AMD Ryzen Notebook discussion | Intel or AMD for notebook? AMD Excellent CPU+GPU performance, sharing concurrent models reviews.

Lex1989

Banned
Reaction score
i think BIRTHDAY code is still better or same as BFCMNOW -_- at least the model that i tried..

can i check, do you all encounter this 'issue' whereby when your laptop is not plug into power, it become slower and your fan stop spinning at high speed, compare to when plug into power and it become faster but fan start spinning like crazy and heating up.

Guys, bear in mind that Lenovo codes differ from product to product. You will need to try multiple codes to get the best deal.

Some are discounts on discounted prices. Some are discounts on absolute non-discounted prices. Some stack, and others don't.

Hence, one code is not a master discount unlocker. You'll have to try a few as they differ across product classes - even specific products work differently with codes.

Always call (telephone, not chat) the Sales assistant and ask for the best deals. ;) And remember to get and share the agent's referral code, so he can at least benefit from helping you - pay it forward.

Like that damn messy, hate to try out the codes and look for product.

They have same product same spec but listed differently, how to compare? Take ages.

And sometimes its confusing.

Spec all same, just 16 ram vs 32 ram.

But 32 ram cheaper, 16 ram more expensive.

Later input code here and there and compare, really is DNS.

tkl23786

Master Member
Reaction score
Bite the bullet...... saw that Shopee has a flash sale for Legion 5 Pro, RTX 3070

I topped up the RAM and storage to 32GB and 2TB respectively

Lex1989

Banned
Reaction score
Bite the bullet...... saw that Shopee has a flash sale for Legion 5 Pro, RTX 3070

I topped up the RAM and storage to 32GB and 2TB respectively

I cancelled my order in June for this very model. Cost only S$2300.00

Hope i didnt make you sad. Let me GPGT? lol

SpecialKeyboardService

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Guys, bear in mind that Lenovo codes differ from product to product. You will need to try multiple codes to get the best deal.

Some are discounts on discounted prices. Some are discounts on absolute non-discounted prices. Some stack, and others don't.

Hence, one code is not a master discount unlocker. You'll have to try a few as they differ across product classes - even specific products work differently with codes.

Always call (telephone, not chat) the Sales assistant and ask for the best deals. ;) And remember to get and share the agent's referral code, so he can at least benefit from helping you - pay it forward.
For those buying amd legion or thinkpad or thinkbook

Please try all possible multiple codes......
Earlier thread someone posted all the possible codes...........

Check this thread in mid Aug.........

UchihaSasuke

Reaction score
  • Processor: 11th Generation Intel® Core™ i5-1135G7 Processor (4 Cores / 8 Threads, 2.40 GHz, up to 4.20 GHz with Turbo Boost, 8 MB Cache)
  • Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64
  • Display Type: 15.6" FHD (1920x1080) TN 220nits Anti-glare
  • Memory: 4 GB Soldered DDR4 2933MHz + 4 GB SO-DIMM DDR4 2933MHz
  • Hard Drive: 512 GB M.2 2242 SSD
  • Optical Drive: Slim Ultrabay DVD-ROM
  • Warranty: 2 Year Premium Care
  • AC Adapter: 65W
  • Graphics: Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics
  • Second Hard Drive: None
  • Battery: 3 Cell, 36Wh
  • Bluetooth: Bluetooth® 5.0 or above
  • Camera: 0.3MP with PrivacyShutter
  • Fingerprint Reader: No Fingerprint Reader
  • Keyboard: Non-Backlit, English
  • Pointing Device: ClickPad
  • Wireless: Realtek 8822CE 11AC (2x2) & Bluetooth® 5.0
  • 2Y Premium Care -IPENTRY (ESS)
is this good for 799?

whatheheck

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For that price you better make sure they give you Intel and not MediaTek for the wireless card. The difference in speed is night and day.

But now all description just put wifi 6 11AX. Is different right?

behling

Reaction score
Bought a L5 Pro recently and I also got the Realtek wifi card despite my order confirmation specifically listing the Intel AX200.

Submitted a request to replace the card back to Intel which got ignored for almost 2 weeks, until I threatened them with "nuclear" option of credit card chargeback for full refund of the entire set. They finally offered a 7% partial refund as compensation for the undisclosed change.
(This is in addition to a 5% partial refund I got earlier for the long delay in my shipment)

All in all it's been quite a messy first-time experience dealing with Lenovo directly, but at least I got a 12% discount out of it :cautious:.

Anyway, I'll be getting an AX210 card from Lazada and install it myself.
Crossing my fingers that I won't have to deal with the abysmal Lenovo support again for the next couple of years.
I have order a legion 5. In my email is stated
● Wireless: Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 11AX (2x2) & Bluetooth® 5.1
However when i login to Lenovo order history clicking on configurations details

Wireless: Wi-Fi 6 11AX (2x2) & Bluetooth® 5.1

When I ordered on the website it was listed as intel WiFi as well.
It’s arriving on 6 December. Who wants to bet it will be Realtek?

ksrokiller

Master Member
Reaction score
I have order a legion 5. In my email is stated
● Wireless: Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 11AX (2x2) & Bluetooth® 5.1
However when i login to Lenovo order history clicking on configurations details

Wireless: Wi-Fi 6 11AX (2x2) & Bluetooth® 5.1

When I ordered on the website it was listed as intel WiFi as well.
It’s arriving on 6 December. Who wants to bet it will be Realtek?
Likely is Realtek or Mediatek, Just received mine legion 5 pro yesterday it's installed with Mediatek,but order email showing intel

Last edited:

behling

Reaction score
Likely is Realtek or Mediatek, Just received mine legion 5 pro yesterday it's installed with Mediatek,but order email showing intel
So how now? Kpkb and get them to replace with intel? Or just accept their Realtek?

another question. How’s the bloatware on the legion 5. Does it warrant a clean install of windows 10

flowerpalms

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So how now? Kpkb and get them to replace with intel? Or just accept their Realtek?

another question. How’s the bloatware on the legion 5. Does it warrant a clean install of windows 10
They wont replace one lah. At most refund you some money. In the end you also have to llst and accept.

flowerpalms

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You realise that when they do this they are charging you the price for intel?

They can get sued since its not a one off case. File a case to CASE according to Consumer protection fair trading act (CPFTA)

Last edited:

behling

Reaction score
You realise that when they do this they are charging you the price for intel?

They can get sued since its not a one off case. File a case to CASE according to Consumer protection fair trading act (CPFTA)

Going to do that
print out all the HWZ comments.
Print out their screen shot of item listed as intel wifi
Print out my invoice stating intel WiFi
Print out my saved quotes from Lenovo with representative name clearly informing me its intel and not something else when question before purchase

SpecialKeyboardService

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
  • Processor: 11th Generation Intel® Core™ i5-1135G7 Processor (4 Cores / 8 Threads, 2.40 GHz, up to 4.20 GHz with Turbo Boost, 8 MB Cache)
  • Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64
  • Display Type: 15.6" FHD (1920x1080) TN 220nits Anti-glare
  • Memory: 4 GB Soldered DDR4 2933MHz + 4 GB SO-DIMM DDR4 2933MHz
  • Hard Drive: 512 GB M.2 2242 SSD
  • Optical Drive: Slim Ultrabay DVD-ROM
  • Warranty: 2 Year Premium Care
  • AC Adapter: 65W
  • Graphics: Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics
  • Second Hard Drive: None
  • Battery: 3 Cell, 36Wh
  • Bluetooth: Bluetooth® 5.0 or above
  • Camera: 0.3MP with PrivacyShutter
  • Fingerprint Reader: No Fingerprint Reader
  • Keyboard: Non-Backlit, English
  • Pointing Device: ClickPad
  • Wireless: Realtek 8822CE 11AC (2x2) & Bluetooth® 5.0
  • 2Y Premium Care -IPENTRY (ESS)
is this good for 799?
TN screen
bad battery....
Ac card

thinkpad E series or L or thinkbook gen 3 15 is better?

flowerpalms

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think its just dumb to refund you some money and leave you the laptop without intel wifi card

flowerpalms

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
They keep doing this because nobody complain them to authority. And its not like refund alrdy settle. What they stated black and white and claimed is different from what was delivered. This already a trade offence by law. Furthermore, its not a one off case especially so if you made ur purchase decision by the intel wifi card as a factor.

s016

Reaction score
I ordered a legion 5 pro on 26th nov and the email states intel WiFi 6 as well. Will update when I received. By the way, how accurate is their shipping estimate? They said will ship within 4 weeks on the website.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.