iu

and

iu

to spice up your sex life

:LOL:

mryang

Honorary Member
Reaction score
With the labour shortage here, renovation contractors are only interested in "BIG" jobs, not small peanuts jobs. Sad truth.
Been contact with a few renov company. Keep asking me what design I prefer. I say I no need designer.
Mainly:
1. Painting and plastering
2. Electricity rewiring
3. plumbing work for sink area & baths
4. Aircon and water heater .
5. Change of doors and metal gate
6. Kitchen cabinets refurbished

mryang

Honorary Member
Reaction score
buyer only give me 2 month extension period mean my next unit need to be done before oct sigh

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
buyer only give me 2 month extension period mean my next unit need to be done before oct sigh
I got 3 months, this week will finalize the ID selection.

Agent say to collect keys is 8 weeks from now. So total I got 20 weeks or so to finish reno and move in. Need to start work early, my new house owner moved out liao, so just need indemnity form.

mryang

Honorary Member
Reaction score
I got 3 months, this week will finalize the ID selection.

Agent say to collect keys is 8 weeks from now. So total I got 20 weeks or so to finish reno and move in. Need to start work early, my new house owner moved out liao, so just need indemnity form.
Good for you . My side only Aug collect key now looking for renov contractor sigh plus end of sep I must move out. Only got 1 month to do .

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Good for you . My side only Aug collect key now looking for renov contractor sigh plus end of sep I must move out. Only got 1 month to do .
Steam... my side say need 12-14 weeks for reno, I fainting. I like the design though, but the timeline... need to re-discuss

Your 1 month can only do basic, then add on after moving in? Will be dirty sia.

mryang

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Steam... my side say need 12-14 weeks for reno, I fainting. I like the design though, but the timeline... need to re-discuss

Your 1 month can only do basic, then add on after moving in? Will be dirty sia.
No sure but searching for contractor can only do basic I am not those fantaciful type .
Need schedule so that I can order furniture and electric appliance. And arrange for relocation of my board band and sp service

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No sure but searching for contractor can only do basic I am not those fantaciful type .
Need schedule so that I can order furniture and electric appliance. And arrange for relocation of my board band and sp service
What's why I engaged ID, let them do everything. Contractor can only do what you want if you know what you want. They won't do liaison works etc. You have to just plan ahead if using contractor. I thought of cos it will be cheaper without middleman etc, but I don't want to do everything lor :(

mryang

Honorary Member
Reaction score
What's why I engaged ID, let them do everything. Contractor can only do what you want if you know what you want. They won't do liaison works etc. You have to just plan ahead if using contractor. I thought of cos it will be cheaper without middleman etc, but I don't want to do everything lor :(
got WhatsApp's quite a number of renov but keep asking me what design i want . and i tell them need to be complete within 3 to 4 weeks . some even ask me to meet their id designer . i was wah phiang

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
got WhatsApp's quite a number of renov but keep asking me what design i want . and i tell them need to be complete within 3 to 4 weeks . some even ask me to meet their id designer . i was wah phiang
I met 4 over 4 weeks. This week finally all the sample designs/layout quotation and schedule came back lor. Tomorrow meeting the last one then will decide by Friday who to go for.

You need to meet them to explain your idea and needs, then from there they can work on your quotation and layout/designs. Cannot avoid one... my first ID say 3-4 weeks, and only came back this week to discuss on quotation. 3D is another 3-4 weeks if i opt for them!!!

But i really like the layout/design. although more exp.

If you know where you want shelf, where you want cupboards, then just look for contractor do.

mryang

Honorary Member
Reaction score
I met 4 over 4 weeks. This week finally all the sample designs/layout quotation and schedule came back lor. Tomorrow meeting the last one then will decide by Friday who to go for.

You need to meet them to explain your idea and needs, then from there they can work on your quotation and layout/designs. Cannot avoid one... my first ID say 3-4 weeks, and only came back this week to discuss on quotation. 3D is another 3-4 weeks if i opt for them!!!

But i really like the layout/design. although more exp.

If you know where you want shelf, where you want cupboards, then just look for contractor do.
oic noted

mryang

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Going arrange a meet up soon with one of them next month the ******* seller yet to reply me. On the available date

mdaspro

Reaction score
Been contact with a few renov company. Keep asking me what design I prefer. I say I no need designer.
Mainly:
2. Electricity rewiring
Hi,
Currently I am doing renovation my unit without any ID, but directly with contractors.
Few things to note:
-The works you listed above, it will not be possible to fit within your budget you mentioned (16k).
- It will definitely take around 4 weeks.

mryang

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Currently I am doing renovation my unit without any ID, but directly with contractors.
Few things to note:
-The works you listed above, it will not be possible to fit within your budget you mentioned (16k).
- It will definitely take around 4 weeks.
How much do you spend?

mdaspro

Reaction score
How much do you spend?
For my resale unit, it is 30K excluding Electronics / White goods and Loose Furniture
It includes:
2 toilets complete hacking & renovation (100%)
Painting
Kitchen partial renovation
Built-in wardrobes
TV feature wall
3 bedroom Vinyl flooring
Plumbing works
Electrical works

Additional 20K Electronics / White goods (TV, Fridge, Aircon, Washing Machine, Dish waster, Vacuum, Hobs & hood, all other kitchen appliances) and Loose Furniture (Beds, Sofa, Dining Table & Chairs, Book shelf, Study table)

All total : 50K

Total Duration: 5 weeks (3 weeks for sourcing & contacting)
Direct work with contractors.

mryang

Honorary Member
Reaction score
For my resale unit, it is 30K excluding Electronics / White goods and Loose Furniture
It includes:
2 toilets complete hacking & renovation (100%)
Painting
Kitchen partial renovation
Built-in wardrobes
TV feature wall
3 bedroom Vinyl flooring
Plumbing works
Electrical works

Additional 20K Electronics / White goods (TV, Fridge, Aircon, Washing Machine, Dish waster, Vacuum, Hobs & hood, all other kitchen appliances) and Loose Furniture (Beds, Sofa, Dining Table & Chairs, Book shelf, Study table)

All total : 50K

Total Duration: 5 weeks (3 weeks for sourcing & contacting)
Direct work with contractors.
Wow you got hacking no wonder. Need to apply for HDB permit also right

tingsters

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mainly:
2. Electricity rewiring
u calling the ID issit?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.