Amazon Kindle Paperwhite Announced!

RocketBunny

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I read on Reddit that Kindle owners have been able to ask the CSO to remove the ads on their Kindle. I’m wondering if anyone manages to get theirs removed?

Yes you're able to all along.
Alot ppl don't know.
No need waste money buy the ver without ads.

Just chat with the Amazon cso

act333

Reaction score
Say that you are overseas and the ads don’t apply and not relevant to you. They will remove

King.Koopa

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
it worked normally on my windows 10. try plugging into usb2.0 port. i think it didn't work on usb 3.0 sometimes. similiar issue for my usb2.0 hdd on usb3.0 port.

Tried USB 2.0 didn't work as well. But strange thing is now my USB 3.0 works and detect the kindle :s22::s22:

netzach

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

upsndowns

Reaction score
Say that you are overseas and the ads don’t apply and not relevant to you. They will remove

Hello, I have a JP kindle set. Any way to get the ADs remove? I tried contacting the US contact center and they say cannot help. :(

EDIT: I have contacted JP CS, and they said no way to remove the special offers due to system design

Last edited:

boink!

Banned
Reaction score
Hello, I have a JP kindle set. Any way to get the ADs remove? I tried contacting the US contact center and they say cannot help.
:(

EDIT: I have contacted JP CS, and they said no way to remove the special offers due to system design

GG man... Better return to seller and ask for US sets only...

JP set can't access USA Kindle store right?

Insatiable_creat

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
3 months only got problem. Stuck in the screen with tree and boy background. Charge cannot, hold power button for 1 min also cannot.......

netzach

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I’m back guys lol. Kena banned from my Edmw trolling activities lol 😂

Anyways, I’ve bought the Oasis set 32gb with leather cover and power adapter from Amazon US & shipped it over from Comgateway cause I fugging bth already lol :s12:

The oasis 32gb with leather cover and power adapter cost around $440 sgd after conversion and the comgateway shipping around $60 usd. Kena chopped at comgateway lol.

I think also cause because I didn’t see clearly cause I declared the cost of the kindle oasis set as $440 usd instead of its cost in usd which is $320 usd like that. Aiya...excited already didn’t see clearly about the item cost declaration Part, I thought it was in sgd so I put $440 lor... but it was in usd... so this part maybe Kena extra tax and gst here and there but knn nvm, it’s done already lol.

Compared with my current PW3, The oasis is damn effing Shiok Lol. Screen resolution is miles apart too, the oasis is the king lol. The reading experience is totally Shiok Shiok song song for the oasis.

You get what you pay for la...the 32gb oasis set without shipping already over $400 whereas the PW3 under $200 can get. So it’s twice the cost obviously.

But they are meant for different purposes obviously.

The PW is meant for mobility and to be carried out and about whereas the Oasis is mainly for home use imho since it’s so much bigger obviously.

But I would not suggest buying the kindle oasis set which includes the power adapter and leather/fabric cover if you’re looking to buy an oasis. Just buy the oasis without the set would be fine. So far didn’t use the power adapter la lol just normal USB micro charging would be fine. And ... the Official leather/fabric amazon kindle oasis cover sugs la tbh... not worth the price that’s for sure... the cover don’t even fully cover the edges of the kindle oasis trust me. You’ll be better off saving the money and buying a few cases and covers that cover the oasis edges fully from AliExpress lol :s12:

netzach

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
And to add on, buying the kindles with the Ads versions and all is fine.

Cause just contact amazon customer service and tell them that the ads are not targeted to you as you’re residing outside the USA and ask them politely to remove the Ads and they’ll do it. Re sync the kindle and the ads are removed lol.

netzach

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
And now, my next aim would be a Voyage lol 😂 cause I love the glass screen of the oasis....and I want to have something similar for traveling lol 😂

But so far the PW serves its purpose well for carrying around and it’s still working damn well lol so no point.

Saving the cash if there’s a new voyage coming up. Which I doubt....

netzach

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
whether anything is expensive or not, it is relative.

you don't get my aim/objective because you are not me and i am not you and we have different preferences and different measures, that is all.

Yes, a Kindle, be it an Oasis or Paperwhite or anything for that matter, is easy to carry around, but I like to use different Kindles for different purposes and it is definitely not expensive to me.

Can?

You are the lame one. :o:o

you don't need to buy an expensive kindle like the previous poster. and i don't get his/her aim for getting a kindle for travelling. isn't kindle already travel worthy? lol. lame.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.