AMD FSR Review! Not bad..

watzup_ken

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This is a great review, and I think the conclusion is to be expected. In the first place, FSR is never meant to compete with DLSS in terms of picture quality. But considering that the picture quality at higher settings is very close to native/ DLSS, I think AMD have a winner here. My expectation has always been that if FSR is 80% of DLSS, I think AMD have succeeded, and I think they did as most reviewers have concluded.

watzup_ken

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any downside to enabling this fsr?

like run hotter?

on budget integrated laptop amd graphics card

honestly I don't really care about graphics and thing is I didn't notice much difference when I on or off it

maybe because I don't know what to look out for but it's not obvious
There will be some overhead, but it will be more than offset by the fact that you are running at a lower resolution. For example, because you are running at 80% of the native resolution the GPU is actually working less, and some of that idle processing power can be used for FSR.

Rogue

Reaction score
It's only meaningful if you are running in 1440p or 4k resolution for performance, more fps so it's smoother. Below that, hardly any difference in using the monitor scaler for resolution like 720p to upscale to 1080p due to lack of pixels information...

For picture quality, I find it's more to do with actual physical screen size (65"+ TV...) or a pedantic need to pause game and look at pixels. Beyond that, it's psychological, either due to marketing brain washing or personal bias.
Some like original (native), some like vibrant colors(Disney colors...) and other love sharp (sharpen filter to the max regardless of artifacts...) lol.

watzup_ken

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It's only meaningful if you are running in 1440p or 4k resolution for performance, more fps so it's smoother. Below that, hardly any difference in using the monitor scaler for resolution like 720p to upscale to 1080p due to lack of pixels information...

For picture quality, I find it's more to do with actual physical screen size (65"+ TV...) or a pedantic need to pause game and look at pixels. Beyond that, it's psychological, either due to marketing brain washing or personal bias.
Some like original (native), some like vibrant colors(Disney colors...) and other love sharp (sharpen filter to the max regardless of artifacts...) lol.
I won't go to say if it is meaningful at a certain resolution. The image quality is certainly better at higher resolution and at either Ultra Quality/ Quality FSR settings. But when you consider that some iGPUs or low end GPUs cannot even make it at 1080p, I think switching on FSR is probably a better approach than dialing down the resolution/ graphic settings to like 720p or low. I may want to give FSR a spin with a Vega 8 iGPU and see how well it fares. For high end cards, I feel there is little need to run FSR unless you need to enable RT.

Gaminator

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

KYZT2021

Reaction score
Now even korean MMO Black desert online also implementing FSR

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.