Alipay in China

dilphinus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
cannot use??? what happened?

i was nearly going to ask my friend in china to reload my wechat pay :eek:
I used WeChat pay in mid July to pay for something on JD.com. I linked it to my youtrip card.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I used WeChat pay in mid July to pay for something on JD.com. I linked it to my youtrip card.

JD.com and a few other services (Didi? 12306?) may be supported but you are paying through your Youtrip card and not WeChat balance.

It seems to me that I would be allowed to pay for QQ Music VIP renewal with the SG credit card as well, but not the remaining balance.

Do you have Wechat Wallet balance (in RMB) in your account?

Other than JD.com, what other services have you tried?

dilphinus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
JD.com and a few other services (Didi? 12306?) may be supported but you are paying through your Youtrip card and not WeChat balance.

It seems to me that I would be allowed to pay for QQ Music VIP renewal with the SG credit card as well, but not the remaining balance.

Do you have Wechat Wallet balance (in RMB) in your account?

Other than JD.com, what other services have you tried?
JD.com don't support the youtrip card. I tried using the youtrip card to make payment and was unsuccessful. If I can make payment using the youtrip card, why would I bother with the hassle of setting up WeChat pay? The payment went thru only with wechat pay. No balance or top up in WeChat pay. WeChat pay was just linked to the youtrip card..

TheLookingGlass

Master Member
Reaction score
If i want an alipay account which can do online shopping/pay merchants and able to receive and send funds to friends.

Which alipay function to apply? Choose TourPass or verify the normal alipay service?

I do not have china bank account.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
JD.com don't support the youtrip card. I tried using the youtrip card to make payment and was unsuccessful. If I can make payment using the youtrip card, why would I bother with the hassle of setting up WeChat pay? The payment went thru only with wechat pay. No balance or top up in WeChat pay. WeChat pay was just linked to the youtrip card..

Thanks for the clarifications.

The key is that the payment only goes through within the wechat app. And the number of merchants accepting payment within wechat app is limited. But indeed it is already very useful if you can pay JD.com purchase. Thanks for the tip.

Anyway, the other brother is asking about top-up which will go to wechat balance. And my experiences show that the balance may be frozen without real name authentication.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If i want an alipay account which can do online shopping/pay merchants and able to receive and send funds to friends.
Which alipay function to apply? Choose TourPass or verify the normal alipay service?
I do not have china bank account.

Two methods as of now.
1) TourPass, which is officially supported but with limitations like only up to 90 days and subject to service charges

2) 3rd party top-up services which goes to your Alipay Wallet balance, which is not officially supported but seems to still work as of now.

ctliew

Reaction score
there are many carousell seller who can topup AliPay.
i tried 2 of them, very fast transfer, right after i PayNow to them.
can recommend u if u want.
if not, just look for those doing this for a long time and have many good reviews.
Hi. can u pm me the contact? Thanks!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.