Android TV Box

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mi stick 4k vs mi box s 4k, which will you guys recommend?

Will mecool be better than these two?

Can both install the mudvod?

Thanks!

no problem.

works for all of them.

suggest not buying mi stick, unless you want to save a few dollars.

lycanboy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have done setup on MI device and they seem to have much problems.
As for mecool never try b4
to installed mudvod, i think most android device can, except for compatibility issue.
MI device sometime refuse to install some sideload app.

no problem.

works for all of them.

suggest not buying mi stick, unless you want to save a few dollars.
Thanks guys!

I will get the mi box s 4k then.

andyhtc

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I bought the Mi Box S after reading the recommendations here. It is reasonably priced and easy to connect. The videos are smooth.

Philippng

Reaction score
I bought the Mi Box S after reading the recommendations here. It is reasonably priced and easy to connect. The videos are smooth.
bros
most box when new mostly good, the problem come after some uses and other issue such as compatiability of app, system memory leak and lag due to heavy data use and so on.

Take your time to evaluate then you can compare. MI box is price competitive but i have feedback that it lag after some usage.

In any case goodluck and hope you get a good box

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
bros
most box when new mostly good, the problem come after some uses and other issue such as compatiability of app, system memory leak and lag due to heavy data use and so on.

Take your time to evaluate then you can compare. MI box is price competitive but i have feedback that it lag after some usage.

depending who is giving the feedback

lag could be due to user's problem.

andyhtc

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
bros

It is just for switching on for entertainment during festive seasons in my parents' house.

They don't use the Internet on TV often and don't download any stuff into the box.

I guess the Mi Box should be fine :)

By the way, hope to see some recommendations for programmes for elderly ;)

Philippng

Reaction score
It is just for switching on for entertainment during festive seasons in my parents' house.

They don't use the Internet on TV often and don't download any stuff into the box.

I guess the Mi Box should be fine :)

By the way, hope to see some recommendations for programmes for elderly ;)
For those elderly that can only push the channel and the volumn button. it would be nice to have app that just
need to change channels up and down and volunm up and down.
if they can do some mouse or remote control then TVB anywhere can be considered for them to watch HK series
Mewatch is another ideal app that can watch local programs.
there are a few china vod that you can search from the net which come with China series, some even come with korea series.

Goodluck and enjoy while it is there.

oddbasket

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I ordered this Tivo 4k from Prime deal for $27.94, similar specs to Mi Stick 4k

When it comes will try it on my old LG 47" tv to make it useful again.

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For those elderly that can only push the channel and the volumn button. it would be nice to have app that just
need to change channels up and down and volunm up and down.
if they can do some mouse or remote control then TVB anywhere can be considered for them to watch HK series
Mewatch is another ideal app that can watch local programs.
there are a few china vod that you can search from the net which come with China series, some even come with korea series.

Goodluck and enjoy while it is there.
Boxes that use android TV OS, such as mi box s, are designed in such a way that only remote control is needed.

DO NOT install handphone apps that need mouse.

Install the apps meant for android TV OS for good experience.

DO NOT install those not meant for android tv os , then complain that apps are not compatible.

Philippng

Reaction score
Boxes that use android TV OS, such as mi box s, are designed in such a way that only remote control is needed.

DO NOT install handphone apps that need mouse.

Install the apps meant for android TV OS for good experience.

DO NOT install those not meant for android tv os , then complain that apps are not compatible.
bros, i thought we are talking about a android box not a flower vase, with so many do not i think is best do not even spend that $27.94. comeon dont be a spoiler

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Should i get a Mecool km2 or km2 plus? any big diff?

There are some enhancements, the question is whether you want to pay for these. The original Km2 is good enough for most people.
  • MECOOL KM2 Plus comes with 16GB internal storage whereas original came with 8GB
  • KM2 Plus uses s905X4, vs s905X2 in KM2
  • AV1 codec now included
  • Bluetooth 5.0
  • KM2 Plus is running Android TV 11 whereas original was 10

Philippng

Reaction score
Should i get a Mecool km2 or km2 plus? any big diff?
basically for android box. it is recommended that the spec should have atleast a 16 gb storage a 2 gb ram 4 gb ram recommended. As for processing technically for streaming it does not need much cpu a device with gpu processing will enhance the viewing experience. Another issue need attention is the os compatibility that will need those that have experience using to commend. other than the technical spec what software support they provide but usually not very dependable. maybe work well for a start after that most will fail.

Philippng

Reaction score
There are some enhancements, the question is whether you want to pay for these. The original Km2 is good enough for most people.
  • MECOOL KM2 Plus comes with 16GB internal storage whereas original came with 8GB
  • KM2 Plus uses s905X4, vs s905X2 in KM2
  • AV1 codec now included
  • Bluetooth 5.0
  • KM2 Plus is running Android TV 11 whereas original was 10
look like the MECOOL KM2 look good.

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
basically for android box. it is recommended that the spec should have atleast a 16 gb storage a 2 gb ram 4 gb ram recommended. As for processing technically for streaming it does not need much cpu a device with gpu processing will enhance the viewing experience. Another issue need attention is the os compatibility that will need those that have experience using to commend. other than the technical spec what software support they provide but usually not very dependable. maybe work well for a start after that most will fail.
the best android tv box - nvidia shield - has only 3GB. This box is powerful enough for some serious games.

In 2019, nvidia came out with another version, only 2GB RAM, for those who want to watch TV, not playing games.

Most of the good box based on android TV OS, are using 2GB/8GB. 2GB is sufficient for playing video and some light games.

even with 2GB, most of the time, there is about 1.1 GB free RAM available to run apps.

For watching TV, it is better to use boxes with android tv OS.

Those boxes that run on handphone/mobile android OS need more RAM, because they are running lots of redundant processes behind which are meant for handphone.

midlusionz

Reaction score
Looks like KM2 is good enough. do u guys get from the website directly? Or from shopee?

Philippng

Reaction score
Looks like KM2 is good enough. do u guys get from the website directly? Or from shopee?
having established the hardware need which is half of the equation. What is most important is the software that
it support. This is where we should consider most. Without a good support of software however powerful the box maybe it is just another piece of showcase.

midlusionz

Reaction score
I usually watch netflix, Disney +. HBO and TVB dramas and maybe youtube

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.