ANGRY RANT: Teen unwilling to give seat elderly

CyberTan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I hope mod is Willing to allow me to express my anger and unhappiness.

Earlier I was on the MRT on my heading to Punggol, during the journey, there was some elderly who boarded in Hougang MRT. So I was leaning on the side of another door of the MRT, so I approached the young teen chap seating on the reserve seat,if he can at least try to ask the uncle in his 70’s if he wants the seat. Guess what happen? He was so defensive and refusing to ask the uncle and instead ask me why don’t I approach the opposite commuter the same. I was fuming like mad. Are these parents of such kids didn’t teach them what’s humility?????

he won’t budge and continue to use his fruit phone with AirPods Pro watching the movie till he left at Sengkang.

I have been asking myself, what can really do to make a difference?

Last edited:

tidalstorm

Master Member
Reaction score
did I ask the old uncle if he wanted the seat? if he said yes then u can help him look. why u ask the dude to ask? just saying

CyberTan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No .the qns is have u asked the uncle if he wanna sit?
Some old ppl refuse to sit as they aloghting nezt stoop

U shld ask old uncle first la
Else waste yr.time.if end up old uncle refuse sit
The person with the seat should be asking. Of course if I ask the uncle won’t want.

I asked before.

EDMW-Hates-Me

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
did I ask the old uncle if he wanted the seat? if he said yes then u can help him look. why u ask the dude to ask? just saying
Later the uncle said want, but all same pattern as the kid / elderly / pregnant / injured leh? Common for those not on reserved seat to act like it's not their business.

aspenco

Banned
Reaction score
Hougang MRT. So I was leaning on the side of another door of the MRT, so I approached the young Indian chap seating on the reserve seat,if he can at least try to ask the uncle in his 70’s if he wan

Wow... Did he have a moustache? :vijayadmin:

:(

CyberTan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The best is to myob
That’s how our society behave isn’t it? Kindles and humility is what should be heading.

I know it sounds cliche, but in honesty. It least you try to ask, no uncle want then seat lor. Simple

viethai

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
most will give up their seats, minority will pretend to sleep, some suddenly neck clamp head cannot raise up

The Legionnaire

Master Member
Reaction score
U are well brought up but not everyone behave like u! It's not that the young guy was asking the old guy to give up his seat so just leave it as it was..just saying!

Iamnotib

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Does this even work? Later kena dox.
Of course will work. Then the yp will post beedio say he hear wrongly or he feel giddy or he leg injured thats why he no gib up seat. Then all the misunderstanding will be cleared. :s13:

iamsinkie

Reaction score
Just keep farting in front of that persons face, he will buay tahan and move

KcSpider

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Instead of asking the teen, I will ask the uncle loudly, “Uncle you want to sit?”

if yes then can ask ppl to gib up lor. Maybe got someone else offer.

EDMWer will refise to give up seat also, esp to auntie.

Imagine will first scold WC, then say neber serve NS, then scold boomer gen. :s22:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.