AMD Ryzen Notebook discussion | Intel or AMD for notebook? AMD Excellent CPU+GPU performance, sharing concurrent models reviews.

ksrokiller

Master Member
Reaction score
I don't know man. If they told me to wait from now till Feb 2022, I would have cancelled the order myself since that is a 6 months wait. They may bring the dates forward at some point, but it depends on the situation.
Hope it does not get cancelled

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There's shortage of RTX 3070 mobile gpu hence the very long lead time.
Quite odd. The mobile RTX 3070 is based on the GA104 chip, which we can see RTX 3060 Ti, 3070 and 3070 Ti desktop versions, all available, though at a higher price. I wonder is it because theyy are also transitioning the mobile Ampere to LHR versions, so causing disruption to supply. When Nvidia was transitioning the entire RTX 3000 series to LHR, I recall barely seeing any GPUs, other than those super overpriced ones.

Vulpix

Reaction score
Does Lenovo have any 5600U laptop on sale that doesn't require waiting an eternity for it?

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Does Lenovo have any 5600U laptop on sale that doesn't require waiting an eternity for it?
I think the answer is yes, but you can't buy it from Lenovo's site since it is a build to order system, in other words, they may not have ready stock.

yusoffb01

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My workplace bought a bunch of thinkbook 14. feels more premium than thinkpad e14 gen 2. didnt know lightweight metal thinkpads exists in the form of thinkbook. the ips screen is bright and looks good too

firesong

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
My workplace bought a bunch of thinkbook 14. feels more premium than thinkpad e14 gen 2. didnt know lightweight metal thinkpads exists in the form of thinkbook. the ips screen is bright and looks good too
Yeah. It's a "professional Yoga". I like some elements of the Thinkbook, and the modern look is a refreshing change. In fact, they have better screens than the Thinkpad, and that is a pretty good plus.

Am not sure about longevity though. Only time will tell whether they can last the typical 7-10 years Thinkpads are known to do.

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thinkbook is the higher end model, as compared to the Thinkpad. The E series is the entry model if I am not mistaken. Generally the laptops sold to corporates tend to be of better build since they are not cheap to begin with. The bulk of the cost goes to the warranty if I am not mistaken.

firesong

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Thinkbook is the higher end model, as compared to the Thinkpad. The E series is the entry model if I am not mistaken. Generally the laptops sold to corporates tend to be of better build since they are not cheap to begin with. The bulk of the cost goes to the warranty if I am not mistaken.
I'm not sure if "higher end" qualifies it. The X1 series is under the Thinkpad umbrella too, along with their X and Ts (not T) series.

Encrypted11

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thinkbook is just a Ideapad / Yoga body with a Think logo slapped on. It may have similar pro model extended driver support, but I don’t think there’s vPro or strong Linux compatibility like a real ThinkPad or long term FRU/CRU/part availability.

Not sure how Lenovo is positioning it, but the company had a long term issue of copying bad designs from Apple and placing them on ThinkPads since they wanted to woo the Macbook customer base especially over the past 5 years or so. The reality is people who bought Macbooks won’t even have ThinkPads on their mind. 16.9 screens on ThinkPads when people running T and X series are mainly running spreadsheets rather than watching videos.

ThinkBook series finally addresses Lenovo’s bad habit of wooing Macbook customers with ThinkPad design changes since this product line is mostly about copy Apple, looking Apple while having some Pro vibe. I’m happy the ThinkPad line is now left alone for its intended market.

huytoan132

Reaction score
Thinkbook build quality is a big question mark, at best they're on par with T/Ts series only.
Their entry models are the 14,15 (without S prefix), S models (13s, 14s) are Yoga/Ideapad clone, while P models (14p, 16p) are just a combination of Yoga/Ideapad & Legion (thinkbook 16p actually have the same cooling design as Legion 7 slim)

plutovirgo

Reaction score
I'm not sure if "higher end" qualifies it. The X1 series is under the Thinkpad umbrella too, along with their X and Ts (not T) series.
Now thinkbook also has an X series, the Thinkbook 13x, it's also more expensive than the Thinpad X1 nano.

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ah, I correct myself. I really mean to say that ThinkPad E series is an entry level model. I think by splitting that into 2 sentences, the message came out wrong. My apologies and thank you for pointing out.

Anyway, ThinkBook or ThinkPad, I believe they should have different tiers anyway. Just like you pointed out, ThinkPad have the X series which is actually a high end model.

yusoffb01

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
a thinkbook can be cheaper than thinkpad e
AGEHCCB.jpg

qHtHfq0.jpg

huytoan132

Reaction score
Thinkad E sucks because of single HDMI 1.4 in 2021...advantage is great battery life. Suggest you go L14 or Thinkbook if looking for budget laptop. All are budget models anyway.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.