AMD Ryzen Notebook discussion | Intel or AMD for notebook? AMD Excellent CPU+GPU performance, sharing concurrent models reviews.

tkl23786

Master Member
Reaction score
Update on my laptop.

I have contacted Lenovo Official Store via the Shopee app.

1)
I noticed on the box that my laptop was originally the 16GB RAM and 1TB storage configuration. Lenovo confirmed that they had opened the box and installed the additional 16GB RAM and 1TB storage for me. I ordered 32GB RAM and 2TB storage.

2)
Lenovo claims the default warranty date is the production date. The manufacture date printed on the box stated 13 September but the online warranty record stated 15 October....... very sus........

Lenovo reassures that once I have registered my laptop with Lenovo, the warranty date will change to my date of purchase. This will take about 5 weeks to change the warranty date..... why need 5 weeks to change?!?!?!

flowerpalms

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Update on my laptop.

1)
I noticed on the box that my laptop was originally the 16GB RAM and 1TB storage configuration. Lenovo confirmed that they had opened the box and installed the additional 16GB RAM and 1TB storage for me. I ordered 32GB RAM and 2TB storage.

2)
Lenovo claims the default warranty date is the production date. The manufacture date printed on the box stated 13 September but the online warranty record stated 15 October....... very sus........

Lenovo reassures that once I have registered my laptop with Lenovo, the warranty date will change to my date of purchase. This will take about 5 weeks to change the warranty date..... why need 5 weeks to change?!?!?!
You didnt ask abt the intel wifi card?

firesong

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Update on my laptop.

1)

2)

Too many red flags. I would contact CASE. To me, it sound suspiciously like trying to resell a returned or display set. Either way, it's not BNIB.

It definitely does not sound brand new. Lenovo won't change the warranty date unnecessarily, and yes it comes with the warranty at manufacturing date by default.

flowerpalms

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Too many red flags. I would contact CASE. To me, it sound suspiciously like trying to resell a returned or display set. Either way, it's not BNIB.

It definitely does not sound brand new. Lenovo won't change the warranty date unnecessarily, and yes it comes with the warranty at manufacturing date by default.
The intel wifi card already can shoot to case lah

SpecialKeyboardService

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Update on my laptop.

1)

2)

Tell go fk themselves......
Mine took 1 day to update when I receive it....

SpecialKeyboardService

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Guys I am having serious doubts on my laptop.
I suspect it is a used laptop.
Please help to see if I should complain to Lenovo Official Store and Shopee.

1) The box has masking tape over a cut seal

2) Why is the warranty in-effect since 15th October 2021???

3) Unfortunately I am given the Mediatek WLAN card

Mte110s look like a aftermarket low end pcie card......
Mte110s is from transcend.....

It should be an oem ssd.
Samsung is pm981a or pm9A1.
Micron mtfh something
Toshiba.
Sky hynix....

That another red flag.....
This Lenovo shop must be atrix in disguise......

firesong

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score

It should be an oem ssd.
Micron mtfh something
Toshiba.
Sky hynix....

Lenovo laptop users can check their laptop manifest - which parts were built at factory. It's at support.lenovo.com - key in the serial number and head to Parts. The exact model numbers are listed. Likewise for Dell Latitudes I've handled (suspect the same too for other Dell products). Am not sure about HP though - and I've not seen it on Asus.

Agree that the Mte110s looked dubious too. Lenovo would not wilfully do something to void their own warranty and sell it to customers. Something is wrong.

tkl23786

Master Member
Reaction score

It should be an oem ssd.
Micron mtfh something
Toshiba.
Sky hynix....

It is Atrix.

The bag used is an Atrix bag.

Should I return the laptop?

Who should I complain to?

I don't feel right about the laptop.

Yes, the NVMe used is SK Hynix and Transcend and WLAN card is Mediatek.

The warranty date does not tally with the manufacturing date already has me worried.

Who should I contact?

This laptop costs me $3k and I am not satisfied with it.

Too many inferior parts and a dodgy warranty.

Edit to add:
I just realised that there is NO RGB for my model, only white backlit and after searching around the internet, it seems there are variants of Legion 5 Pro without RGB and checking my model number on https://psref.lenovo.com/Product/Legion/Lenovo_Legion_5_Pro_16ACH6H confirmed that this model indeed is only white backlit.

Last edited:

SpecialKeyboardService

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It is Atrix.

The warranty date does not tally with the manufacturing date already has me worried.

Who should I contact?

Too many inferior parts and dodgy warranty.

https://www.lenovo.com/sg/en/laptops/legion/legion-5-series/Legion-5-Pro-16ACH6H/p/WMD00000468

how about this? I suggest you return it, using cheap parts really doesn't cut it.....

Your model is the 2.7k range..... In earlier thread around mid august, somebody put a lot of discount codes in one thread, i suggest you tried all the code before you made the purchase.....

and if you want a better discount, call the lenovo sales hotline to ask for sweeter deal, maybe can minus 100 to 300 something?

the ram and ssd, please go upgrade yourself diy......

ksrokiller

Master Member
Reaction score
It is Atrix.

Who should I contact?

Too many inferior parts and dodgy warranty.
Shopee has return policy can check with them about it

flowerpalms

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It is Atrix.

Who should I contact?

Too many inferior parts and a dodgy warranty.

Edit to add:
I just realised that there is NO RGB for my model, only white backlit and after searching around the internet, it seems there are variants of Legion 5 Pro without RGB and checking my model number on https://psref.lenovo.com/Product/Legion/Lenovo_Legion_5_Pro_16ACH6H confirmed that this model indeed is only white backlit.
lol Lenovo official store in Lazada/Shopee = Atrix
Atrix = Atrix

Heng ahhh

aLeX84

Master Member
Reaction score
Meanwhile in amdk land Legion 5 17" Ryzen 5800H RTX 3060 went for $1044 USD, if got Rakuten cashback (their version of Shopback) then buyer only pay $887 USD. ~$1.2k SGD for that standard of laptop, knn SG where to find? Even at $1044 USD ~ $1.4k SGD without their Rakuten cashback it's a steal. Lenovo laptop pricing here really chop carrot head sia.

flowerpalms

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Meanwhile in amdk land Legion 5 17" Ryzen 5800H RTX 3060 went for $1044 USD, if got Rakuten cashback (their version of Shopback) then buyer only pay $887 USD. ~$1.2k SGD for that standard of laptop, knn SG where to find? Even at $1044 USD ~ $1.4k SGD without their Rakuten cashback it's a steal. Lenovo laptop pricing here really chop carrot head sia.

And trying to cheat

tkl23786

Master Member
Reaction score
So, what do you guys see when you first check the warranty of your product?

Mine showed 2021-10-15 when I first checked the warranty on the Lenovo website.
I ordered it on 2021-11-27 and received it on 2021-11-30.
The manufactured date on the box showed 2021-09-13.

I asked Shopee Lenovo Official Store about the mismatching dates and was directed to the Lenovo Online Chat Support. After ding-dong with the Lenovo Online Chat Support, the CSO admitted she only know what was shown in the system and did not know what the warranty date should reflect if the product was not registered with the purchase date.

My warranty date has been changed to 2021-11-27 already instead of the 2021-10-15 which I originally saw. I have screenshots of the 2021-10-15 date as proof.

:mad:

flowerpalms

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So, what do you guys see when you first check the warranty of your product?

Mine showed 2021-10-15 when I first checked the warranty on the Lenovo website.
I ordered it on 2021-11-27 and received it on 2021-11-30.
The manufactured date on the box showed 2021-09-13.

I asked Shopee Lenovo Official Store about the mismatching dates and was directed to the Lenovo Online Chat Support. After ding-dong with the Lenovo Online Chat Support, the CSO admitted she only know what was shown in the system and did not know what the warranty date should reflect if the product was not registered with the purchase date.

My warranty date has been changed to 2021-11-27 already instead of the 2021-10-15 which I originally saw. I have screenshots of the 2021-10-15 date as proof.

:mad:
Manipulating

tkl23786

Master Member
Reaction score
So what can I do?

Lenovo CSO has made it clear that the warranty "issue" is a non -issue to her, that is, and she has sent me an email asking me to send over the picture of the broken seal to prove that the product has been modified.

Shopee Lenovo Official Store (aka ATRIX) claimed the PACKING staff opened the box and upgraded the RAM and Storage for me. The laptop was the base 16GB RAM and 1TB storage and it was upgraded allegedly by the PACKING staff, to 32GB RAM and 2TB storage (1TB SK Hynix + 1TB Transcend).

And of course, the Mediatek WLAN card used and the white backlit keyboard not the 4 RGB backlit keyboard model.

Other than the dodgy warranty dates, everything else though seems wrong, is actually not wrong (???)

There was no specific mention of Intel or Killer WLAN being used, the model does actually come with a white backlit keyboard as per Lenovo PSREF (product specification reference), there was no mention of a specific brand of storage that will be used for the upgrade.

It seems quite tough for me to get a refund and return.
The product is not counterfeit, or damaged, or not working properly.
It is performing fine. for now.

Part of me is pissed off, while the other part of me can't find any major misconduct in the deal.

flowerpalms

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So what can I do?

Lenovo CSO has made it clear that the warranty "issue" is a non -issue to her, that is, and she has sent me an email asking me to send over the picture of the broken seal to prove that the product has been modified.

Shopee Lenovo Official Store (aka ATRIX) claimed the PACKING staff opened the box and upgraded the RAM and Storage for me. The laptop was the base 16GB RAM and 1TB storage and it was upgraded allegedly by the PACKING staff, to 32GB RAM and 2TB storage (1TB SK Hynix + 1TB Transcend).

And of course, the Mediatek WLAN card used and the white backlit keyboard not the 4 RGB backlit keyboard model.

Other than the dodgy warranty dates, everything else though seems wrong, is actually not wrong (???)

There was no specific mention of Intel or Killer WLAN being used, the model does actually come with a white backlit keyboard as per Lenovo PSREF (product specification reference), there was no mention of a specific brand of storage that will be used for the upgrade.

Part of me is pissed off, while the other part of me can't find any major misconduct in the deal.
Lies after lies

SpecialKeyboardService

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Precisely, it better to use discount coupons to negate the price.....

ksrokiller

Master Member
Reaction score
So what can I do?

You can check with shopee cs tell them about the issue, check with them if eligible for return

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.