Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

thesingingbard

Master Member
Reaction score
I got another question.

Assume that I use back the old piping for the new R410A air con and later the old pipe spoil.

Can I then ask the contractor to install new piping which is not hidden (ie it is installed on the walls) for the aircon?

Sorry if this is a stupid question.

Thanks.

i believe there are no stupid questions, just stupid answers. =:p

u can get contractor to install new piping on external trunking later, but do note that it'll prob be $150~200 per FCU (fan-coil-unit) installation of pipes.

and as pointed out by Kimsim, if the pipes were running R22. It needs to be flushed clean.

but my top concern would be pipes for R22 might not be as thick-walled as required for R410A. flushing the pipes, which i suspect is some sort of chemical clean, would prob attack the Cu pipes as well.

should u decide to reuse the old pipes, I would suggest you get the appropriate 'discount' from the installation since no piping would be done. then when the air-con doesn't get cold after a while and esp when the contractor kept telling you to top up the R410A (which is much more exp than R22 btw) gas, u know the old pipes are compromised and you're leaking refrigerant.

Core2max

Reaction score
Yup yup... change the unit altogether with the piping. This is to avoid unnecessary cost when the pipe spoilt at later time.

RayKiDo

Reaction score
who need to repair air-con or setup air-con units can pm me i have contacts for it.

Price is quite good. Serious peeps only.

sentosaubin

Reaction score
Are you kidding? 13k BTU for a 14sqm room?
9k is more than enough man
dont waste electricity unnecessarily

Looks like quite big for your master bedroom size = 3.5x4m
I will suggest you quote for 13k BTU.
And 2 common room can use 10k BTU.
So total = 2x10+13. it is more efficient for keep faster cool down.
If not you will try to set at 2 speed fan and temperature to 23C.
At the your fan coil will be more noisy and usage more energy.
It's for my experience.

helplesssoul

Reaction score
I really regretted choosing Panasonic non-inverter aircon! It is so noisy as compared to my previous 5 years plus Carrier brand.

boxedfish

Reaction score
need some advice from people here.

Been using a roughly 10 years old Mc quay (who uses mc quay air con!!!!????) from previous house owner.Planning to install a system 4 in my unit. 3 bedrooms and 1 living room. i think the living one will be seldom used so priority will go to the bedrooms and also will add a sliding door to the kitchen to prevent the cool air from entering. Attached is my floor plan. not sure are they in meter or feet? anyway was looking at these mitsubishi inverter models. Any advice which package should i choose? will the below choices be underpowered? Btw, current pipings is installed and hidden inside false ceiling, if i am to install the new one, will the installers help to hide the new pipings inside the false ceilings or install under the false ceilings? any help will be great!!!

1) Mitsubishi Electric
MXY-4A28VA / 3 X MSY-GE10VA / MSY-GE24VA
4,742 x 3 Btu/hr + 11,361 Btu/hr

2) Mitsubishi Electric
MXY-4A28VA / 3 X MSY-GE10VA / MSY-GE26VA
4,367 x 3 Btu/hr + 12,487 Btu/hr

3) Mitsubishi Electric
MXY-4A28VA / 3 X MSY-GE10VA / MSY-GE18VA
5,118 x 3 Btu/hr + 10,236 Btu/hr

10-74520136-1.jpg

Last edited:

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
Option 1
To be enough for your whole unit cooling.
GE24VA install in living got wide and long function to be enough cooling your kitchen area when you can enjoy for cooking.

GE18VA FCU too small same like normal room size without auto swing air.

For using GE26VA model your living hall not enough long space to be blow out the cooling air you should feel it not satisfy.

boxedfish

Reaction score
Option 1
To be enough for your whole unit cooling.
GE24VA install in living got wide and long function to be enough cooling your kitchen area when you can enjoy for cooking.

GE18VA FCU too small same like normal room size without auto swing air.

For using GE26VA model your living hall not enough long space to be blow out the cooling air you should feel it not satisfy.

thanks for your recommendation! anyway, i will make a sliding door to the kitchen, will not need aircon while doin the cooking. :) anyone have more to add?

terumo

Reaction score
Use Daikin 4mkd75dvm. Ftkd25dvm for the 3 bedrooms. Ftkd50fvm for the living. R22 gas.
If you want ur new piping to be concealed in the ceiling, then the cost will be higher for opening/patching up the ceiling.

aaronkwok

Reaction score
May I know what type of house you live in ? I notice that most of your bedroom area is very big and all bigger than 110m2.
Your bedroom area already bigger than my hdb flat leh.
Really elite.

Been using a roughly 10 years old Mc quay (who uses mc quay air con!!!!????) from previous house owner.Planning to install a system 4 in my unit. 3 bedrooms and 1 living room. i think the living one will be seldom used so priority will go to the bedrooms and also will add a sliding door to the kitchen to prevent the cool air from entering. Attached is my floor plan. not sure are they in meter or feet? anyway was looking at these mitsubishi inverter models. Any advice which package should i choose? will the below choices be underpowered? Btw, current pipings is installed and hidden inside false ceiling, if i am to install the new one, will the installers help to hide the new pipings inside the false ceilings or install under the false ceilings? any help will be great!!!

1) Mitsubishi Electric

2) Mitsubishi Electric

3) Mitsubishi Electric

10-74520136-1.jpg

boxedfish

Reaction score
Use Daikin 4mkd75dvm. Ftkd25dvm for the 3 bedrooms. Ftkd50fvm for the living. R22 gas.
If you want ur new piping to be concealed in the ceiling, then the cost will be higher for opening/patching up the ceiling.

why R22 gas? i read that it i being phrased out soon in the future

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
Actually used for R22 gas have to set lower temperature to force the cooling down it is not cold at all.
For example here set to 23C to compare set to 25C the cooling are still same why not get the latest models R410a can be save the world. Eco-friendly and Paid less electricity up to 65%.
For R22 only save up to 35-40% because it is not getting cold.

sentosaubin

Reaction score
Panasonic Inverster System 2 Installed

Previous LG usage: 16 - 20kW every night
Current usage: 5-7kW every night

Expected savings: 60% electric bill! Woohoo!!!

there is some user using Panasonic inverter system 1 here before.. and her review is quite good..

I agree non-inverter sucks big time... so I will be posting a review for Panasonic Inverter SYstem 2 here.

Installation Date: 4 December 2010

boxedfish

Reaction score
May I know what type of house you live in ? I notice that most of your bedroom area is very big and all bigger than 110m2.
Your bedroom area already bigger than my hdb flat leh.
Really elite.

elite where got stay in HDB??? mine is the older type of 5 room HDB. Older HDB are slightly bigger than current ones.. Best is the masterbed room toilet is built out of the room, not inside the room, thus making the room bigger.

sentosaubin

Reaction score
Hi..

Use the option 3, since you wont use the living room often.
This config, you have 30,000 BTU.. room aircon is capable of running 8500 BTU when Living room is not turned on... while living room is 16,000 BTU.

This option is good enough... 9000 BTU aircon is capable to cool down 20sqm room

1) Mitsubishi Electric

2) Mitsubishi Electric

3) Mitsubishi Electric

10-74520136-1.jpg

sentosaubin

Reaction score
BTW, i think you mean sqft instead of sqm

1) Mitsubishi Electric

2) Mitsubishi Electric

3) Mitsubishi Electric

10-74520136-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.