Amazon Kindle Paperwhite Announced!

grumpyoldotter

Reaction score
I'm hoping for a decent color e-ink device soon. While I am drawn to the Kobo, I am too invested in the Kindle ecosystem (probably gonna regret it if Amazon ever decides to kill Kindle, lol).

v1hypersg

Reaction score
i suggest downloading your books onto your computer for safe keeping and one day, you can just convert it into other formats and you can read them on other e-readers then you wont be affected by all the what ifs

Yod4

Master Member
Reaction score
I have a 6 gen paperwhite bought a long time back in ~2014. Will there be a big difference if i upgrade to the latest gen paperwhite?

blues7

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My only problem with Kobo is that it only syncs with Overdrive App, not the Libby App.
Shoot

was about to say maybe can get KOBo since it can work with overdrive with NLB

but now seems overdrive slowly phaseout? and we need to move to Libby?

libby works with kindle in USA

didn’t know Libby does t work with NLB

and just bought kindle

wasted money because stopped audible Ah subscription because many audio books I want not available in SG

blues7

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Looks like kindle is fine as long as get back on subscription for audible or buy ebooks

Irenicis

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm thinking of getting a Kindle Paperwhite for reading my ebooks (mostly PDFs). Any issues that I should look out for?

Thank you.

King.Koopa

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone the kindle face the same issue always got those small bugs crawling around the bezel ? Looks like super mini termites. Smaller than even 1mm. :unsure: :unsure:

hwsstx

Reaction score
FYI. Received this email from Kindle after using its Send to Kindle service today.

We want to let you know that starting August 2022, you’ll no longer be able to send MOBI (.mobi, .azw) files to your Kindle library. Any MOBI files already in your library will not be affected by this change. MOBI is an older file format and won’t support the newest Kindle features for documents. Any existing MOBI files you want to read with our most up-to-date features for documents will need to be re-sent in a compatible format.

Compatible formats now include EPUB (.epub), which you can send to your library using your Send to Kindle email address. We’ll also be adding EPUB support to the free Kindle app for iOS and Android devices and the Send to Kindle desktop app for PC and Mac.

King.Koopa

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How come my kindle UI suddenly change ar. :unsure: :unsure:

Update: Found out the reason. Apparently got software update. Sian really don't like this new look sia :(

Last edited:

wilflare

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Shoot

was about to say maybe can get KOBo since it can work with overdrive with NLB

but now seems overdrive slowly phaseout? and we need to move to Libby?

libby works with kindle in USA

didn’t know Libby does t work with NLB

and just bought kindle

wasted money because stopped audible Ah subscription because many audio books I want not available in SG

ehhh I was under the impression Kobo works with Libby?

hmm was gonna buy the Oasis... but realised no USB-C :/ ugh

how do you guys share books with your spouse?
do each of you have your own Kindle/Amazon account so the book progress, etc. can be maintained separately?

King.Koopa

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Was compiling all my past kindle purchases in an excel file.

Was really surprised King Killer Chronicle was only 1.00 USD :eek: . Noticed Amazon in the past also used to give kindle book rebates regularly. But now like never receive anymore :(

karenwoods

Reaction score
I’m looking to purchase a kindle to bring on a long plane journey. Can anyone recommend one that I should get? I was told the paperwhite 2021 is good. I’m new to kindle so any advice is welcome. Thanks.

keenklee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I’m looking to purchase a kindle to bring on a long plane journey. Can anyone recommend one that I should get? I was told the paperwhite 2021 is good. I’m new to kindle so any advice is welcome. Thanks.
IMHO.
I am a non-user.
The Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition (32G) is on offer now at Amazon.SG.

KuroI-Kaze

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi kindle experts,

i want to get one for reading mangas. is the kindle a good choice for it?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.