AMD Ryzen Notebook discussion | Intel or AMD for notebook? AMD Excellent CPU+GPU performance, sharing concurrent models reviews.

huytoan132

Reaction score
They called these model as WarX & ZhanX in China. Compared to Yoga, this EliteBook has slight better build quality & have expandable RAM. In comparison, Yoga has much better thermal performance & local warranty.
I have many friends using last year model (HP Elitebook 835 G7 R7 4750U), all report USB-C charger compatibility issues, hopefully it got fixed this year.

L8PpleQ.jpg

Last edited:

ozy615

Reaction score
oh yeah I found his listing on carou yesterday too. it's a very fair price and not much different from if I am procuring it myself. the listing does mention 6-9 working days lead time, which is reasonable. it seems like he also does pre order for other laptops series too, like the acer swift x (1.5 for 5800u + 3050) for way cheaper than local prices too, only thing is warranty is not guaranteed depending on manufacturer policy.
Looks like Aero can have sim card also?

Vegitto

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Heads up to those looking to buy and customise,

If you don't mind using windows 11, choose it as your operating system, can shave off between $10 to $80(depending on home/pro) compared to windows 10

jaxel80

Reaction score
IIRC this feb, now no longer 30%. Also I believed the 30% discount was erroneously enabled across all products by the web dev.
Thks for the reply Bro.....i wait to see if there is any promo for Black Friday....heard las yr there was a gd coupon during tat time

Vegitto

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah, my thinkbook eta shipping date pushed forward from 30th Nov to 25th Oct liao :s12::s12:

PLS PLS PLS PLS PLS keep to this date and actually ship out on the 25th

huytoan132

Reaction score
What are the parts that are delayed ah?

Moi know tsmc manufacturing and 6000series Rembrandt CPU for laptop and desktop chips now leh, they potong jalang those Ryzen 5000 series le
Confirm it comes with 3D-VCache or not? DDR5 is not a big deal to me, DDR4 RAM price is still relatively high compared to last year anyway.
Hopefully RDNA 2 iGPU will be able to beat Intel Iris graphics, man it's been years but drivers for Vega iGPU still sucks, We got BSOD every time we do BIOS/iGPU driver update...

ozy615

Reaction score
Screenshot-2021-10-23-141218.png

I think this deal is not bad.
Relatively good screen, lightweight, and relatively good battery life
Hands a bit itchy. My legion 5 battery a bit on the short side.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.