Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

STREAM2

Reaction score
To STREAM2,

Its internal diameter.

Thks to KimSim and Terumo for the reply.

May I know if the Armaflex insulation at the outdoor compressor is it better to hv it wrap with aluminum foil tape to protect against sun and rain?
Will it be good to have it or will cause more problems?
(I noticed mostly no tape, only some hv put the silver aluminium tape)

Last edited:

LWo_oWL

Reaction score
New Aircon Units

Please do not buy Aircon from Courts. Their installation workmanship is very bad. This pic is an installation from Courts at my friend home. My friend told me it is useless to complaint because Courts unable to control their installation team well. It seems like Courts face difficulties to find suitable workers to do this job.

11870694_1016926101665048_2527200237752927567_n.jpg

STREAM2

Reaction score
Please do not buy Aircon from Courts. Their installation workmanship is very bad. This pic is an installation from Courts at my friend home. My friend told me it is useless to complaint because Courts unable to control their installation team well. It seems like Courts face difficulties to find suitable workers to do this job.
Show the photo to Courts and complaint the bad workmanship. They can ask the same contractor back to replace insulation and tape it back properly and take less than half hour.

cynic_

Reaction score
Hi aircon experts, just a question… I'm buying a resale flat, the old type so there's no service yard for me to put the main unit. Based on what I see from the neighbours, they place outside the window of the master bedroom.

My question is: for old flats like this, how many units are we allowed to place outside? Are we allowed to stack a few, for example?

Last edited:

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi aircon experts, just a question… I'm buying a resale flat, the old type so there's no service yard for me to put the main unit. Based on what I see from the neighbours, they place outside the window of the master bedroom.

My question is: for old flats like this, how many units are we allowed to place outside? Are we allowed to stack a few, for example?

Only single compressor, the condenser Height is cannot over the window bottom level only.

SL1975

Reaction score
Good air con supplier?

HI guys,

looking for a System 4.
any vendors to recommend.

Thanks.

anonym99

Reaction score
Hi,

GainCity quotes me LG SYS4 - ARTCOOL A4UQ26GFA1 $4669
is the price reasonable ?, or anyone bought SYS4 recently ?, can share

terumo

Reaction score
To cynic_,

You might be able to install 2 outdoor units depending on the type of HDB you are staying.

masterkof

Reaction score
Hi,
Any cheap 3rd party repair for both air-con and wiring problems?
I am using mitshibushi msxy-fd10va. only one unit have this problem.
The air-con all the lights are blinking non-stop ether with turn on or turn off. (i tried turning off and on the main switch still having the same problem. The lights blink when the main power is turned on. (not using air-con remote))
I called mitshibushi up and they told me to get a third party to try first as this might be a wiring problem and they don't do wiring. This is a 50% 50% chance.

thanks

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi,
Any cheap 3rd party repair for both air-con and wiring problems?
I am using mitshibushi msxy-fd10va. only one unit have this problem.
The air-con all the lights are blinking non-stop ether with turn on or turn off. (i tried turning off and on the main switch still having the same problem. The lights blink when the main power is turned on. (not using air-con remote))
I called mitshibushi up and they told me to get a third party to try first as this might be a wiring problem and they don't do wiring. This is a 50% 50% chance.

thanks

Try to remove the air blade after put back again.
Cause on right side was the detection on that air swing blade.

Make sure slot in properly as well

If wiring should be totally can't function at all, meant no power.

Last edited:

Mike_Shinoda

Reaction score
hi all,

i am replacing my current Panasonic aircon units and would like to seek advice on whether this set-up and price are reasonable or not for 3 BRs.

Brand : Mitsubishi electric
Model : MXY-3A28VA / MSY-GE10VA x 3

Fan coil capacity : 3 X 8,530 Btu/hr
All on capacity : 3 X 8,530 Btu/hr

Supply and install air con with 1/2" Armaflex insulation, copper pipe gauge 23 and 16mm PVC drainage piping by "exposed trunking’’

i do not understand what is the meaning of exposed trunkings.

Quoted $3.2k

is this ok?

masterkof

Reaction score
U should notice the swing blade at left hand side hv a hook that can slide in and out (both blade).
try to push the hook in so u here a click sound (mean fully in)
should solve yr problem...

I tried that already still having the problem. I took out and put it back in. Somehow the image ended up small but the lights are still blinking even I took out and put back the blades.

Last edited:

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
I tried that already still having the problem. I took out and put it back in.

Indoor Coil Thermistor defect or most likely fan motor kaput.

You try to count from stopping at 2.5secs then blinking continue how many times before stop again.

Thanks

Last edited:

terumo

Reaction score
To Mike_Shinoda,
Exposed trunking means they can be seen, its not concealed or hidden.
This price is within the reasonable range.
Though you might be able to get one for similar prices with better quality materials. Or slightly cheaper with similar materials.

Mike_Shinoda

Reaction score
To Terumo,

thank you very much. i am also concern with installation works.
This price is quoted by c00lS*r*v*. highly recommended by my friend for their installations.
Do you happen to have other good recommendations that i can refer to?

Thank you very much in advance for your prompt reply.

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
To Terumo,

thank you very much. i am also concern with installation works.
This price is quoted by c00lS*r*v*. highly recommended by my friend for their installations.
Do you happen to have other good recommendations that i can refer to?

Thank you very much in advance for your prompt reply.

try to get quotation from gaincity...I think their service is good...installation is quite pro..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.