AMD Ryzen Notebook discussion | Intel or AMD for notebook? AMD Excellent CPU+GPU performance, sharing concurrent models reviews.

JepH10

Reaction score
Do you think this is a good buy at 1299? Ideapad gaming 3 - R5 5600h with rtx 3050d and 8gb ram. The letdown is the 60hz screen. 8gb ram could be upgraded later.

I could not post url but it is in lenovo site.

Kairos

Reaction score

Also something worth mentioning. Was just looking at M1 macbook. Their scores was around 6xx. Quite an amazing feat considering the amount of power draw was just a fraction of any AMD 5xxxH series.

When M1X arrives, you can sell away your YSP. :cool:

Kairos

Reaction score
yeah its me with the realtek cards. i could easily swap out the card with an intel one but decided to try going with the technical support route since ive got the premium care warranty. they have arranged an onsite engineer to drop by to take a look/replace card. will update again!

Evening!

Any update from Lenovo Engineer?

KeytoFreedom

Master Member
Reaction score
Do you think this is a good buy at 1299? Ideapad gaming 3 - R5 5600h with rtx 3050d and 8gb ram. The letdown is the 60hz screen. 8gb ram could be upgraded later.
if you don't play much games , 60Hz is ok. otherwise for good gaming experience, you need higher refresh rates

Read HWZ Forum Rules!

GolferZzAxis

Reaction score

Depends on the type of games you want to play. Its definitely fine for esports/MMOs like Overwatch, CS GO, World of Warcraft. But if you want to play AAA games at max settings like Cyberpunk or AC Valhalla forget about it, the RTX3050 will struggle at 30-40+ fps. imo you should try to go for at least a RTX3060 for longevity, especially in a laptop since you can't upgrade your GPU.

And also if you don't carry around your laptop and just treat it like a desktop at home and hook it up to an external monitor then the Ideapad Gaming isn't that bad. The battery is absolutely junk though - its only 48Whrs, you pretty much won't last beyond 2-3 hours unplugged from the power outlet.

royfrosty

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
HyperGaN 100w on flash sales. Wanted to get already but after i realised they did not support PD PPS i decided to give it a miss.

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
HyperGaN 100w on flash sales. Wanted to get already but after i realised they did not support PD PPS i decided to give it a miss.
I actually don't think it is a good deal. Considering that I managed to get the Prolink 120W (max 100W with 1 Type C charging) PD PPS GAN charger for 69.90, this HyperGaN 100W don't look that attractive to me.

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Screen wise, I think it goes well with the GPU that is paired. The RTX 3050 is not going to provide you with very high FPS for modern AAA titles even at 1080p, so I don't think you will miss the high refresh rate screen.

Lex1989

Banned
Reaction score
Checked today, estimated shipping/deliver - no date.

Probably gonna get cancelled? :o

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just checked the ship out dates is missing
I don't know man. If they told me to wait from now till Feb 2022, I would have cancelled the order myself since that is a 6 months wait. They may bring the dates forward at some point, but it depends on the situation.

flowerpalms

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I don't know man. If they told me to wait from now till Feb 2022, I would have cancelled the order myself since that is a 6 months wait. They may bring the dates forward at some point, but it depends on the situation.
Thats why if you order online, theres always benefit of doubt. The dates can change anytime. Who knows, if you cancel , the next day they bring forward the dates

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.