AMD Ryzen Notebook discussion | Intel or AMD for notebook? AMD Excellent CPU+GPU performance, sharing concurrent models reviews.

SpecialKeyboardService

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think it's the other way around. Using numbers in brand name is smart. It indicates whether the product line up is low/mid/high end already

Intel Core i3 --> i5 --> i7
Ryzen 3 --> 5 --> 7
RTX 3060 --> 3070 --> 3080
Legion 5 --> 7

Look at Asus, who knows what's the difference between Zephyrus vs ROG? or MSI even worse, what's the heck is GL/GP/GE/GS laptops :s11:

7i 5i came because Intel used to be a de facto choice of mobile processor last 20 years. Now the tide has turned & the default choice is AMD, i minor indicate Intel version.

5P is predecessor of 5 Pro, now no more. If there's Intel version for 5 Pro, it should be 5i Pro
Moi friend bought intel cos got thunderbolt 4/usb 4.
If want to wait again...., Ryzen 6000/7000 will have usb 4 bah..... But can see amd giving intel face.........

firesong

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Is it guaranteed you'll get a replacement tho? I was under the impression these battery warranties only cover faulty batteries, and the bar for "faulty" is pretty high.
Higher chance of success with premium care. In any case, after almost 3y of use, wear and tear is expected. Just check around office laptops after 1-2y of use, and you'll see they are typically below 80% that is generally accepted as the tolerance threshold. I've seen a 2yo T470s that had a 72% battery.

As outlined above, batteries will fail over time with or without use due to its nature as a chemical compound.

Edit: a 26 month old laptop, 75% health.

Last edited:

stone1978

Reaction score
Higher chance of success with premium care. In any case, after almost 3y of use, wear and tear is expected. Just check around office laptops after 1-2y of use, and you'll see they are typically below 80% that is generally accepted as the tolerance threshold. I've seen a 2yo T470s that had a 72% battery.

As outlined above, batteries will fail over time with or without use due to its nature as a chemical compound.
I saw this in Lenovo website
Sealed Battery (SB)
2 Years
22 months remaining
SG$84.53

Obtain a single battery replacement for any covered battery that fails to meet minimum performance standards.

firesong

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I saw this in Lenovo website
Sealed Battery (SB)
2 Years
22 months remaining
SG$84.53

Obtain a single battery replacement for any covered battery that fails to meet minimum performance standards.
Lenovo's warranties are cheapest and discounted at time of purchase only. Aftersales upgrades are not discounted, nor do they have promotions. So far, I've been monitoring but they also don't seem to drop. :( I called in to ask if I could use promo codes for them, but was told they do not apply to aftersales upgrades, only point of sales purchases.

Also, the rates I got were Black Friday rates. IMO the cheapest cos it's not just the laptops that were discounted, but all the addons too. Even the Lenovo Performance suite was like $29 for 4 years at point of purchase, but I decided against it.

$85 seems a bit close to aftermarket rates, so I personally would not consider it.

stone1978

Reaction score
Lenovo's warranties are cheapest and discounted at time of purchase only. Aftersales upgrades are not discounted, nor do they have promotions. So far, I've been monitoring but they also don't seem to drop. :( I called in to ask if I could use promo codes for them, but was told they do not apply to aftersales upgrades, only point of sales purchases.

Also, the rates I got were Black Friday rates. IMO the cheapest cos it's not just the laptops that were discounted, but all the addons too. Even the Lenovo Performance suite was like $29 for 4 years at point of purchase, but I decided against it.

$85 seems a bit close to aftermarket rates, so I personally would not consider it.
Ok noted with thanks

plutovirgo

Reaction score
Hmm. I just used CrystalDiskInfo to check mine.

Total Host Reads: 577GB
Total Host Writes: 666GB

Not as crazy as yours but certainly there was some factory level checks.
Hope this helps.
Hi, is this normal? i just got my lenovo laptop and crystaldiskinfo shows similar values as you above.

CeSaRiO

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Was reading through this weekend and 3070 Legion 5 seems to be the best bang for bucks.

The lowest i've seen on shopee was around 2.6k. Resisting temptation.........

flowerpalms

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Was reading through this weekend and 3070 Legion 5 seems to be the best bang for bucks.

The lowest i've seen on shopee was around 2.6k. Resisting temptation.........
That one still on preorder no ready stock

Spacecadetk

Reaction score
Amazon.sg had pretty good deals. Bought Micron 32GB kit (2x16GB 3200) for $160-ish the last Black Friday.

As for warranty, it's insurance - good to have when you need it, you hope you don't cash in on it, and you'd hate to pay exorbitantly as you lack it when things go bad. The way laptop QC is going these days, nothing less than 3y of warranty imo for laptops costing more than 1.5k. From a cost perspective, it spreads the cost for the laptop across 3y or more , which is a decent ROI.
Thank you so much for explaning this to me! Totally forgot abt Black Friday! I reckon it's better to be well-insured rather than having bigger RAM (for now) and RGB lights 🤗

stone1978

Reaction score

CeSaRiO

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Emeraldstarz

Reaction score
Legion 7 RTX 3080 back in stock on Lenovo website.
In case anyone interested.

Most L5Pro and all 2021 L5 still show "Call 800-601-1481 for availability" though.
Wonder if they are waiting for new shipment of Ryzen processors, GPU or some other part.

teZAjoA.png

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.