AMD Ryzen Notebook discussion | Intel or AMD for notebook? AMD Excellent CPU+GPU performance, sharing concurrent models reviews.

Mystyque

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I know 16gb now is a scam. I can feel the difference when I go from 16+ 0 to 16 + 16.

Ur side leh, how chu know the 40gb really ish gut? What can real world usage shows the 32 gb ram stick is worth it?

I need to run multiple VMs for work, even if I give each the minimum of 4GB, that's already 12GB gone by default. Nowadays work has more reliance on group comm apps like Teams, Zoom, Hangout for different groups of people/customers and these all take up memory. That's not even counting browsers and other tools. My 24GB was still doing OK until WFH hit and Teams became basically mandatory. Of course I could try to actively manage it by pausing VMs and unpausing others but that causes inefficiency which makes any performance gains from 8+8 meaningless.

stupidog

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone knows if yoga slim 7 carbon can run nvme gen 4 ssd ?

i dun see this info anywhere :unsure:

natas

Reaction score
Just saw, u can purchase latest AMD laptop. T14s with 2 options 6650 and 6850. Z13, max 6860. Z16, max 6960.

Last edited:

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone knows if yoga slim 7 carbon can run nvme gen 4 ssd ?

i dun see this info anywhere :unsure:
AMD Ryzen 5xxx APUs don't support PCI-E gen 4. But in my opinion, you are not really losing out much when its clear that gen 4 NVME SSDs will throttle badly in such a thin system. And you are really just losing out on sequential transfer rate, which you will never notice in normal day to day usage of the system.

Phen8210

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
AMD processor is better but seems like laptops have lesser models.

15.6-inch laptop with intel 1260p what are the options? Need something on the slimmer side with good battery life. Integrated GPU is fine.

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

flowerpalms

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I agree that the price is very off. Just slightly a year ago in May 2021, the Legion 7 with the Ryzen 7 5800H and RTX 3080 16GB was going for 3K. I remember ordering it but subsequently cancelling it because I decided to setup a desktop instead.
This price can get desktop

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.