AMD Ryzen Notebook discussion | Intel or AMD for notebook? AMD Excellent CPU+GPU performance, sharing concurrent models reviews.

DaRRenLieW

Master Member
Reaction score
Yup I send them last week. So take them one week. But you make sure the document you send them correct ! Like the serial number and your invoice lo

Spacecadetk

Reaction score
They'll give 15% off if you sign up with the education store. Do you have kids or relatives who are still schooling? Or teacher friends that have an email account with .edu in it. Can try using your poly/uni email if you still have access.

Bought a Legion 5 yesterday, as it's within budget <2k after discount.
Now have to wait for it to ship. Hope it doesn't really take 6-8 weeks...
I got an education store account but the sales rep say cannot give me more than 10%. Trying to get the Legion 5 Pro or Legion 7 (RTX3070).

Can you kindly share with me the name of the sales rep who processed your order? 🙏

Last edited:

LIN_JOEL

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I got an education store account but the sales rep say cannot give me more than 10%. Trying to get the Legion 5 Pro or Legion 7 (RTX3070).

Can you kindly share with me the name of the sales rep who processed your order? 🙏
I tried asking yesterday too. CS told me no extra discount for non think pad.
Legion only 5% as listed

yusoffb01

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
qoo10 has 5500u laptop for 729. if use 10% off coupon then price is only $657.

coolfire

Reaction score

Me too. I have education account too but only 10%

trenzterra

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Windowlover

Reaction score
I have brought a additional monitor connecting by USB Type C which can transfer data and charging too... However found that if I using with monitor for more than half a day,, this charging also continues... it is OK for laptop battery or it automatically stops... doesn't seem like this :) .

Consider to swtch to HDMI cables, it is worth to get one.

Emeraldstarz

Reaction score

Me too. I have education account too but only 10%

PMed.
I spoke to a few sales reps. They asked me to login to my education account first.

Also tried calling the hotline cos I read some people on Reddit managed to get better discounts via phone. Didn't work for me. Just be careful if you want to check with a few sales reps and they offer to generate a quote to your email address. It seems like once the sales rep generates the quote, the hotline sales rep says they can't override it or attach a new sales rep to you. The 1st person effectively becomes your 'account manager'.

Spacecadetk

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply guys!

One more question, if all things are equal, would you rather go for a higher RAM + 2yr Legion Ultimate Support or lower RAM + 3yr PremiumCare? I'm looking at Legion 5 Pro or Legion 7 (AMD), and it's my first laptop purchase, so could really do with some guidance from the senpais here! :p

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.