Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrairc

Reaction score
Any feedback on MIDEA Inverter System 2 9000 BTU unit? Heard it was quite popular in China. I was recommended a good promotion price from Courts at $1687, $512 less. Tks! :)
Midea is a good brand in china ...so fast already in sg few year not much complaint . but is only scare after few year can t find the air con s/part . if Courts got give u 5 years all s/part warranty can be consider :)

Enjoy your new air con :)

gaurov_86

Reaction score
System 4 unit for 5rm.

Hi bros anyone can recommend me a gd and reliable brand and a quote of pricing??
Went courts and europace goin at 3588 with 5yr parts n 6 yr compressor and are using mitsubishi compressor and parts..isit true??.btu also 35000..
Dunno if they smoking me but sad back is only 3ticks for energy..

Midea going at 3088 with 2yr parts n 5yrs for com..

Any other brand to recommend as budget is max 4k

gaurov_86

Reaction score
@terumo budget around max 4k..
But now I might just grab a system 3 and then a casement for one of the smaller rooms.
Any advice bro??
Kinda looking at starmex..

biatche

Reaction score
Hi sifus please advice.

Priority:

1. MOST silent (lowest fan speed oepration). No blowing sound, no humming.. msy-ge10va?
2. No windchill (sharp? gentle cool)
3. nice air to breathe.. (sharp plasmacluster... is this a marketing gimmick or does it really do something?)

no need fast cooling or very cold temperatures...

Joevyis^^

Reaction score
Hi sifus please advice.

Priority:

1. MOST silent (lowest fan speed oepration). No blowing sound, no humming.. msy-ge10va?
2. No windchill (sharp? gentle cool)
3. nice air to breathe.. (sharp plasmacluster... is this a marketing gimmick or does it really do something?)

no need fast cooling or very cold temperatures...

Mitsubishi meet your needs.

gaurov_86

Reaction score
Need advice???

Hi bros,
Would this be a good offer?
Midea system 4 @ 2499(12,9,9,9) ,if incld the extended warranty and upgrades to G22 cables and 4 core wiring and thicker armaflex insulator will cost me $3262.965 which is quite cheap for a system 4 as i wont be a hardcore user.Maybe 4-6 hrs
Plus heard so far midea not so much issues right??

If i get a panasonic(12,9,9,9) @3399 with the bundle& upgrades will be $4344.90
&
a Mitsubishi starmex will be at $3429 & bundle & upgrades will be $4376.40

maxicoolservices

Suspended
Reaction score
Hello Gaurov_86,

If budget permits, I would prefer Mitsubishi Electric Starmex.
However this is up to your personal discretion as cost savings between the brands is almost 1.1K.

Do check on the extended warranty to find out what does it encompass and what are the actual material specs for the material used in the installation.
4 core wiring can come in many brands with Keystone being the more reputable brand in the market.

At the same time you might want to check if they include installation warranty which is an extra coverage for you as bad installation would most probably contribute to the most problems in the long run.

If you are not in a hurry to have the system fixed, you might want to get a few more quotation for comparison before deciding.

My personal opinion is that when we look at installing an aircon system, we should be looking at long term unless your purpose is for rental or short term stay. Not only are the materials used important, workmanship, but also the durability. A new set of aircon is expected to last at least 7 years with proper maintenance.

Say within this 7 years, if there are several breakdowns/repairs, you would also have to take into account these cost which is why warranty is important in certain aspects however most of the time these are either amortized into the cost of system purchased or sold as a separate package.

Another portion would be the hassle if there are constant repairs/replacement especially if you have concealed fixtures etc, the hacking and rework would be quite cumbersome.

There is no right or wrong on selecting a specific brand as we should always work within our budget. It would always be wise to consider carefully before selecting what is best for you and your pocket.

Good Luck.

Best Regards,

Jason Tham

Hi bros,
Would this be a good offer?
Midea system 4 @ 2499(12,9,9,9) ,if incld the extended warranty and upgrades to G22 cables and 4 core wiring and thicker armaflex insulator will cost me $3262.965 which is quite cheap for a system 4 as i wont be a hardcore user.Maybe 4-6 hrs
Plus heard so far midea not so much issues right??

If i get a panasonic(12,9,9,9) @3399 with the bundle& upgrades will be $4344.90
&
a Mitsubishi starmex will be at $3429 & bundle & upgrades will be $4376.40

bojangle

Reaction score
hi,

2 days ago I've retired my 9yrs old Sharp plasma and changed to Toshiba system 3.
However, I find that the temperature is quite warm as compared to my old Sharp non-inverter.
1st night I set at 25 degree with full fan speed and felt that is not cold. Last night set it at 24 degree but with fan speed at 4. woke up middle of night and felt stuffy then set it to 23 and full fan speed.

When fan speed is at full, whole night keep hearing wind blowing but was told that high fan speed than your room will cold. :s11:

The remote full of functions and I dunno which is the ideal selection to sleep throughout. Can some one enlighten me.

mrairc

Reaction score
hi,

2 days ago I've retired my 9yrs old Sharp plasma and changed to Toshiba system 3.
However, I find that the temperature is quite warm as compared to my old Sharp non-inverter.
1st night I set at 25 degree with full fan speed and felt that is not cold. Last night set it at 24 degree but with fan speed at 4. woke up middle of night and felt stuffy then set it to 23 and full fan speed.

When fan speed is at full, whole night keep hearing wind blowing but was told that high fan speed than your room will cold. :s11:

The remote full of functions and I dunno which is the ideal selection to sleep throughout. Can some one enlighten me.
Call Toshiba air con agent ( 65675333 ) is free of charge for new air con in a year .

Joevyis^^

Reaction score
hi,

Need to troubleshooting for your aircon.

terumo

Reaction score
To bojangle,

I think the reason why u duh feel as cold as before is that the compressor has cut off or is running low speed.

Maybe u can try 21-22 & middle fan speed & try?

bojangle

Reaction score
Thanks guys,

just now I set at 20 and running at full fan speed, turned out very cold after 1 hour.

Now shall monitor again on 24 and see whether it can maintain the coldness.

segafan

Reaction score
Hi bros,

Need your quick recommendations for aircon models/ brand.

Am intending buy/ install aircon at my parent's place.
(3 rooms: 2 beedrooms + living room).

Preferably 3 ticks (4 ticks also ok).
No need special features..

Budget: Mid range budget as I'm paying for it lols. I do intend to get something could last long but most importantly it's economical (electricity friendly) as they pay their own bills.
They usually need aircon when the weather is hot. Otherwise they would only use fan (i.e. don't on the aircon 24/7).

I did my own recon at Best Denki and Courts but not sure what to pick.
I browsed through most of the replies in this forum and I realised Mitsubishi is the preferred brand/ model? (I will avoid Daikin as this brand has failed us alot of times)

I am clueless about aircon as I don't own one personally.

Thanks so much for your inputs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.