Android TV Box

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Which one is better 酷喵 or 腾讯? Can i watch most of the show without vpn on those 2?
Btw how do you guys subscribe? I tried Alipay but seems like can only pay with balance, my local card don't work. Where to top up or is it easier to go taobao buy those activation codes?

Check out the VPN thread for more info.

In terms of content Tencent Video is a bit better. As for VPN, both will have some contents which need VPN, so it depends on the contents you are watching. In the end I tend to think it is better to pay for the VPN as well.

I have mobile VIP for both Tencent Video and Youku Video, then I also pay for AJS VPN. Some other VPN choices are AJS, Transocks and Malus.

For top up, you can check out Alipay thread. It may not be easy to top up now.

Last edited:

tmster

Reaction score
In terms of content Tencent Video is a bit better. As for VPN, both will have some contents which need VPN, so it depends on the contents you are watching. In the end I tend to think it is better to pay for the VPN as well.

I have mobile VIP for both Tencent Video and Youku Video, then I also pay for AJS VPN. Some other VPN choices are AJS, Transocks and Malus.

For top up, you can check out Alipay thread. It may not be easy to top up now.

I have kumiao (youku tv version) installed and seems like a good number of the shows can load without vpn. So now i am scouting around for a way to subscribe. Thanks for the direction to alipay's thread, will search there for more info.

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have kumiao (youku tv version) installed and seems like a good number of the shows can load without vpn. So now i am scouting around for a way to subscribe. Thanks for the direction to alipay's thread, will search there for more info.
you may want to try WeTV, a tencents app meant for overseas customer. should be easier to subscribe.

if you don't need highest quality, can also try the app by guazitv. The app can be download from the official site at guazitv dot tv. There are 2 versions, suggest to run the TV version on TV box. At the moment, the app doesn't provide history and favourite functions, however the streaming speed is fast, and it is free.

tmster

Reaction score
you may want to try WeTV, a tencents app meant for overseas customer. should be easier to subscribe.

if you don't need highest quality, can also try the app by guazitv. The app can be download from the official site at guazitv dot tv. There are 2 versions, suggest to run the TV version on TV box. At the moment, the app doesn't provide history and favourite functions, however the streaming speed is fast, and it is free.

Wow this guazi is good, i just tried on my pc and quality is decent. Thanks a lot.

kottty

Master Member
Reaction score

thanks for sharing this APP..but i didn't see TV version..only got mobile version to download.or i need use TV box go to the site and download den will be TV version?

Sent from EDMWER app!

funky05

Reaction score

Clamping coming tough....

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Clamping coming tough....

nothing to do with us.
\
the law is to stop retailers from selling illegal boxes.

princeage

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi all, will like to ask can I use Popcorn app to watch streamlined movie via utorrent in Sg? Is it illegal in Sg? Do I need to use VPN to watch?
Will the ISP send me warning letter?

Thanks!

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all, will like to ask can I use Popcorn app to watch streamlined movie via utorrent in Sg? Is it illegal in Sg? Do I need to use VPN to watch?
Will the ISP send me warning letter?

Thanks!

popcorn app is using torrent. you will be sued by content provider if they want to. because you are hosting the illegal contents and delivering them to other users.

the authority can still get you even if you vpn. :) don't play play.

why go through these trouble and pay for vpn when you can watch contents legally by using normal streaming?

Residentvigilante

Reaction score
just gotten my mibox tv 89 bucks. wow can use kodi and watch all korean dramas. really save more money to become richer

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
to name a few. rssplayer, adrama, guazitv, iqiyi, youku, viu, mewatch..............................

and almost any made in china apps has k drama.

Residentvigilante

Reaction score
DL kodi and use it to stream all the korean shows. damn solid. i even deactivated my netflix after using kodi

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.