AirPods Pro (Beware of fakes, buy direct from Apple!)

gt_5454

Master Member
Reaction score
What kinda sound you’re encountering? Hissing? Knocking sound when there’s movement? Like a soft “Tok tok” kind? I do hear that when I’m in a moving bus whenever there’s a slight jerk.
yes its the tok tok kind of sound that I hear when i move my head, walk or run.... is it normal with such ear buds with silicon? The sound happens in all 3 modes ie: anc. transparency and off...

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yes its the tok tok kind of sound that I hear when i move my head, walk or run.... is it normal with such ear buds with silicon? The sound happens in all 3 modes ie: anc. transparency and off...

I don’t have any of those ‘tok tok’ sounds on my APP. If it bothers you, bring it back to Apple for a replacement.

Charlie_Zhan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
U bought your APP from where initially. Why APP so many issues or was it not fully regression tested compared to AP2
bought directly from apple store. and just to update, the left side of this particular replacement also failed after 2 weeks. and i’ve since replaced them again. so it’s like 7th replacement already. haha.

Charlie_Zhan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Pardon me for the noob questions. I gotten mine in Dec 20 how do u all test and identify issues with your APP? So far I am using it to listen to some music and mostly watching videos etc.
minor issues will be like ANC not performing as well as new, loss of bass. significant and obvious issues will be crackling, buzzing, or total loss of ANC or transparency mode

gt_5454

Master Member
Reaction score
minor issues will be like ANC not performing as well as new, loss of bass. significant and obvious issues will be crackling, buzzing, or total loss of ANC or transparency mode
if anyone were to read the number of times you had to exchange, i think no one dare to buy the AirPods Pro already 😄

On the other hand , have to give it to Apple for allowing so many exchanges within warranty period

Charlie_Zhan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if anyone were to read the number of times you had to exchange, i think no one dare to buy the AirPods Pro already 😄

On the other hand , have to give it to Apple for allowing so many exchanges within warranty period
initially before apple publicly acknowledged this issues that many users are facing and offered this replacement program, i posted the issues here and my multiple replacement experiences. and surprisingly there one apple sheep that said the issue is actually me and not the APPs itself. lmao.

but after i posted a link to a thread from macrumors with loads of people facing same issues, and apple publicly posting that article. that sheep now becoming very quiet already. haha.

yea so this was the latest replacement of the new replacements they gave me 2 - 3 weeks prior. they ran audio tests on them and unsurprisingly, failed. :)

now i have shitloads of the silicon eartips at home because they always give you a set of replacement tips s/m/l whenever they replace the APPs.

zRyrCkL.jpg

gt_5454

Master Member
Reaction score
initially before apple publicly acknowledged this issues that many users are facing and offered this replacement program, i posted the issues here and my multiple replacement experiences. and surprisingly there one apple sheep that said the issue is actually me and not the APPs itself. lmao.

but now after i posted a link to a thread from macrumors with loads of people facing same issues, and apple publicly posting that article. that sheep now becoming very quiet already. haha.

yea so this was the latest replacement of the new replacements they gave me 2 - 3 weeks prior. they ran audio tests on them and unsurprisingly, failed. :)

zRyrCkL.jpg
Ya there seems to be well documented issues of the AirPods Pro. Given a choice, will you still buy the APP again? And if not APP, any other choices ? Thanks for sharing

Charlie_Zhan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ya there seems to be well documented issues of the AirPods Pro. Given a choice, will you still buy the APP again? And if not APP, any other choices ? Thanks for sharing
given a choice. probably not. will stick to my dac + campfire andromedas combo with the new apple music lossless. i initially bought these APP for convenience and travel use. although i’m not expecting these APPs to match a $1800 wired+dac combo. it shouldn’t make consumers pay such a price for a product that seems to be still in beta phase.

for those who feel that your APP is still working normal. just run the ear fit test, if it fails, go have them replaced. then listen to the new APP’s bass and how the ANC performs. trust me it will probably make yourselves feel like a fool for ignoring this problem and trying to convince yourself to live with it and treat it like there’s nothing wrong. :D

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hopefully APP 2 next year will resolve all these issues. I myself went to replace both sides once just before warranty expires, currently this pair also started to have that ‘static’ issue in transparency mode, but not too bothered about it anymore.

Other than that, it works perfectly fine.

Charlie_Zhan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hopefully APP 2 next year will resolve all these issues. I myself went to replace both sides once just before warranty expires, currently this pair also started to have that ‘static’ issue in transparency mode, but not too bothered about it anymore.

Other than that, it works perfectly fine.
this service program covers your APP for 2 years from the date you bought your first set. so you should probably go have them checked and see if its falls under one of the covered sound issues and if they would replace them for you.

“The program covers affected AirPods Pro for 2 years after the first retail sale of the unit.”

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
this service program covers your APP for 2 years from the date you bought your first set. so you should probably go have them checked and see if its falls under one of the covered sound issues and if they would replace them for you.

“The program covers affected AirPods Pro for 2 years after the first retail sale of the unit.”

OK I just made a Genius Bar reservation at Jewel later on, will head down to get it checked.

gt_5454

Master Member
Reaction score
OK I just made a Genius Bar reservation at Jewel later on, will head down to get it checked.
It really sounds like there is a high percentage of sets with issues, with many choosing to live with them or some are not too particular about the issues

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

It really sounds like there is a high percentage of sets with issues, with many choosing to live with them or some are not too particular about the issues

Ok earlier on went to get my APP checked. The Genius staff did a diagnostics test and seems ok on the casing. After that he went to do an audio test and both sides did detect the crackling noise, so both earbuds replaced. The Genius staff also quoted about the replacement program affecting the APP so I’m covered.

Came back to office, unpaired from my phone and iPad and then re-paired. Now it’s charging, have not tested yet, but already updated to latest firmware.

bodohboy

Reaction score
Got mine replaced as well for 4 times already, all had the same issues of crackling/static sound and reduced ANC. Have to say though, the replacement process is pretty fuss free if you opt for the mail-in option.

After you change your pair, you will realise there’s a night and day difference as compared to your current.

gt_5454

Master Member
Reaction score
Got mine replaced as well for 4 times already, all had the same issues of crackling/static sound and reduced ANC. Have to say though, the replacement process is pretty fuss free if you opt for the mail-in option.

After you change your pair, you will realise there’s a night and day difference as compared to your current.
Really sounds very scary to buy a product which so many of you here have to replace more than 2-3 times. It shows that there could be a design fault actually. I don’t hear such magnitude of problems with the AirPods gen 1 and 2, only the pro seems to have recurring issues

Charlie_Zhan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ok earlier on went to get my APP checked. The Genius staff did a diagnostics test and seems ok on the casing. After that he went to do an audio test and both sides did detect the crackling noise, so both earbuds replaced. The Genius staff also quoted about the replacement program affecting the APP so I’m covered.

Came back to office, unpaired from my phone and iPad and then re-paired. Now it’s charging, have not tested yet, but already updated to latest firmware.
yea they will plug your case to their diagnostic lightning cable-> to test your lightning port.

good that you got them replaced. go try the bass and anc after it’s done charging and feel the difference for yourself.

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yea they will plug your case to their diagnostic lightning cable-> to test your lightning port.

good that you got them replaced. go try the bass and anc after it’s done charging and feel the difference for yourself.

Yes tested them on my way home from work and the sound is indeed better, and the ANC is slightly better.

Now just have to see how long it'll last before the issues surface again. 😂

Ckyong83

Reaction score
Terrible qc definitely not normal to have this sound

Please bring back to shop

jess_sy

Reaction score
given a choice. probably not. will stick to my dac + campfire andromedas combo with the new apple music lossless. i initially bought these APP for convenience and travel use. although i’m not expecting these APPs to match a $1800 wired+dac combo. it shouldn’t make consumers pay such a price for a product that seems to be still in beta phase.

for those who feel that your APP is still working normal. just run the ear fit test, if it fails, go have them replaced. then listen to the new APP’s bass and how the ANC performs. trust me it will probably make yourselves feel like a fool for ignoring this problem and trying to convince yourself to live with it and treat it like there’s nothing wrong. :D
Yup replaced once. The ANC really deteriorates over time.....

Matrock5

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Will try to test it again.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.