[AMA] I am a veterinarian. Ask me anything :D

fallraen

Reaction score
so, i just adopted a rescue cat and she's currently in heat. i'm planning to spay / sterilize her but the vet closest to my home is charging about 400 dollars in total (I think they do bloodwork for felv and fiv). it seems a bit high as Island Vet, has it listed on their site for about 170 dollars. may i know whats the average cost of this procedure in Singapore? Many thanks!

lycans

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I would say that $400 for bloodworks and spey is an absolute bargain. Maybe Island Vet charge $170 for the spay but once you add in everything, it will probably even out

Magickiller9

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Are dried jerky good for cat/dogs? Is there diff between chicken, lamb etc. Thinking of making some instead of buying from stores.

lycans

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Are dried jerky good for cat/dogs? Is there diff between chicken, lamb etc. Thinking of making some instead of buying from stores.
I dont really use jerky as treats as I feel they may be high in salt and preservatives

Whizdom

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi just moved in with my in laws after gotten married recently
wife got 2 cats and they are not litter train at all since young till now. how do I train their cats to litter train?

Sent from EDMWER app!

lycans

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How do the cat typically do their business? You need x+1 litter trays for the cats, where x is the amount of cats in your house. Must experiment with different type of kitty litter to see what they like and make sure its deep enough.

kbwang

Reaction score
Got a 3 month puppy .. teething now... He is eating well. Kibbles soak in milk power with water.. ..But today noticed he drinks not much water..

How much water is consider enough daily ?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.