Any Interior Design Firms to recommend?

sherica

Reaction score

TeamUSA

Reaction score
I think it would be better to check Hometrust. I see Qanvast like a lot of fake reviews all submitted one lump shot one. The way it is written it is obviously submitted by the id themselves. Whoever you choose do be careful. Lot of negative feedback these days https://www.hometrust.sg/latest-reviews/lowest-rated
Yes. Need to be a bit more discerning.. I find that many of the so-called Interior Designers are really just contractors in diguise since the industry is not really regulated here and they upsell "standard packages" with tons of exclusions. If possible try to go for those designers who are certified architects as they think about the use of space/layout flow holistically. In my case I actually engaged the ID (who provided design and project management) and the contractor through a separate RFQ/quote process, and not part of a bundle. Please don't believe it when a firm tells u design is free, since you are paying for huge mark-ups in the overall renovation package anyway.

Last edited:

KnobKnob

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
MvFAKsw.jpeg

is the above demolition works too expensive?

Sent from EDMWER app!

sherica

Reaction score
MvFAKsw.jpeg

Sent from EDMWER app!

after going through 2nd appt with 6 different IDs to run through quotation i can tell you if they charge you cheaper on some area they will carrot you in other area so if budget is your number 1 concern just go with the cheapest and hope for the best. since i assume whichever IDs you have shortlisted you have done your homework they are not gonna suck even if they are cheap.

albertchan659

Reaction score
MvFAKsw.jpeg

Sent from EDMWER app!
It looks still ok, but hacking and demolition is very dependant on the amount of area which the works has to be done.

Like some hacking can even go up to 12k if you see the pricing breakdown here:https://www.hometrust.sg/interior-designers/design-avenue/project/holland-grove while some hacking only cost 4k https://www.hometrust.sg/interior-designers/design-avenue/project/holland-grove

You would need to see what is the area of works that will be done to make a more fair and accurate comparison.

albertchan659

Reaction score
Yes. Need to be a bit more discerning.. I find that many of the so-called Interior Designers are really just contractors in diguise since the industry is not really regulated here and they upsell "standard packages" with tons of exclusions. If possible try to go for those designers who are certified architects as they think about the use of space/layout flow holistically. In my case I actually engaged the ID (who provided design and project management) and the contractor through a separate RFQ/quote process, and not part of a bundle. Please don't believe it when a firm tells u design is free, since you are paying for huge mark-ups in the overall renovation package anyway.
Yup the line between contractors and so call ID is very blurred now. In fact a lot of so call IDs are more like "project managers" more than designers who actually design the place. Better to check on their portfolio, ask them questions about how they design the works in the profolio to see if they can answer.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.