AMD Ryzen NB Discussion| Lenovo Thinkpad E495/E595/T495/X395 Well-rounder performance CPU + GPU - Part 2

aLeX84

Reaction score
Hi all,

I repost this here since I'm also considering Legion 5. Would welcome any advice. Thanks!

The reviews on notebookcheck seem to be good - https://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-Legion-5-15ACH6H-82JW0012US.565990.0.html

The 3050Ti version doesn't have a full review though so you have to rely on the review of the Legion model with the 3060 here - https://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenov...ming-laptop-with-a-lot-of-power.559368.0.html

I believe everything should be the same between the 3050Ti and 3060 model except the gfx card. The draw of Legion 5 compared to other mfgs/models on the market to me is their screen with good/acceptable colour accuracy and relatively fast response times (GtG and B/W transition)

Acer Swift X might be a contender to Legion 5 except it doesn't have any in-depth reviews on notebookcheck and no feedback on the quality of the screen so I hesitate to jump lah - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B093TK1PXF?&currencyCode=SGD

dinosaur2776

Master Member
Reaction score
thanks for the tip to call the hotline. after added in the BFCM code and then i called the agent got 95 dollars off on top of the discounted price. finally bought a laptop after 6 years..lol..replace my old hp laptop

njcmaple

Reaction score
Anybody know whether 5650U will be more power consumption in everyday use than 5500U?

Which one u guys recommend? If 5650U is same price or cheaper

huytoan132

Reaction score
Anybody know whether 5650U will be more power consumption in everyday use than 5500U?

Which one u guys recommend? If 5650U is same price or cheaper
5650U is Zen3, 5500U is Zen2, should have similar price. 5650U is significantly faster in simple tasks because of better single core perf & larger L3 cache, even faster than my old 4800H

guile

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thanks for the tip to call the hotline. after added in the BFCM code and then i called the agent got 95 dollars off on top of the discounted price. finally bought a laptop after 6 years..lol..replace my old hp laptop
Nice, did they offer a new code? Or its done on their side?

dinosaur2776

Master Member
Reaction score
Nice, did they offer a new code? Or its done on their side?
Basically u need to create an account. Add ur item into cart. Apply whatever code u want first. Then when u check out there is a cart ID. Tell the operator on the phone the cart Id and they will on their end add a final discount price to your cart

guile

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Basically u need to create an account. Add ur item into cart. Apply whatever code u want first. Then when u check out there is a cart ID. Tell the operator on the phone the cart Id and they will on their end add a final discount price to your cart
Ah, thanks for the tip. So did you apply DEALDAY or the BFCM code?

guile

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

tkl23786

Master Member
Reaction score
Is any expert able to comment on usefulness and issues with 2 gfx cards on SLI???

Edit to add:
Lenovo SG has a Legion 5 with NVIDIA® GeForce® RTX™ 3070 8GB GDDR6 + NVIDIA® GeForce® RTX™ 3070 Ti 8GB GDDR6.

Can SLI work when both gfx cards are not the same?

Last edited:

UchihaSasuke

Reaction score
i think BIRTHDAY code is still better or same as BFCMNOW -_- at least the model that i tried..

can i check, do you all encounter this 'issue' whereby when your laptop is not plug into power, it become slower and your fan stop spinning at high speed, compare to when plug into power and it become faster but fan start spinning like crazy and heating up.

firesong

Master Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Guys, bear in mind that Lenovo codes differ from product to product. You will need to try multiple codes to get the best deal.

Some are discounts on discounted prices. Some are discounts on absolute non-discounted prices. Some stack, and others don't.

Hence, one code is not a master discount unlocker. You'll have to try a few as they differ across product classes - even specific products work differently with codes.

Always call (telephone, not chat) the Sales assistant and ask for the best deals. ;) And remember to get and share the agent's referral code, so he can at least benefit from helping you - pay it forward.

guile

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Guys, bear in mind that Lenovo codes differ from product to product. You will need to try multiple codes to get the best deal.

Some are discounts on discounted prices. Some are discounts on absolute non-discounted prices. Some stack, and others don't.

Hence, one code is not a master discount unlocker. You'll have to try a few as they differ across product classes - even specific products work differently with codes.

Always call (telephone, not chat) the Sales assistant and ask for the best deals. ;) And remember to get and share the agent's referral code, so he can at least benefit from helping you - pay it forward.
The agent I got on the phone only gave the same DEALDAY promo. Same price. Anyone got better agent?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.