Air tix to melbourne is costly?

jie1313

Reaction score
Hi ppl,

I am about to book Emirates/Qantas air ticket to melbourne in June and it's priced at around $700 per pax. Both flights to and fro are red-eye flights as it will cost more for non red-eye. May I ask if that is an expensive range?

Last edited:

beano

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
$700 is normal.. probably lowest just over $600..

jie1313

Reaction score
Thanks for the views. Hmm, will think about whether should i wait further for SQ promo.

Junop61

Reaction score
Hi ppl,

I am about to book Emirates/Qantas air ticket to melbourne in June and it's priced at around $700 per pax. Both flights to and fro are red-eye flights as it will cost more for non red-eye. May I ask if that is an expensive range?
Emirates/Qantas have been promoting flights to MEL at around the $700 range for a long time. If I am not wrong since 2015, but once in a while you might get ridiculous prices like $500 for a economy return flight SIN-MEL-SIN and maybe a $350 oneway upgrade to business class.

Do note the blockout period are usually quite a bit higher.

beano

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Emirates/Qantas have been promoting flights to MEL at around the $700 range for a long time. If I am not wrong since 2015, but once in a while you might get ridiculous prices like $500 for a economy return flight SIN-MEL-SIN and maybe a $350 oneway upgrade to business class.

Do note the blockout period are usually quite a bit higher.

Cheapest i ever paid was $900 for 2 pax return on Scoot.. never had that deal ever since

Awesom Andy

Reaction score
Buy before Jetstar sale $200 :s22:

Jetstar no longer plies this route. (The dreamliner has been redeployed to Korea).

Cheapest i ever paid was $900 for 2 pax return on Scoot.. never had that deal ever since

I had $240 return when Scoot first launched SIN-SYD. Not quite Melbourne but close enough? :s13: I also had a $250 return on MAS with a transit in KLIA during Christmas, although it was the year when they lost 2 planes.

jie1313

Reaction score
Pricing on flight tickets are certainly dynamic and uneasy to understand and to catch the lowest possible ones.

winningeleven

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
As long it is below $700. It is acceptable. I think SQ has 650+ during sale. Any price below $600 is quite good.

juxtaposition

Reaction score
Yes correct :)
I got lucky bought it on $0 sale last year, paid $200 n on way back got changed to Qantas flight.

Jetstar no longer plies this route. (The dreamliner has been redeployed to Korea).

I had $240 return when Scoot first launched SIN-SYD. Not quite Melbourne but close enough? :s13: I also had a $250 return on MAS with a transit in KLIA during Christmas, although it was the year when they lost 2 planes.

Awesom Andy

Reaction score
Just come to think of it, isn't the SG school summer holidays in June? That would certainly explains the higher prices.

Awesom Andy

Reaction score
wait out on scoot. Sometimes they have deals ard 100-200ish.

When flights do restart after the pandemic (if you dare to travel), it is possible that there may be some very cheap prices for specific short-term dates to stimulate demand. They have already started selling domestic flights, with Jetstar selling Sydney-Avalon (Melbourne) flights for $34 one-way, despite Tiger most likely won't be flying again as their Australian parent has gone bankrupt.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.