- Nov 7, 2007
- Reaction score
here's a better picture:
- MiBox S connected to TP-Link singleband ADSL router (5Mbps internet speed)
- roughly 10 devices are connected and connected via 2.4Ghz
- When doing Chromecast either via Netflix or Viu, it takes a minute or two before it starts streaming. I'm lucky enough if Viu lets me stream to the MiBox
- I tried another router, Prolink single-band router, and connected the MiBox S
- MiBox and my phone's connected
- since there's no internet connection, I can't stream anything and my phone's unable to detect the MiBox S .. which I find rather weird (phone and MiBox were both restarted).
- MiBox S connected to Asus dualband router (1Gbps internet speed)
- roughly 10 devices are connected and connected via 5Ghz
- When doing Chromecase either via Netflix or Viu, less than 3 seconds, it starts streaming without any issue
could this be an issue with TP-Link due to it running on single band?
you need internet connection for chromecast to work, even for casting video from handphone.
for showing video on handphone to mibox, there are 101 ways and chromecast is not needed.