Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

kityip

Reaction score
I got a quote for ME system 3 inverter, for $3200.
But is it worth to topup $300, for the ME's extended warranty to 5 years.?
Cause the normal warranty is 5yrs compressor, 1yr other parts & labour.

Anyone bought a Starmex ME system and upgrade the warranty?

twosix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My 4 aircon and compressor are more than 10 yrs old. I'm thinking of changing it but I do not want to teardown my cabinets to replace the pipes.

is it possible just to change the aircons and compressor only?

Joevyis^^

Reaction score
My 4 aircon and compressor are more than 10 yrs old. I'm thinking of changing it but I do not want to teardown my cabinets to replace the pipes.

is it possible just to change the aircons and compressor only?

Yes, but will be a risk there. Need to ensure your piping no leakage.

RoystonTeo

Reaction score
Would like to check with everyone here, the aircon company I am looking at is giving me as default copper pipe (gauge 23) and armaflex insulation (3/8")

Should I go all out and upgrade to copper pipe (gauge 22) and ½” thick insulation? I am thinking when replacing the aircon next time, i can reuse the pipes and insulation.

Would it affect anything if i only upgrade just 1 of them (either piping or insulation)?

I am getting Mitsubishi system 4 inverter.

kw07

Reaction score
Warranty and Installation query

How much is installation cost for a standard system 3?

For warranty claims, do you go back to the contractor that help you to install as a package or go back to the aircon supplier?

Joevyis^^

Reaction score
How much is installation cost for a standard system 3?

For warranty claims, do you go back to the contractor that help you to install as a package or go back to the aircon supplier?

See which faulty you claim for as workmanship warranty and AC warranty are different.

kityip

Reaction score
Undecided which companies to choose. ;(
Recently anyone did a good aircon installation, which company you use?

In this forum, I read about Hong Tar, Gain City, Coolserve, All Best.

luei74

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I got the Mitsubishi Heavy Industry, exactly 5 years of usage. I never go for any services before since the last installation, as I will just DIY myself on: cleaning of the filter and the blower.

I do that in every 3-4 months but until recently noticed after the cleaning of the blower, the air blow wasn't cool enough at the night. Not sure what's the problem causing this, I would said my air-con is still functioning well w/o any leakage or break down. Any one facing the similar problem before?

maxicoolservices

Suspended
Reaction score
Hello Luei74,

Good job on doing your own upkeep.

Based on description it seems that either your unit is lacking in gas or the coils are dirty.

Is the air emitted as strong as previous when the unit was cold?
If the air is as still strong as previous, chances are your unit might be lacking in gas.

Otherwise if the strength of the air emitted is reduced, chances are the coil is dirty. For Mitsubishi Heavy Industry, the unit has a V-Coil which cannot be reached unless the unit is dismantled hence even with the regular upkeep of filter and blower, the coils will eventually get dirty and affect the cooling efficiency.

You might want have your contractor do a check on this to confirm.

Best Regards,

Jason Tham

I got the Mitsubishi Heavy Industry, exactly 5 years of usage. I never go for any services before since the last installation, as I will just DIY myself on: cleaning of the filter and the blower.

I do that in every 3-4 months but until recently noticed after the cleaning of the blower, the air blow wasn't cool enough at the night. Not sure what's the problem causing this, I would said my air-con is still functioning well w/o any leakage or break down. Any one facing the similar problem before?

Last edited:

luei74

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My setting was at "Med" all the while and the room will be cool down within the 10 mins. Last night setting at "Auto and Hi", the air emitted still as strong as previously, only the air was not cool enough and the room was unable to cool down even after 1 hr. I will try to monitor the situation tonight. If I would like to do the checking and top up for the gas, how much will be the current market rate?

Hello Luei74,

Good job on doing your own upkeep.

Based on description it seems that either your unit is lacking in gas or the coils are dirty.

Is the air emitted as strong as previous when the unit was cold?
If the air is as still strong as previous, chances are your unit might be lacking in gas.

Otherwise if the strength of the air emitted is reduced, chances are the coil is dirty. For Mitsubishi Heavy Industry, the unit has a V-Coil which cannot be reached unless the unit is dismantled hence even with the regular upkeep of filter and blower, the coils will eventually get dirty and affect the cooling efficiency.

You might want have your contractor do a check on this to confirm.

Best Regards,

Jason Tham

maxicoolservices

Suspended
Reaction score
Hello Luei74,

Let me drop you a pm on this.

Best Regards,

Jason Tham

My setting was at "Med" all the while and the room will be cool down within the 10 mins. Last night setting at "Auto and Hi", the air emitted still as strong as previously, only the air was not cool enough and the room was unable to cool down even after 1 hr. I will try to monitor the situation tonight. If I would like to do the checking and top up for the gas, how much will be the current market rate?

kityip

Reaction score
To kityip,

Then this price is reasonable.

Hi terumo,

Hong Tar, Gain City and All Best quoted me around this price, ranging from 3120 to 3280.

But workmanship can't decide which one to choose. Cause I first time going for multi split system.
Any recommendation ?

Armaflex class 1 and class 0, which one is better or used ?

Is it worth to upgrade to 1/2" Armaflex and G22 copper pipe @ $180 ?

Thank you.

Last edited:

terumo

Reaction score
To kityip,

Class 1 & 0, I feel that class 1 is good enough.
Upgrade of piping will depends on your pipe routing (as it, is it hidden in some warerobe or false ceiling)

Recommendations, i will PM u.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.