AirPods Pro (Beware of fakes, buy direct from Apple!)

manofsorrows

Master Member
Reaction score
Yes i agree with adiboy.

Qoo10 korea stock also legit. I bought my APM from there too. Legit and authentic and with applecare+ too.

You can always go to Carousell and get the left side at a cheaper rate. Else get a new one from qoo10 around $200+. Korea stock.

nethdale

Reaction score
You can always go to Carousell and get the left side at a cheaper rate. Else get a new one from qoo10 around $200+. Korea stock.

Oh. Carousell .. is it easy to pair if I managed to get one though can Google. Haa.

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Oh. Carousell .. is it easy to pair if I managed to get one though can Google. Haa.

Yeah pretty straightforward. Just put both sides into the case, reset the AirPods Pro by long clicking the button at the back and pair them to the iOS device again.

jess_sy

Reaction score
Apple just changed both buds for my airpods pro. But i cant seem to be able to update the firmware to 3A283. Im stuck with 2D27. Also, my serial number is now indicated by "?" Anyone faced similar issues when getting a replacement bud from Apple?

Any significant improvement for the replacement buds?

nethdale

Reaction score
Yeah pretty straightforward. Just put both sides into the case, reset the AirPods Pro by long clicking the button at the back and pair them to the iOS device again.

Thanks adiBOY. I am still considering should I buy the replacement side when I read online that it seems there is new release in Apr 2021? Is it so?
Separately, as I am using window based laptop and I have difficulty pairing my APP with the laptop. Is there any BT/wireless headset works well for both iPhone and window based laptop? Thank you so much.

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks adiBOY. I am still considering should I buy the replacement side when I read online that it seems there is new release in Apr 2021? Is it so?
Separately, as I am using window based laptop and I have difficulty pairing my APP with the laptop. Is there any BT/wireless headset works well for both iPhone and window based laptop? Thank you so much.

New release is AirPods 3. The next iteration of the AirPods Pro will only be coming between 3Q21 to 1Q22.

You want a BT headset to work well on both windows and Mac, get the Sony WF-1000XM3.

nethdale

Reaction score
New release is AirPods 3. The next iteration of the AirPods Pro will only be coming between 3Q21 to 1Q22.

You want a BT headset to work well on both windows and Mac, get the Sony WF-1000XM3.

Thank you so much for your prompt reply. Hope is not as expensive as APP.

eargdf

Reaction score
Advice on issue with Airpods Pro

Hello, anyone experienced this issue with their airpods pro?

The surrounding environment sound becomes louder every time i touch my left airpod while having them in my ear.

For example, trying to push the airpods in to fit more securely, the left airpod will emit louder environmental sound for about 2secs before adjusting back to normal.

This happens all the time. But no such issue with the right airpod.

And i realised it is very obvious in transparency mode, very soft in noise cancellation mode and does not happen when either modes are off.

Last edited:

szeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

The surrounding environment sound becomes louder every time i touch my left airpod while having them in my ear.

For example, trying to push the airpods in to fit more securely, the left airpod will emit louder environmental sound for about 2secs before adjusting back to normal.

And i realised it is very obvious in transparency mode, very soft in noise cancellation mode and does not happen when either modes are off.

like I posted a few pages back there’s a repair program for AirPods Pro. just log a case with  support.

Charlie_Zhan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

because your fingers is pushing against the outward facing mic.

eargdf

Reaction score
like I posted a few pages back there’s a repair program for AirPods Pro. just log a case with  support.

Yup, thanks, have logged a case and going down to apple store to check soon.

Just wanted to know if anyone else faced the same issue.

I've got another question I'd like to ask.

What is the battery drain rate for APP case when all of it are fully charged and not in use.

Mine is currently losing about 1% every 2hrs when not in use.

Is this considered normal?

Gambler.

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi folks,

i'm an existing user of the normal airpods gen 2 but really don't like the fit as it comes off my ears even after adding the silicon covers when exercising.

is the airpods pro a better fit for workouts?

linkedlist

Reaction score
Hi all, anyone experiencing sudden disconnection on yr airpod pros? i.e. left airpod disconnect suddenly and reconnect again?

tec_geek

Reaction score
Hi all, anyone experiencing sudden disconnection on yr airpod pros? i.e. left airpod disconnect suddenly and reconnect again?

I do experience this from time to time as well, especially in crowded areas. Not sure if it’s because of TraceTogether.

What I usually do is, I always select via the control center, to play it on my iPhone speaker then select to play on my AirPods again, then it works

Nuggette

Reaction score
Just got my APP replaced today due to cracking noises but with the new pair, I am experiencing something strange, not sure if anyone else has encountered this...?
let's say my existing mode is "off". When i put on one side, transparency mode on that side automatically kicks in. Once I put on the other side, then it turns off transparency. Same when i took off one side of the APP, the remaining side on my ear will auto turn on transparency mode.. Feature or a bug?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.