Amazon Kindle Paperwhite Announced!

farmerjlo

Reaction score
any of you have your kindles long enough to see the rubber backs degrading? i had a nook simple touch with the rubber parts turning sticky and so soft i could scrape off using my fingernail. asking cos my ppw3 case is giving way and i’m considering going without the case. but the degraded rubber of my old nook is not something i want a repeat of.

sunshinemou

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any of you have your kindles long enough to see the rubber backs degrading? i had a nook simple touch with the rubber parts turning sticky and so soft i could scrape off using my fingernail. asking cos my ppw3 case is giving way and i’m considering going without the case. but the degraded rubber of my old nook is not something i want a repeat of.

Yet to see my kindle degrading (using it since 2016 iirc). Almost daily usage.

sunshinemou

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello,

anyone can share how u guys convert epub to mobi format?

Have tried with some links but the formatting turn out to be weird.

Thanks.

skinergy

Reaction score

Kindles itself are all fully aluminium, had 3 of it from the kindle keyboard up to the Oasis it's full aluminium bodied. Just change casings when it's gone but if you get premium quality leather should last quite a while

dmullin

Reaction score
hi may i ask what is a good price to buy Oasis/Paperwhite at? looking to get my first kindle haha

skinergy

Reaction score
If have paperwhite with usb type c, price may increase substantially. I find the usual usb is good enough since we all been there done that and alot of cable these days come with the 3 type of ports.

skinergy

Reaction score
hi may i ask what is a good price to buy Oasis/Paperwhite at? looking to get my first kindle haha
Oasis and Paperwhite quite different, Paper white always have pretty good pricing but not Oasis. If you got the money to spend, always go for the best. ie Oasis. Not sure if there's any new models coming out but Im pretty happy with my Voyager and Oasis. Oasis more now as I loaded more books in this one.

eddielimcs

Reaction score
I got my grandfather a kindle from prime day. Is there a way to get NLB books on it?
Kobo can use OverDrive which fetch NLB ebooks. Not so Kindles, perhaps if it is a Kindle Fire, can install or sideload OverDrive apk to sync w NLB ebooks

skpuppy

Master Member
Reaction score
Is it easy to transfer books from PDF to Kobo? Kindle is easy because you can email to a specific email

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.