AMD Ryzen Notebook discussion | Intel or AMD for notebook? AMD Excellent CPU+GPU performance, sharing concurrent models reviews.

banana10

Reaction score
Prices are getting crazy. Been checking on the X1C9 from the LenovoPro account from September.
There was a 26% ($1000-ish) price increase towards the end of the first week and still at that price till now.

KYOGRE

Reaction score
Prices are getting crazy. Been checking on the X1C9 from the LenovoPro account from September.
There was a 26% ($1000-ish) price increase towards the end of the first week and still at that price till now.
Heard from CS rep that prices are subjected to changes daily, personally seen the Legion 7 prebuilts underwent 3 rounds of price increases(about $800 more) before it got removed altogether. Beside the usual laptop components prices hike, read that the shipping cost in china jumped tremendously.

SpecialKeyboardService

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I heard china ran out of power to run their production due to lack of coal......

My thinkpad t14 gen 2 order 5aug changed from 15oct shipped to November 30 shipped........

What is alternative that are similar to t14 amd gen 2

NightRaven49

Master Member
Reaction score
whats the waiting time for most people after placing order? should i order a model now and hope it arrives around xmas or wait for holiday pricing?

KYOGRE

Reaction score
whats the waiting time for most people after placing order? should i order a model now and hope it arrives around xmas or wait for holiday pricing?
Which models? Sharing my recent order details: Stingray L5P BTO(AMD) Order 19 sept, shipped 30 sept & arriving tomorrow. Laptop with RTX 3070 has way longer lead time of 12 weeks min. Someone i knew have a Legion 7 RTX 3070 ordered in june and just received last week.

huytoan132

Reaction score
Which models? Sharing my recent order details: Stingray L5P BTO(AMD) Order 19 sept, shipped 30 sept & arriving tomorrow. Laptop with RTX 3070 has way longer lead time of 12 weeks min. Someone i knew have a Legion 7 RTX 3070 ordered in june and just received last week.
What, you ordered BTO one & It only took 2 weeks to arrive :s14: ? Interesting, but the prebuilt ones are usually cheaper?

KYOGRE

Reaction score
What, you ordered BTO one & It only took 2 weeks to arrive :s14: ? Interesting, but the prebuilt ones are usually cheaper?
Prebuilts don't have Stingray amd only intel. perhaps the fast turnaround time maybe due to my bto is the basic and minimally spec'd as I planning to upgrade it with better ram kit & ssd.

huytoan132

Reaction score
Prebuilts don't have Stingray amd only intel. perhaps the fast turnaround time maybe due to my bto is the basic and minimally spec'd as I planning to upgrade it with better ram kit & ssd.
thanks for sharing, Intel variant is so much more expensive, I get it because of TB4 & PCIe 4.0 SSD, but putting it inside normal Legion 5 make price bump to 2k with RTX 3050Ti only, so funny how Lenovo comes up with those SKUs
https://www.lenovo.com/sg/en/laptops/legion/legion-5-series/Legion-5i-Gen-6-15''-Intel/p/LEN101G0001
BTW, please share to us after few months of usage, wondering how long the beautiful white color could last :love:

KYOGRE

Reaction score
thanks for sharing, Intel variant is so much more expensive, I get it because of TB4 & PCIe 4.0 SSD, but putting it inside normal Legion 5 make price bump to 2k with RTX 3050Ti only, so funny how Lenovo comes up with those SKUs
https://www.lenovo.com/sg/en/laptops/legion/legion-5-series/Legion-5i-Gen-6-15''-Intel/p/LEN101G0001
BTW, please share to us after few months of usage, wondering how long the beautiful white color could last :love:
Initially wanted to buy intel version but not worth it when Intel 12th Gen Alder Lake just around the corner.

huytoan132

Reaction score
Initially wanted to buy intel version but not worth it when Intel 12th Gen Alder Lake just around the corner.
I think Q1 2022 we also have Zen3+ Rembrandt for laptop too, this year mobile parts are too short-lived due to supply chain issue lol

Vegitto

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
looking at the t14s gen2 or the thinkbook 13s gen3, but the latter oos unfortunately. both bto, both said at least 8 weeks.
btw anyone bought thinkbook before? hows the user experience?
I'll let you know after i get my unit in Dec :(

villan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
guys - seems like Legion is a popular laptop. which version is recommended? 5/5i/5pro...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.