Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

misran

Reaction score
Hi,all.
Need your advice.

I'm moving into a resale condo very soon once my tenant moves out. As the existing non-inverter split aircon system (2+2+1) is very old, would like to replace with a new system.

My floor area are as follow:

Master bedroom - 17m2
Bedroom 2 - 13m2
Bedroom 3 - 13m2
Hall & dining - 38m2

Usage pattern are the 3 bedroom to be turned on at night and the living and dining as required.

One contractor proposed the following 3+2 system:
Bedrooms - Panasonic CU-3S27MKZ + CS-S12PKZW x 1(Master) + CS-S9PKZW x 2 (Bedrooms)
Hall & dining - Panasonic CU-3S27MKZ + CS-S15PKZW x 2nos

Will be re-using existing piping as so far no problem with the aircon unit.

Price quoted is $5,040.

Question
1) Is price reasonable.
2) Also, should I stick to 2+2+1 system instead.

terumo

Reaction score
To Misran,
This price is reasonable.
For 2 + 2 + 1, the benefits is that your master room is single system, so when one compressor is down, u still have the other 2 for usage.
For ur current proposed setup, all 3 rooms share the same compressor.

misran

Reaction score
Thanks for your prompt advice, terumo.

In your opinion, 3+2 system is okay?

For my scenario, would there still be comprehensive warranty for the 1st year? Also, anything I should emphasize to the installer since they're reusing the piping for a system with a new refrigerant,e.g. cleaning the pipe, leak testing,etc?

terumo

Reaction score
To misran,

U can pay additional charge to get a pressure test done to confirm the status of ur piping before installing the aircon units.

cracker

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Need some comments from the aircon guru here.
I intend to replace my aircon units

Was quoted the following

Daikin Inverter
Model : RKD50BVM / FTKD50FVM
Cap : abt 17K BTU
Single unit for the hall
Cost : $1,850

For my 3 bedrooms
Model : 3MKD75DVM / FTKD25DVM*2 , FTKD35DVM (master bedroom)
Cost : $3400

So did the shop treat me as a Robert or the price is reasonable?
of cos workmanship will also play apart

Thx

noelnoel

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

andykoh1981

Banned
Reaction score
I know of a contact who deals in aircon installation, servicing & repairs, you guys might wanna check with him for a quote before buying....

I got my mitsubishi inverter system 3 2 for room, 1 for master bedroom @ $2990
with so call upgraded materials... anyway his contact is thlaircon.sales@gmail.com eddie i think

andykoh1981

Banned
Reaction score
Hi, how do you calculated to 8.5A? Can teach me coz I wish to look at other brands too. Thanks!

Most brands offer system 4 which is applicable for usage in new & old HDBs. Only the 4A38 cannot be used for old HDB whereby the power allocated is insufficient...

andykoh1981

Banned
Reaction score
Hi,

Need some comments from the aircon guru here.
I intend to replace my aircon units

Was quoted the following

Daikin Inverter
Model : RKD50BVM / FTKD50FVM
Cap : abt 17K BTU
Single unit for the hall
Cost : $1,850

For my 3 bedrooms
Model : 3MKD75DVM / FTKD25DVM*2 , FTKD35DVM (master bedroom)
Cost : $3400

So did the shop treat me as a Robert or the price is reasonable?
of cos workmanship will also play apart

Thx

Yours is reuse or new piping? Condo new piping required hacking and such... which is cheap for the price. most prob is reusing the existing pipes.
And your daikin Aircon is an old model using R22 refrigerant. New model is 3MKS75

The_King

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i will be getting 2 sets system 1 dalkin air con or 1 sets system 1 dalkin air con and 1 sets of system 1 Mitsubishi Electric.

i will be upgrading the pipe and insulator to the max as i planing to reuse it next time.

i would like to know is it worth to extended warranty at $200 for each system 1?

thank you

andykoh1981

Banned
Reaction score
i will be getting 2 sets system 1 dalkin air con or 1 sets system 1 dalkin air con and 1 sets of system 1 Mitsubishi Electric.

i will be upgrading the pipe and insulator to the max as i planing to reuse it next time.

i would like to know is it worth to extended warranty at $200 for each system 1?

thank you

Pointless bro. Upgrade to highest quality for HDB or condo would be 3/4inch insulation & 22 gauge piping. Can last u min 15 years with proper maintenance.
Aircon fancoil warranty is only 1 year by agent, u extend to another 2 years, total 1 + 2, how often an aircon spoil within 3 years? At most if spoil, labour and parts cost you 150+- each....

The_King

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
warraty is for 4 year, not sure if it worth it extend. it will be $400 for 2 system 1

chanel26

Reaction score
Hi,

Any recommendation for sys 3, New Bto flats.

Local brand, pana, mitsu, daikin, Samsung?

Best place to buy and costs?

Tks. ;)

The very first thing you must ask yourself is whether you are using the aircon on a heavy usage. IF yes you should go for inverter which is more expensive but can save you money in the long run.

This article on inverter aircon vs non inverter aircon might help you make a better decision:
Inverter Aircon VS Non Inverter Aircon - E Home Services

andykoh1981

Banned
Reaction score
The very first thing you must ask yourself is whether you are using the aircon on a heavy usage. IF yes you should go for inverter which is more expensive but can save you money in the long run.

This article on inverter aircon vs non inverter aircon might help you make a better decision:
Inverter Aircon VS Non Inverter Aircon - E Home Services

Anyway from my understanding, Non inverter not available for sales by NEA anymore... Kinda due to issues of energy consumption

terumo

Reaction score
For hdb, 1/2 insulation will be enough, 3/4 insulation, ur trunking will be very big... :)

terumo

Reaction score
to noelnoel,
Most brands catalogue will state the max running amp.
But usually the system will operate at a amp lower then the max.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.