Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

terumo

Reaction score
U0 error most likely gas shortagr due to flare nut connection loose. Get your installer to check the nut connections.

If get Sharp, i rather get Mit Starmex.

gbb2007

Reaction score
U0 error most likely gas shortagr due to flare nut connection loose. Get your installer to check the nut connections.

If get Sharp, i rather get Mit Starmex.

Hi! Many thanks for your information. Indeed it is the loose connection. :)

MoneyHoney

Master Member
Reaction score
Dilemma with my air-con configuration

hi guys,

my air con consist of 1 condensing unit and 4 units of AC in my 3 bedrooms and 1 living room.

i've had that installed for the past 12 years.

However in recent years, 2 of my bed rooms seem to have the AC unit not 'powerful' enough. I've had 2 different aircon servicing company over to my place to check it out (1 being Homem*x Aircon Services)

they did chemical cleaning and steam cleaning to my AC units but however it doesn't seem to work that well.

being a complete noob about aircon here, i would like to consult bros here for what i should do next. My father has told me that it is quite impossible to change the pipings as they are concealed.

below are screenshots of my AC and Condenser Unit's model number.

Condenser Unit:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Living Room AC Unit:

Bedrooms AC Unit:

Last edited:

cannotliao

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
12yrs?
time for a new system
a new clean system better for health and the latest power saving technology will save your electrical bill.

sentosaubin

Reaction score
for trunking.. decide where it will go through. Avoid running it through the store room as the humidity will cause condensation and water leaking from it.

I getting my room installed with panasonic inverter aircon, i really new to aircon. what should i take note of like trucking all these please advice.

thesingingbard

Master Member
Reaction score
i am olso a noob... so here's what i think...

Your's not an inverter system rites?

If you have 2 separate compressor units in that condenser, and that the 2 FCU which are not cold is connected to one of the compressors. Then maybe you need a gas top-up.

If however, your condenser only has one compressor or that the 2 FCU isn't connected to one compressor then i'll check the thermistors for these FCUs.

In both cases, you'll need air-con guys to check for you.

good luck.

hi guys,

my air con consist of 1 condensing unit and 4 units of AC in my 3 bedrooms and 1 living room.

However in recent years, 2 of my bed rooms seem to have the AC unit not 'powerful' enough. I've had 2 different aircon servicing company over to my place to check it out (1 being Homem*x Aircon Services)

they did chemical cleaning and steam cleaning to my AC units but however it doesn't seem to work that well.

being a complete noob about aircon here, i would like to consult bros here for what i should do next. My father has told me that it is quite impossible to change the pipings as they are concealed.

Condenser Unit:

Living Room AC Unit:

Bedrooms AC Unit:

Core2max

Reaction score
For 12 years old aircon, it would be better to get a new set.

You'll save the electricity bills in the long run.

Yurikaze

Reaction score
For 12 years old aircon, it would be better to get a new set.

You'll save the electricity bills in the long run.

Guys, u were recommending him to change a new set. How bout the pipings? They were mostly concealed up. Won't it be a great hassle to change pipings?

sinori80

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
advise

for people who change from non invertor to invertor type of aircon,
how much difference is the electricity bill?

my house system 3 set up is already more than 10 years. Only 1 aircon is turned on from 10pm to 9am everyday. The rest is seldom use.
Do you think it will help in cutting down the electricity bill if i change to invertor aircon?

sentosaubin

Reaction score
If you bother to check past posting, you can see how much savings I enjoy each month.

FYI.. I start using Inverter Aircon from December 4th...
Change from System 2 non inverter LG H2UC186FA0 (20k BTU) to System 2 Inverter Panasonic CU-2S18KKZ (17k BTU)
Usage: Every night

5341187173_c0eda5316f_o.jpg
[/QUOTE]

for people who change from non invertor to invertor type of aircon,
how much difference is the electricity bill?

my house system 3 set up is already more than 10 years. Only 1 aircon is turned on from 10pm to 9am everyday. The rest is seldom use.
Do you think it will help in cutting down the electricity bill if i change to invertor aircon?

Last edited:

sinori80

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey thanks for helping me decide. :)
Ur usage before the change is almost the same as mine

thesingingbard

Master Member
Reaction score
If you bother to check past posting, you can see how much savings I enjoy each month.

FYI.. I start using Inverter Aircon from December 4th...
Change from System 2 non inverter LG H2UC186FA0 (20k BTU) to System 2 Inverter Panasonic CU-2S18KKZ (17k BTU)
Usage: Every night

5341187173_c0eda5316f_o.jpg
[/QUOTE]

what about Feb to April? can share your latest bill?

coz it's interesting that although you switched to Inverter in Dec, your Dec bill did not reflect that. But then again, PUB only checks your meter bi-monthly... so... hm.

the saving of 382kWh (700-318) divided by 30 days and 8 hrs/day works out to be ~1.6 kWh.

CU-2S18KKZ compressor runs at max load of 1.464 kW

Unless your old non-inverter compressor is humongous, it's unlikely the saving was solely due to air-con change.

Went overseas for holiday in Dec perhaps? =:p

sentosaubin

Reaction score
Err... January Bill is for December usage.. My cut off billing around 2nd or 3rd every month.. So the usage graph is accurate. During the non-reading month, I always submit it myself.

thesingingbard: Why are you so prejudice towards inverter aircon?
FYI The LG H2UC186FA0 uses around 2kWh... a 8 hours usage will use 16kWh a day... and 480kWh a month... The sum is that simple.....

Inverter only uses 1.464kWh (your quote) during the max load. When the temperature is reached, it will run part load of 0.475kWh (source from http://els.nea.gov.sg/mels/aircon.asp)

5735809668_8e867c6132_o.png

what about Feb to April? can share your latest bill?

coz it's interesting that although you switched to Inverter in Dec, your Dec bill did not reflect that. But then again, PUB only checks your meter bi-monthly... so... hm.

the saving of 382kWh (700-318) divided by 30 days and 8 hrs/day works out to be ~1.6 kWh.

CU-2S18KKZ compressor runs at max load of 1.464 kW

Unless your old non-inverter compressor is humongous, it's unlikely the saving was solely due to air-con change.

Went overseas for holiday in Dec perhaps? =:p[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

limster

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
of course it will help
Inverter aircon help if you only turn 2 out of 3 aircon.
Non inverter will blast full power even if you only on 1 aircon out of 3

Your info from aircon salesman trying to sell more expensive inverter for higher sales commission

Most multisplit non-inverter have at least 2 compressors.

Lets say at 20000btu system 3

1 x 12000 btu shared amongst 2 units
1 x 8000 btu standalone.

Lets say only 1 of the units connected to 12,000 btu is turned on. This means that the unit gets the full benefit of the 12,000 btu and cools the room faster and so compressor shuts off earlier. If 2 units are on, they get 6,000 btu each.

As for the 8000 btu, it is standalone.

Also be aware of inverter standby power:
http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=32540

For me, inverter is worth it for bedrooms or any room where aircon is on more than 8 hours a day, but other rooms, I use regular non-inverter.

Last edited:

sentosaubin

Reaction score
For standard HDB Flat, you wont be able to have 2 compressors (or condensors) as the height of it will be definitely more than your windows... Only for a new HDB Flat with Aircon Ledge that you can put the high multi-compressors

Standby power, I never encounter it. Perhaps that problem is unique to Mitsubishi Electric Starmex

Besides, what's the point of saving that $500 of non inverter when you are going to pay $500 more in 1 year for the next 10 year with oil price keep going up?

Your info from aircon salesman trying to sell more expensive inverter for higher sales commission

Most multisplit non-inverter have at least 2 compressors.

Lets say at 20000btu system 3

1 x 12000 btu shared amongst 2 units
1 x 8000 btu standalone.

Lets say only 1 of the units connected to 12,000 btu is turned on. This means that the unit gets the full benefit of the 12,000 btu and cools the room faster and so compressor shuts off earlier. If 2 units are on, they get 6,000 btu each.

As for the 8000 btu, it is standalone.

Also be aware of inverter standby power:
http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=32540

For me, inverter is worth it for bedrooms or any room where aircon is on more than 8 hours a day, but other rooms, I use regular non-inverter.

Last edited:

thesingingbard

Master Member
Reaction score
Err... January Bill is for December usage.. My cut off billing around 2nd or 3rd every month.. So the usage graph is accurate. During the non-reading month, I always submit it myself.

thesingingbard: Why are you so prejudice towards inverter aircon? FYI The LG H2UC186FA0 uses around 2kWh... a 8 hours usage will use 16kWh a day... and 480kWh a month... The sum is that simple.....

Inverter only uses 1.464kWh (your quote) during the max load. When the temperature is reached, it will run part load of 0.475kWh (source from http://els.nea.gov.sg/mels/aircon.asp)

5735809668_8e867c6132_o.png
prejudice?

hee... i olso chose inverter leh. Only that i gotch minimal change in electric bills. Still, I think inverter is more efficient, just that i'm intrigued you had such a huge drop in kWh.

the difference between inverter & non-inverter is only the inverter can operate the compressor motor and varying speeds. Non-inverter only 2 spds: stop or max. So when the desired-temperature is reached, inverter can slow down and maintain; while the non-inverter stops and when the temperature goes up again, it'll go max spd again - hence not velly efficient.

But the data cannot lie, the savings in kWh maintains... i guess your previous air-con really wastes a lot of energy. =:p

thesingingbard

Master Member
Reaction score
My PUB bill also similar like bro sentosaubin... I changed my samsung sys 3 with ME sys 3.

very sad... only mine see minimal changes.

Too bad cannot show... it's over a year ago liao. Just checked online, i cannot see usage more than 6 months ago.

cr3sent

Reaction score
Is anybody using Tr3nds service? http://trendshome.com.sg/

I have a very bad experience with them today.

Im suppose to get a aircon installation today, and they say that they will come from 11-1pm and then they push it to 1-3pm, Then i thought nevermind, as long as they come but until 3 already they still not here. From 3-3:40 i was trying to call the contractor and their office numbers and they didnt pick up ANY of my call? I called around 20 times ??!!

The office number 6286 2630 is seriously useless, the electronic system says that it will transfer the call to the delievery department/ customer service after pressing number 5/4respectively. But i can tell you it does not work. After listening to some music, it tells you that it is unable to transfer the call and then will cease the call.

I am worried now, wondering if eventually if there is a problem with my air condition, how do i contact the company? Im starting to doubt and question myself and wonder if this company is a legit company? Because the numbers are clearly for show.

To make it worst, i bought the aircon from NTUC Extra, I called NTUC also, and ALSO nobody is picking up my call?? (i called around 6 times). Then i was seriously wondering if i TIO SCAM. Until i went online and search and called their office did they get back to me, (after arguing with them asking why they did not pick up the call and what is wrong with their sub contractor) did i get a call back from my contractor at 3:50, telling me he got a problem installing aircon in another area and said he want to push it back to 5-6pm.

Anybody got call their office number before? Got work? Very scary lei, the number like fake like that.

xseanyx

Reaction score
hi guys,

Condenser Unit:

Living Room AC Unit:

Bedrooms AC Unit:

What did your contractor say after they chemical wash n steam clean it yet can't solve the problem?

You are having an inverter system btw and it's ok to retain the existing piping if you are changing to similiar capacity indoor units and there's no leakage in the piping but of course not r410a types.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.