asked for system-3 quote though... as i understand it... GC prices should be controlled bah...

Also, the price apparently went up... =:p

tazzi80

Master Member
Reaction score
Yupp, think Toshiba prices went up, i bought system 3 non inverter at 1850 3weeks ago and apprantly it went up to slightly more than 2k.

ziggyy

Reaction score
Spoke to GC staff in 2 outlets, was told that their company said no need to entertain bargains now, heatwave, business very good, can earn, earn loh.... Of course, he put it much nicer;)

mjzsakae

Reaction score
Hi anyone have a 9k btu portable aircon can share your experience? i bought a trends unit and its not working in my small attachment room after hdb upgrading of size about 3 by 3 metre (approx 90sqf).

The is absoutely no difference from the air temp outside the room even after leaving the unit on for like 5 hours..

Called the company and the guy told me i must blow the unit at myself? i was thinking why the hell i spent 400 bucks on a aircon that needs to blow at myself...

ZZzz please give some advise or opnion..

THanks

That is not a AIRCON.. it’s a AIRCON FAN!(being sarcastic).. had been using one for 2 weeks and the experience is horrible.. You might still be able to return it if it is purchased from Carrefour (within 14days i tink)

1. not cold, unless blowing at you directly
2. noisy (becos of the build in compressor), impossible to use at night man
3. bulky
4. compressor has to run non stop to keep the room cool only and not cold

cannotliao

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone ever try getting aircon from Everjoint at amk?

check with them panasonic inverter sys 3, those big department selling $3099. they offering 2.5K with installation. some more give Armaflex. for sys 2 inverter is around 2k.

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone ever try getting aircon from Everjoint at amk?

check with them panasonic inverter sys 3, those big department selling $3099. they offering 2.5K with installation. some more give Armaflex.
Everjoint is at where in amk? never seen this shop name b4..

even though given cheaper price, but u wil never know wil the installation giv u nightmares or not. but well, no harm trying. if installation hav 1 year warranty than its ok..

cannotliao

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Everjoint is at where in amk? never seen this shop name b4..

even though given cheaper price, but u wil never know wil the installation giv u nightmares or not. but well, no harm trying. if installation hav 1 year warranty than its ok..

this a very famous shop for getting good pricing electric appliances, like goh ah bee in hougang.
just google Everjoint you will know.
they entertain phone call price inquiry. can just give them a call for pricing.

thesingingbard

Master Member
Reaction score
Yupp, think Toshiba prices went up, i bought system 3 non inverter at 1850 3weeks ago and apprantly it went up to slightly more than 2k.

Cos Toshiba just launched new model.

hi fellas...

i pass by GC today... so I went to check... yes apparently price went up... it's $3729 for Toshiba Inverter Sys-4 now.

while i got it at $3589... should be early last month bah. :s8:

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
jus a qns regarding Daikin MA56EV1 outdoor unit..

if say i on 1st room at 10pm, than 2nd room at a later time, say 1130pm, will the outdoor unit balance both room, so tat both room cold at the same time, therefore outdoor unit compressor stops for awhile?

abba77

Reaction score
yes.. it was a nightmare on the 1st nite...

i went to GC in Compass Pt. The person who served me was Jeff Yeo (balded guy). Didn't asked for system-3 quote though... as i understand it... GC prices should be controlled bah...

Also, the price apparently went up... =:p

Ai yo.. price went up like crude oil? :p

Anyway, have a dumb question... Supposing an outdoor unit is 6kW, and the cooling capacity for 13x9x9 fan unit is 2.5x1.75x1.75 kW. This 2.5x1.75x1.75 kW refers to all 3 fan unit turned on at the same time, right? If only 1 fan unit is turned on, it should be able to draw the max capacity of the fan, right? :s8:

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ai yo.. price went up like crude oil? :p

Anyway, have a dumb question... Supposing an outdoor unit is 6kW, and the cooling capacity for 13x9x9 fan unit is 2.5x1.75x1.75 kW. This 2.5x1.75x1.75 kW refers to all 3 fan unit turned on at the same time, right? If only 1 fan unit is turned on, it should be able to draw the max capacity of the fan, right? :s8:
yup..rite.

if only 9k fan unit is on, than it will draw the max its kW, which is 2.5/2.6kW for 9K BTU.

abba77

Reaction score
yup..rite.

if only 9k fan unit is on, than it will draw the max its kW, which is 2.5/2.6kW for 9K BTU.

thks.. am thinking whether i should get 28k or 20k BTU outdoor unit for 13x9x9k BTU fan unit.

20k BTU outdoor unit may seems too small for 13x9x9, but if i dont on all the fan units at the same time, it should be fine, right?

anyone has experience on the reliability of non-inverter vs inverter? heard that repair for inverter aircon is much higher, is it true? :look:

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thks.. am thinking whether i should get 28k or 20k BTU outdoor unit for 13x9x9k BTU fan unit.

20k BTU outdoor unit may seems too small for 13x9x9, but if i dont on all the fan units at the same time, it should be fine, right?

anyone has experience on the reliability of non-inverter vs inverter? heard that repair for inverter aircon is much higher, is it true? :look:
yes, it shld be alrite..

but u can on any 2 units wil be fine too. if u on the 3rd one, than it wil takes a longer time for the 3rd room to cool. unless the 1st n 2nd room is cool enough, than the 3rd room wil cool faster.

actually if u were to go through the post, there is 1 having many problem wit his 2 inverter system.

yup..the cost of inverter is alot higher, as the components r alot more n exp than non-inverter.

abba77

Reaction score
yes, it shld be alrite..

but u can on any 2 units wil be fine too. if u on the 3rd one, than it wil takes a longer time for the 3rd room to cool. unless the 1st n 2nd room is cool enough, than the 3rd room wil cool faster.

actually if u were to go through the post, there is 1 having many problem wit his 2 inverter system.

yup..the cost of inverter is alot higher, as the components r alot more n exp than non-inverter.

Thks Chunliang... you are expert :D

Another question, for a 3m x 6m room, do you think a 10k BTU/hr fan unit is sufficient?

There seems to be a few formula out there (eg.. NTU, renotalk) giving different results :p

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thks Chunliang... you are expert :D

Another question, for a 3m x 6m room, do you think a 10k BTU/hr fan unit is sufficient?

There seems to be a few formula out there (eg.. NTU, renotalk) giving different results :p
:D u welcome!

yes, it is more than enough.. normally a 9000BTU/hr for bedroom is enough too..

cannotliao

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just check with GC

upgrade to G22 Copper pipe is $60
Armaflex 1/2'' $40 per FCU
Armaflex 3/4" $60 per FCU

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
jus to ask some qns..

my house in amk hav gone through main upgrading programme, in which every flat is added an additional room near kitchen. n hav check through hdb website that my blk is installed 40A in every flat. so installing 2 condenser unit is not a problem.

but now the qns is anyone know where can i install the 2nd condenser(outdoor) unit? becos after installing the daikin system 4, the old system 2 is stil in good working condition, so keeping it. actually intend to sell it away, but no where can sell high price.

so my mum wanted to install it for the additional room.

anyone install their condenser unit in their house? can i able to install the condenser unit outside the additional room? jus want to get some comments about the installing 2nd condenser unit(old one).

thanks..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.