AMD Ryzen Notebook discussion | Intel or AMD for notebook? AMD Excellent CPU+GPU performance, sharing concurrent models reviews.

stone1978

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions but I am quite old fashioned when it comes to warranties. I normally ensure that the laptop comes with 3 year warranty before buying.

Share with you all, I acutally had the Legion 5 Pro in my cart with the 30% discount code applied and although the price was really good, i convinced myself that I didn't need the 3070 GPU since I don't game and decided to see if i could find anything else for less.

Kicking myself now!!.:s13:

Franking speaking I think like you too and I got ps5 already so pc gaming was secondary to me but the price of 1.8k made me throw in the towel immediately. Glad to have it now and thanks to all brothers here that remained
Recommended it.

stone1978

Reaction score
I remembered before I check on this hwz forum I only watched few YouTube videos to check on graphic cards and not even sure this RTX 3070 is one of the latest.

Then I checked on Lazada and shopee then know how expensive those RTX 3000 series gaming laptops cost. In fact the price turned me off. Lol

flowerpalms

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I remembered before I check on this hwz forum I only watched few YouTube videos to check on graphic cards and not even sure this RTX 3070 is one of the latest.
Then I checked on Lazada and shopee then know how expensive those RTX 3000 series gaming laptops cost. In fact the price turned me off. Lol
Ya but $2699 is still Lenovo's official price...same as their Lazada store and Atrix
If we dont talk abt the code

Posted from PCWX using A simple life, not a simple thing 🙏🏻

Last edited:

nuts

Reaction score
You said you wanted a Ryzen 7 5000 processor and a 17 inch screen as your main criteria.

The Legion 5 Pro doesn't have a 17 inch screen.

So, what exactly is your criteria?

The offer was so good I was willing to give up that 1 inch screen real estate. But yes, 17 inch would be good.

nuts

Reaction score
Ya but $2699 is still Lenovo's official price...same as their Lazada store and Atrix
If we dont talk abt the code

Posted from PCWX using A simple life, not a simple thing 🙏🏻

Even at stock price 2699, it's a pretty good deal. Similarly specced units from other laptop brands are easily in the 3.x K range.

Hopefully another good promo with 2-3 days shipping will be released soon.

halocast

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions but I am quite old fashioned when it comes to warranties. I normally ensure that the laptop comes with 3 year warranty before buying.

Share with you all, I acutally had the Legion 5 Pro in my cart with the 30% discount code applied and although the price was really good, i convinced myself that I didn't need the 3070 GPU since I don't game and decided to see if i could find anything else for less.

Kicking myself now!!.:s13:

wha wasted.... this kind of deal no need think so much de just whack liao.

cause its 30 percent off a new model :s22: :s22:

Last edited:

halocast

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The offer was so good I was willing to give up that 1 inch screen real estate. But yes, 17 inch would be good.

You can always hook up your laptop to your TV lolx

That’s what i do

LIN_JOEL

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wha wasted.... this kind of deal no need think so much de just whack liao.

cause its 30 percent off a new model :s22: :s22:

Cos not all follow the latest or know the price for the specs?

Like me, I got it @22% Off with 3% Shopback and 1.6% CC rebates.
After Ordered I'm wondering do I really need it cos I don't game :s13:

halocast

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Cos not all follow the latest or know the price for the specs?

Like me, I got it @22% Off with 3% Shopback and 1.6% CC rebates.
After Ordered I'm wondering do I really need it cos I don't game :s13:

:o must watch the thread here... :s13:

that's still good savings! :s12:

halocast

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ok lah... my legion 5 is just 200g lighter than 5 pro lolx

Doesnt really make much a differences XD

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.