[AMA] I am a veterinarian. Ask me anything :D

lycans

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
May I know if there is any health report that adopted cats will usually have to prove that they are free of any illness/disease?
No standardized health report....at least not that I have seen. I can do a general check up and blood test to check FIV and FeLV and maybe some other like feline panleukopenia, etc but not much else

appleist

Reaction score
Generally is it normal for the pet rescuer to hide the vet details on the vet report for the adopted cat? What could be the reason for doing that?

lycans

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Generally is it normal for the pet rescuer to hide the vet details on the vet report for the adopted cat? What could be the reason for doing that?
I dunno, if you are that suspicious then dont adopt

circusbugs

Reaction score
Hi Lycans
I have just adopted a Jackabee and this puppy is 2 months old, weighing 3.4kg
Clinic said to wait for a week before bring him for check up and microchip.
Do you think is advisable for me to start him on Nexguard Spectra and Frontline Plus?
I did find a few ticks when I gave him his first shower

lycans

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Lycans
I have just adopted a Jackabee and this puppy is 2 months old, weighing 3.4kg
Clinic said to wait for a week before bring him for check up and microchip.
Do you think is advisable for me to start him on Nexguard Spectra and Frontline Plus?
I did find a few ticks when I gave him his first shower
Well, you answered your own question. You found ticks on your dog, shouldnt you be starting on tick preventatives now? Nexgard Spectra is good enough but if you want extra protection then Frontline Plus as well and get the tick shampoo too. Why clinic say to wait a week?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.