AMD Ryzen Notebook discussion | Intel or AMD for notebook? AMD Excellent CPU+GPU performance, sharing concurrent models reviews.

halocast

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
oh how come u give a shock face? I was calculating the desktop rig price and the laptop price.

with the limited stock and high price of GFX card.. my next rig will need around 3k at least for a Ryzen 7 setup.

and since i don't really game that much.. i think it's good enough to spend 1.8k to tech refresh my rig.

Hopefully after selling my existing rig, i will probably get back around 500-$700.

haha put the wrong face :o yea it make sense.

coolfire

Reaction score
Those who missed out the legion 5 pro

It is out of stock now. Lenovo SG estimate to restock next month. However they do not have exact date when it will be available

Posted from PCWX using A simple life, not a simple thing 🙏🏻
Hopefully can customise by then

Posted from PCWX using LIO-L29

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What Lenovo can improve on:

I also wish Lenovo had included something else in addition here, like a Thunderbolt 3 port, to make the jump up more rewarding.

That will be Intel if want TBT3 or TBT4

AMD variant will be USB-C 3.2 which supports certain TBT3 features

Mclairs83

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hopefully can customise by then

Just buy ur own ram and ssd and do ur own swap lor.

I probably intend to buy 16gb x2 and 2tb nvme ssd once I open up the internal

Posted from PCWX using iPhone12,5

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just buy ur own ram and ssd and do ur own swap lor.

I probably intend to buy 16gb x2 and 2tb nvme ssd once I open up the internal

Posted from PCWX using iPhone12,5

Gonna wait for june sale, 11.11, BFCM and Amazon prime day... see got price drop or not

DaRRenLieW

Master Member
Reaction score
Btw been 10 year since i last got a new lappy . Is it ok to use daily with power plug on ? Or is thete some charging procedure

Sent from Samsung S21U [E][X][Y][N][O] using GAGT

iduncheckmail

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Btw been 10 year since i last got a new lappy . Is it ok to use daily with power plug on ? Or is thete some charging procedure

Sent from Samsung S21U [E][X][Y][N][O] using GAGT

New laptops will have a power setting function to stop charging at 50% when plugged to power for extended periods .

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
New laptops will have a power setting function to stop charging at 50% when plugged to power for extended periods .

Yeap :) if i am WFH, i will set it to 50% or 75%

But if I am working in office, i always charge it to 100% cuz I always move about to conduct Zoom skype etc

DaRRenLieW

Master Member
Reaction score

Ok thanks ! Later I go and play with it once the laptop arrive. Cause I will be 100% on plug so I set it at 50% ?

Sent from Samsung Note20U [SD]™ using GAGT

coolfire

Reaction score
Ok thanks ! Later I go and play with it once the laptop arrive. Cause I will be 100% on plug so I set it at 50% ?

Sent from Samsung Note20U [SD]™ using GAGT
I think in the Lenovo Vantage program, there is an option to select to set it to stop the charging when plugged in, and to keep it at 50-60% charged. My ancient G40-70 model has this too lol

Mclairs83

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
arrived liao.

wtaJs47.png

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.