Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevensan

Reaction score
Forgot the details... must check the receipt again.

if i am not wrong, the cost is $300+ (for additional 4 yrs).
It covers all faulty parts. If they cannot get the parts, they will loan me temporary aircon (until they can fix it).

Is this warranty from Courts? Anyone know how the Courts extended warranty works? Cover parts and labour?
Just to share, I bought the Midea sys 3 inverter aircon with upgrade to 28k (12k +9k +9k) from Courts last weekend and it came with free 3 years extended warranty. Total cost is $2,168 with installation and delivery.

aptget

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
will be looking for system 3 (2 rms and 1 hall) very soon

will be reading up on the posts here :)

chercm

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is this warranty from Courts? Anyone know how the Courts extended warranty works? Cover parts and labour?
Just to share, I bought the Midea sys 3 inverter aircon with upgrade to 28k (12k +9k +9k) from Courts last weekend and it came with free 3 years extended warranty. Total cost is $2,168 with installation and delivery.

bro check this one :

http://www2.courts.com.sg/term_ExtendedWarranty.aspx

terumo

Reaction score
From my knowledge, if you purchase the extended warrt. U have to get back back the company for servicing and proper servicing records have to be kept. Like being serviced every 3 months.

stamina

Reaction score
Hi those who have Media aircon installed!

How is the aircon doing so far? Any problems you encounter?

Share your experience here. I'm still thinking whether to buy Midea or not.

Mclairs83

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi those who have Media aircon installed!

How is the aircon doing so far? Any problems you encounter?

Share your experience here. I'm still thinking whether to buy Midea or not.

seriously i don't know wad brand u r referring to. -.-

Mclairs83

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Forgot the details... must check the receipt again.

if i am not wrong, the cost is $300+ (for additional 4 yrs).
It covers all faulty parts. If they cannot get the parts, they will loan me temporary aircon (until they can fix it).

confirm bo? include the outdoor unit?

any internal parts up lorry also can change?

Mclairs83

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi all, seen alot of feedbacks...but seriously speakin...i seen comments like getting the japanese brand of aircon...
today i went to my good friend work place,to enquire more about aircon...finally i decided to place an order on midea sys 3 28k.
actually,i found a few pointers from my friend...

1.air con technologhy and home appliance tech are quite stagnant over the last few yrs...thats why brands start to input air purifilying into aircon to increase their USP and features,even his china engineer told him if it is IT and audio video sector...it would be more realible to purchase product from big companys in the industry...

2.japanese brand are not longer made in country of origin...mostly made in china,thailand and vietnam...comparing china,thai and the viets, china have better technology...even now china can sent astronaut up to moon,not every other asia countries can follow..

3.Midea is the biggest manufacturer and exporter for H.A and Aircon in china and also 5th biggest in the world...for my friends who visited china,vietnam,australia and K.L they have seen this brand either in hotels or offices and even big advertisment on streets.
Midea is entering Singapore with their series of H.A products at a very affordable prices...
Midea main stream business is actually manufacturer...or wat we call O.E.M...so actually their products ranged from aircon,fans to H.A products are already in SG but under a different brand...
i thinks spare parts and after sales should be available on large scales,and also the brands they manufacturer for are reputable brands from jap,european and local brands...which my friend told me not to tell ppl...sorry on this part...
4.he also inform me a most important part...Midea is adjusting the price higher from next week onwards,as the launch promo end in conjuction with GSS...

so after all the considerations, i bought the air con from my friend, as i dont want to buy when the price go up...

For ur considerations...:

this is wat i bought.installation earliest available 05/08/11

LUNA 9A4 SYS 3
outdoor unit 28k BTU = 12k + 9k + 9k indoor units @ $2168
extend warranty from courts 2+3 yrs @ $299
bracket $130
dismantle FOC
free piping up to 10m per blower...

i think its quite a good deal...:s12::s13:

:s13:

1) just pray tat ur friend company don't close down.

2) Although nowadays jap brand no longer making their product in their own state, but the design of the aircon and quality control is there. Just like Toyota Vios. Made in Thailand. I'm still driving this car for 5yrs and its working very well. Another example, Apple iPhone, designed in california, assembled in china.

3) Aircons if taken care well can last u minimum 10yrs if maintenance on regular basis.

4) should ur friend company close down, be prepared tat hardly or nobody would willing to service ur aircon. nobody will be tat silly and risk service a CHINA MADE aircon.

good luck bro. u need it.

Stevensan

Reaction score
:s13:

1) just pray tat ur friend company don't close down.

2) Although nowadays jap brand no longer making their product in their own state, but the design of the aircon and quality control is there. Just like Toyota Vios. Made in Thailand. I'm still driving this car for 5yrs and its working very well. Another example, Apple iPhone, designed in california, assembled in china.

3) Aircons if taken care well can last u minimum 10yrs if maintenance on regular basis.

4) should ur friend company close down, be prepared tat hardly or nobody would willing to service ur aircon. nobody will be tat silly and risk service a CHINA MADE aircon.

good luck bro. u need it.

Agreed with you bro. Good luck to those who bought from Midea... including myself and many others.

Wikipedia: "Midea now is one of the top 5 biggest manufacturers of the world in the home appliance industry."

Mclairs83

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Agreed with you bro. Good luck to those who bought from Midea... including myself and many others.

Wikipedia: "Midea now is one of the top 5 biggest manufacturers of the world in the home appliance industry."

take wikipedia with a pinch of salt.

and also take a look at china population. of coz its the easiest to become the biggest manufacturer in the world.

just employ foxconn working tactics.. i also can become the x biggest manufacturers in the world.

also i don't believe in saving this kind of money. its an appliance that u going to use almost everyday which u hope to last for as long as possible.

imagine once ur aircon break down or irrepairable, do they really realise the hassle of finding a good worksmanship and after sales support? i bet they don't. coz i been thru this **** before and believe me, after so many years i couldn't believe i spend more than $4k just to solve everything within a short span of 4yrs.

just an advice for everybody:

1) don't just trust ur friend. in the end, ur friend might disappear just by earning ur $3k. or giving u all sorts of reasons blaming u dunno how to use aircon.
2) read up more on forums. u will never go wrong.

Last edited:

tsm

Reaction score
Hi Terumo,

I need your help/comment on an issue.

Today, my toshiba aircon system 3 all unit cannot be turned on anymore although they are only 2 years old.

Yesterday, one of the unit cannot be turned on. I called my aircon technician to come and check the unit today.

Now all 3 units cannot be turned on as they said due to faulty wiring from fan coil to condenser. Need to change all the three wires for $350!! I asked them what caused them faulty and they said low quality wires!

I was so angry that I suspect that they messed something that caused all unit cannot be turned on where at the first place only one cannot be turned on. I have not engaged them to repair yet as I want to seek second opinion from anyone who has experience similar issue.

Please advise/comment. What actually went wrong? Did they tell the truth?

Thank you very much

Last edited:

stamina

Reaction score
Hi Terumo,

I need your help/comment on an issue.

Today, my toshiba aircon system 3 all unit cannot be turned on anymore although they are only 2 years old.

Yesterday, one of the unit cannot be turned on. I called my aircon technician to come and check the unit today.

Now all 3 units cannot be turned on as they said due to faulty wiring from fan coil to condenser. Need to change all the three wires for $350!! I asked them what caused them faulty and they said low quality wires!

I was so angry that I suspect that they messed something that caused all unit cannot be turned on where at the first place only one cannot be turned on. I have not engaged them to repair yet as I want to seek second opinion from anyone who has experience similar issue.

Please advise/comment. What actually went wrong? Did they tell the truth?

Thank you very much

Which company originally fixed your aircon?

terumo

Reaction score
All 3 units cant turn on? Even manually?
Faulty wiring is one possible fault.
Outdoor pcb also possible, for all 3 indoor pcb to be faulty together is quite rare. I do agree $350 to replace all 3 wires is a bit expensive if yours is HDB and the wiring are inside the trunking.

Last edited:

stamina

Reaction score
Extended warranty

Hi all,

Is it really necessary to buy 5 years extended warranty for new sets of aircon? I feel that all this breakdown of aircons really depends on your luck. I have heard a few who have not problem with aircons for 5 years. But i also have heard of 1 or 2 with problems within 5 years.

So, I wander if really its necessary to buy additional 5 years warranty from dealers. Maybe i shall ask you guys how many of you experience problems(be it hardware or nstallation.servicing) within 5 years?

thesingingbard

Master Member
Reaction score
All 3 units cant turn on? Even manually?
Faulty wiring is one possible fault.
Outdoor pcb also possible, for all 3 indoor pcb to be faulty together is quite rare. I do agree $350 to replace all 3 wires is a bit expensive if yours is HDB and the wiring are inside the trunking.

sorry to butt in... i olso using Toshiba. luckily havn't had this problem.

but i agree with Terumo, $350 for the electrical wiring!? :s8:

chase79

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just brought Midea sys 2, hopefully it will be gd. Installing either this wkend or next week.

Aresden

Reaction score
hey guys, my hitachi aircon just spoilt, using halfway the masterbed rm wan suddenly offed, other rm cannot turn on, last room can turn on but no cool air, machiam hot air fan liddat

Any idea wad could b the issue? Now my masterbed rm aircon like got water droplets liao, seems like it is still on but no light, and only got the cold air, no wind

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.