Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buzztiger

Reaction score
Hi Bros,

I am looking to get a new aircon to replace my existing non-inverter aircon.

3x Room : 4.1M(length) x 2.9M(width) x 2.6M(ceiling)
Usage : 9 hours daily, 3 rooms on simultaneously

The specs in bold is my ideal spec, but i think most low cost installers are using the lower specs.

Model : MXY-3A28VA
Fan coil : 3x MSY-GE10VA
Piping : 22 (or 23) SWG Copper
Insulation : 1/2" (or 3/8") ARMAFLEX Insulation (either class 1 or 0)
drainage : 20-25mm (16mm)
warranty : 5 years

Misc : Free dismantle of old aircon
Free installation of aircon
Rewiring : using at least 3C70(outdoor) 3C40 (indoor)
Proper pipe bender for corners for piping
BCA cert for bracket installer
vacuum pump after installation
max G22 copper pipe per FCU (have to find out whats the length)

Installation of stainless steel bracket : ideally below $150

I check the current limit on the compressor is 8.5A, do i need to install a 15A aircon power point? if i have a existing 15A powerpoint for my current aircon, would that be ok?

Looking at cost : $2880 + $150(bracket)

Any experts can advise if i have noted everything that is needed?

Can share where you got this pricing ? Thanks.

Buzztiger

Reaction score
hi experts here,

first time installing an air con in my house. wonder which one to install. thinking to install a system 3.

went to bigbox and the promoter suggested LG brand to me over mitsubishi. is LG air con good? the filter inside quality looks 'better' than the mitsubishi catechin filter .

I also experience the same thing at bigbox. Gaincity also recommend me LG and say it comes with longer warranty for parts. I wonder if Mitsubishi starmex inverter aircon parts are expensive to replace in case it dies after the 1 yr warranty.

Last edited:
Reaction score
i'm currently living in a 5 room flat
the old type, meaning, 3 bedroom + 1 study room
Thinking of getting a system 4
aircon will be hardly on as the family is used to not having aircon

can any experts advice which brand to get?

wrongwroks

Reaction score
the salesperson say the mitsubishi starmex parts need to order in the event if it spoil. that will takes at least a few month for it to come. And also if the blower unit certain part malfunction, the whole air-con will not function anymore for the time being.

dont know how true is that.

they mention they will come to do a site survey FOC once u place a deposit.

the mistubishi air con looks the most normal in terms of design. other brands air con nowadays look more modern. maybe look nice nia, not durable?

chongpang

Reaction score
1)amaflex insulation 1/2 thickness
2)22SWG copper pipe
3)drain pipe 16mm
4)free 2 years warranty for gas leaking n water leaking(must have proper maintenance if not chargeable#) due to installation.
#do engage us to do the aircond servicing maintenance so we can give u the best maintenance and we can follow up if any defect arise from yr newly install aircond.
5)bracket (if necessary) $150

Mitsubishi Starmex
Total cost $2899

Does your installation package includes the following?

1. Free Unlimited Site Survey Inspection
2. Free Senior Techician & Contractor Installation
3. No Transport Charge
4. Free One-Time Chemical Servicing + Free Gas Top-up (To be used within 3 months from installation date)
5. Lifetime Discounted Rate for Chemical Servicing
6. Free Upgrade of Installation Materials
• PVC Drainage Pipes: 20mm
• Insulations: 1/2” Armaflex Insulation
• Wire Cables: PSB Approved Sigma 4C40 or 3C70
• Copper Pipes: Grade 22 SWG Copper Coil Thickness 60/100
7. 5 Years Installation Warranty
8. 5 Years Agent Warranty for Compressor Unit - Condenser/Motor
9. 1 Year Agent Warranty for Fan Coil Unit - Parts
10. Free Service Voucher
11. Free Dismantle & Disposal of Old Air-con
12. Stainless Steel Brackets
13. Unlimited Piping Length
14. Free Aircon PowerPoint

anonym99

Reaction score
I also experience the same thing at bigbox. Gaincity also recommend me LG and say it comes with longer warranty for parts. I wonder if Mitsubishi starmex inverter aircon parts are expensive to replace in case it dies after the 1 yr warranty.
Hi,

I also recommended LG over Mitshubishi by gain city promoter.
He said, all Air Con made in thailand (Mitshubishi, Sharp, Panasonic, etc), except LG made in korea.
We're still thinking which one to buy, if any experts here can give reviews about LG.

Thanks.

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi,

I also recommended LG over Mitshubishi by gain city promoter.
He said, all Air Con made in thailand (Mitshubishi, Sharp, Panasonic, etc), except LG made in korea.
We're still thinking which one to buy, if any experts here can give reviews about LG.

Thanks.

LG should go with premium mirror type, don't go for entry level, you might headache after maintenace n services

ME Starmex for less trouble like maintenace & less chemical wash an issue.

For example chemical wash for around 120 per each FCU.
Vs normal cleaning only $35-40 per FCU.

For the maintenace on LG would be more expansive due to some parts can't be remove out at all, such as fan blower else.

Jeremy1

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
LG should go with premium mirror type, don't go for entry level, you might headache after maintenace n services

ME Starmex for less trouble like maintenace & less chemical wash an issue.

For example chemical wash for around 120 per each FCU.
Vs normal cleaning only $35-40 per FCU.

For the maintenace on LG would be more expansive due to some parts can't be remove out at all, such as fan blower else.

LG the mirror one not easily dismantle as what my colleague told me.

He brought it 2 years liao and so far so good.

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
called up a few of my friends contact for aircon..and was kinda quoted around the same price of 3150 for system 3 invertor..and they seems to be ok with any brand I want...asked for starmex also ok, but they recommended Daikin for the durability and ease of maintenance (spare part in singapore).

is 3150 a bit on the high side?

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
called up a few of my friends contact for aircon..and was kinda quoted around the same price of 3150 for system 3 invertor..and they seems to be ok with any brand I want...asked for starmex also ok, but they recommended Daikin for the durability and ease of maintenance (spare part in singapore).

Yap quite high side, if you compare to all best.

Daikin is good Aircon and quite cold, just the fan blower can't be dismantle too..

Then if wanna clean the blower just do with chemical wash only.

To be compare pana or starmex that is a bit worst design and pay higher maintenance fee too

Last edited:

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yap quite high side, if you compare to all best.

Daikin is good Aircon and quite cold, just the fan blower can't be dismantle too..

Then if wanna clean the blower just do with chemical wash only.

To be compare pana or starmex that is a bit worst design and pay higher maintenance fee too

sorry, cant understand your last sentence...you mean daikin is worst design than pana and starmex?

so between Daikin and starmex..which will be a better choice?

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
sorry, cant understand your last sentence...you mean daikin is worst design than pana and starmex?

so between Daikin and starmex..which will be a better choice?

Pana & Starmex at least a single screw can be dismantle out the fan blower , unless Daikin until dusty at all then just do with chemical will works fine

Below the photo was taken from Daikin inverter unit
BDA119D6-2207-464E-98FA-0ECB3555B80B_zpsyyp2xcnm.jpg

Last edited:

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my gut feel is telling me to get starmex...

but is it true that the parts are more expensive if they are spoilt? cos not really available in singapore?

Buzztiger

Reaction score

My neighbour above my house using daikin aircon. The outdoor unit so loud I can hear it in my room with windows closed.

Jeremy1

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

but is it true that the parts are more expensive if they are spoilt? cos not really available in singapore?

That's why it's better to buy extended warranty.

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score

Hi, from the starmex GE10-18VA model never has a issue so far, unlike GE24-26VA last time got some batch has fan motor & PCB an issue only.

If talks about parts for Daikin & ME starmex also consider expansive parts, unlike pana is a cheaper ;)

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
1) Mitsubishi sys 3 $2950.
Mxy3a28 / msy-ge10va x3
2) Daikin sys 3 $ 3050.
3mks71fsg/ftks25 x3
3) Stainless steel bracket $150 each

----

Is the pricing reasonable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.