Amp - Sabaj a20a 2022v' died

naoeneko

Reaction score
Ok so I got this for a few weeks and were using it until it died on me 2days ago.

The light stays red and doesn't turn blue as shown in this video and video of only power cable connected. No sound is coming out of it so wondering anyone can guide me on where to look for repair or any cheap shipping option for me to return to hifi-express (God, all the shipping rates is around 1/3-1/2 the cost of this amp)?

Last edited:

dreamaurora

Reaction score
Ok so I got this for a few weeks and were using it until it died on me 2days ago.

The light stays red and doesn't turn blue as shown in this video and video of only power cable connected. No sound is coming out of it so wondering anyone can guide me on where to look for repair or any cheap shipping option for me to return to hifi-express (God, all the shipping rates is around 1/3-1/2 the cost of this amp)?

Try Koba Electronics at People Park see if they can fix it.

benedium

Banned
Reaction score

Better check with seller. Should be replaced by seller instead of repaired. Few weeks only use is unreasonable.

naoeneko

Reaction score
Better check with seller. Should be replaced by seller instead of repaired. Few weeks only use is unreasonable.
I bought from hifi-express, so replacement is ***** ex on my end since need to ship back. Even singpost cheapest would be ~80 liao, 1/3 of the amp cost but time might take weeks to months lol. So trying to see if can fix locally.

benedium

Banned
Reaction score
I bought from hifi-express, so replacement is ***** ex on my end since need to ship back. Even singpost cheapest would be ~80 liao, 1/3 of the amp cost but time might take weeks to months lol. So trying to see if can fix locally.
Sabaj a20a is a class d amp, which I doubt normal repairman can fix. U see even tv nowadays are simply replaced rather than repaired.

Seriously looking for repairman will cost u both time and risk u getting ripped off. Sabaj a20a costs less than S$300. Doubt anyone will do any repair work for much less than that. Might as well get replacement unit.

Personally I would first contact seller for replacement claiming defective product. Last resort then I will make warranty claim on manufacturer side.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.