AMD Ryzen Notebook discussion | Intel or AMD for notebook? AMD Excellent CPU+GPU performance, sharing concurrent models reviews.

JuXn5566

Reaction score
I think this is not just gaming laptops only n not false advertising just in 2020!
Eg battery claims to last for how long??
Many will false claim in 1 way or another
Isnt it?? But not overboard pls https://www.channelnewsasia.com/sin...V7fXSSfrQUEowVfvv3x4UABxp1Mzk7XGvtMvpa02zj4hg
Battery life usually they will put * to indicate the methodology to get the results so it will accurate based on the set up. As for screen refresh rate, it's clear cut have or don't have.

storm913

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I've a desktop at home and a work laptop but looking to get a laptop for some external classes. Will likely be using a bit of power bi or tableau too. But trying to keep my budget down and saw there's refurbished Lenovo T470s on shopee and lazada. Are those a okay buy? If so, will i7 or 16gb be necessary? Or is there a better buy than these refurbished sets around this range? Thanks :D

Chrisng_21

Reaction score
HI is there any promo code for lenovo website? Planning to get a Ideapad Slim 5 pro AMD version, is this laptop worth to purchased at that price? Thank you.

trenzterra

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had experience using Mi Power Bank 3 Pro with the ThinkPad X13? For some reason when using it to charge my laptop my laptop will have the tendency to freeze and keystrokes start missing... Wonder if it's a power bank or laptop issue?

JuXn5566

Reaction score
These mean 0 cashback. Lenovo gives 0 cashbash when we use high discount code which is above 20%, though shopback say 3-4%. It happened since Feb 2022

I got "Calculating" too.. sad didn't know DEALDAY is consider high discount code. It's like 11% only.

Last edited:

huytoan132

Reaction score
I got "Calculating" too.. sad didn't know DEALDAY is consider high discount code. It's like 11% only.
I’d say all the code we used are invalid but somehow due to glitches Shopback & Lenovo still honor the cashback. If you look at Shopback term & condition, only a handful of codes are allowed

JuXn5566

Reaction score
I’d say all the code we used are invalid but somehow due to glitches Shopback & Lenovo still honor the cashback. If you look at Shopback term & condition, only a handful of codes are allowed

Ahh.. so they patched up the loop hole. 😭

halocast

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Me too. I am awaiting ryzen 6000 based thinkpads or thinkbooks with USB 4 support. May even be able to connect an eGPU in future.

Wonder when these laptops will be released here.
Saw the T14 series avaliable in US site, but the pricing is ridiculous :o

Vegitto

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Me too. I am awaiting ryzen 6000 based thinkpads or thinkbooks with USB 4 support. May even be able to connect an eGPU in future.

Connect to eGPU not possible for AMD laptops unless Ryzen 7000 and beyond starts supporting thunderbolt :(

SpecialKeyboardService

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

T14s gen 3 amd.
Avoid T14 and T16 amd. Those no USB 4.

If need bigger screen, stick with alder lake t16 though battery life may sucks

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Saw the T14 series avaliable in US site, but the pricing is ridiculous :o
I feel prices will be higher than previous gen. That is to be expected. The main concern is how long before they can deliver the product.

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Look on the bright side man. You lose 3% cash back, but it makes more sense to get the 10+% discount that you realised immediately, with no waiting. It will be nice to get the cash back and discount at the same time, but then again, why let 3% dampen your day?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.