Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxicoolservices

Suspended
Reaction score
Hello TimCooked,

During sourcing for recon fancoil, if possible best to get back the same model due to compatibility issues. If would be good if the fancoil is chemically cleaned before use.

If you need to get a new System 3 then yes do consider to have your pipings/insualtion changed to prevent future headaches. Existing pipings are already 13 years of age. Chances are they might not hold up throughout the lifespan of your new unit.

Good Luck on your search and Hope you have this resolved soonest.

Best Regards,

Jason Tham

Thanks maxicoolservices,for your thorough reply.

Yes, my fan coil has corroded to the point beyond chemical cleaning.

I guess I will have to source for a recon fan coil first. If unavailable, then I would probably shop for a System 3 (yes my condenser serves 3 bedrooms). Bearing in mind that I will have to replace piping as well...this is my worst nightmare come true.

TimCooked

Reaction score
For Daikin air con u can just change a new fan coil unit . Coz u ard $500 for the new fan coil unit .

Hi Mrairc, this is news.
My aircon model is FTK35JVE 9.
Please confirm if I can just replace with a new fan coil, at $500.
If so, I think this could be a better option than changing all 3 fan coils and compressor.

TimCooked

Reaction score
Once again, thank you so much, Jason, for the good advice.
I have replaced the pipes for this current fan coil due to a previous gas leak due to pipe age. So if what Mrairc suggest is possible, replacing just a fan coil could be the most optimal solution.

maxicoolservices

Suspended
Reaction score
Hello TimCooked,

Good to know that the pipings are reusable.
Yes indeed if a new fancoil is available for your model then replacing with a new fancoil would be the most cost saving. :)
Good Luck.

Best Regards,

Jason Tham

Once again, thank you so much, Jason, for the good advice.
I have replaced the pipes for this current fan coil due to a previous gas leak due to pipe age. So if what Mrairc suggest is possible, replacing just a fan coil could be the most optimal solution.

TimCooked

Reaction score
In any case, Jason, how much should I pay for changing of pipes for the other 2 aircon units, in addition to the System 3 itself?

terumo

Reaction score
To TimCooked,

Ftk35jve, u cant find a new fcu to replace.
U have to get recon.
Models that will work is Daikin Ftk35hve, Ftke35bsg or the same model that u r having now.
Its a Daikin 12k btu inverter fancoil.
U outdoor unit should be 3mk75hven or 4mk75hven.

TimCooked

Reaction score
To TimCooked,

Ftk35jve, u cant find a new fcu to replace.
U have to get recon.
Models that will work is Daikin Ftk35hve, Ftke35bsg or the same model that u r having now.
Its a Daikin 12k btu inverter fancoil.
U outdoor unit should be 3mk75hven or 4mk75hven.

Thanks Terumo, I will look around.

gensity

Reaction score
I having system 4 mistubish in my living room one when switch on, no air is blowing out. Not even warm air. Thus called for some guy. They said the motor spoil Liao. There one small motor on e right corner.

How much does that costs?

Joevyis

Reaction score
I having system 4 mistubish in my living room one when switch on, no air is blowing out. Not even warm air. Thus called for some guy. They said the motor spoil Liao. There one small motor on e right corner.

How much does that costs?

Between $200-$300, depends on which model no.

jmilo

Reaction score
the guy from aircon designs is recommending us to get system 3 mitsubishi heavy r410a gas 9k btux2 and 12kx1...about $300 difference with daikin system 3 for almost the same specs...is it worth the savings?

he also mentioned that since both brands will last me 5-7 years, so better get mitsubishi heavy (cheaper)...also both made in thailand...

any inputs?

Last edited:

lvsaint

Reaction score
Hi All,

Need help in choosing between Toshiba and Mitsubishi. Price quote is the same at 2950. Both comes with the below mentioned items. Will need something which provides better air quality as family member is asthmatic and sinus prone.

Mitsubishi Starmex sys 3 - 2950
Toshiba Inverter System 3- RAS3M20/ RASM10SKCV x 3 (9k btu x 3) - 2950

Both package includes :
Armaflex 1/2 Inches Class 1 Insulation
G23 Copper Pipe
16mm drainage pvc pipe
Premium Grade Control Wiring

mrairc

Reaction score
Hi All,

Need help in choosing between Toshiba and Mitsubishi. Price quote is the same at 2950. Both comes with the below mentioned items. Will need something which provides better air quality as family member is asthmatic and sinus prone.

Both package includes :
G23 Copper Pipe
16mm drainage pvc pipe
I like Toshiba .

Joevyis

Reaction score
Hi All,

Both package includes :
G23 Copper Pipe
16mm drainage pvc pipe

Prefer Mitsubishi.. :)

lvsaint

Reaction score
So it's 1 recommendation each for Mitsubishi and Toshiba. Any other opinions please

Joevyis

Reaction score
So it's 1 recommendation each for Mitsubishi and Toshiba. Any other opinions please

For your reference :/-

Mitsubishi
Heating as well as cooling office and commercial environments, easier to clean. Electricity saving and dead silent. Compressor made in Thailand.

Toshiba
Less energy consumption, compressor made in Japan.

Or maybe you can consider to get quote for Panasonic.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.