Any mid career switchers for PCP physio or radiography?

CarpeD!em

Reaction score
Hey... i'm in my early 40s and is really keen to do a mid life career switch from accounting to physiotherapy.. Saw from 1 thread that chance to be admitted into SIT is very slim for those above 30s... Anyone here heard of 40s being admitted and successfully switch career?
There are quite a few in their 40's admitted into SIT HSS courses.

CarpeD!em

Reaction score
Hello!! Thank you for starting this thread though, it definitely helps!! Hahaha. I am intending to do a mid career switch too. Was doing events ever since i graduated from Poly, i am 30yo this year, btw. But i am kinda confused by how the whole application works. I know applications for SIT starts in Jan.

Correct me if im wrong. Cause i am really confused by how this whole application works.

So the first step should be applying directly with SIT with my Diploma certificates?
Next step is to apply through WSG for the PCP?
Then i will need to wait from here.

Thank you in advance first. Hahha.
Apply with both SIT and WSG when the window opens, normally early March to late April or early May.

Sam Sniff

Reaction score
SIT's application typically opens mid-Jan and closes in mid-March.
WSG's application typically opens early-Feb ad closes in mid-March.
Apply concurrently (i.e., to both SIT and WSG within the same period).

SIT will be the ones who will first assess your academic eligibility. If you are shortlisted for and pass SIT's Multiple Mini Interviews and are offered a place by SIT in their four-year PT/OT/DR courses, and if you also meet WSG's general requirements (their PCP non-academic requirements), then MOH Holdings or Social Service Agencies (depending on your sponsoring employer preferences) will contact you for an info session to share more about the PCP + obligations with you.

At this point as a prospective applicant, you need to make sure you meet SIT's academic requirements, and then pass SIT's Multiple Mini Interviews and be offered a place in SIT's four-year PT/OT/DR course first. Without an offer from SIT, WSG cannot consider you for the PCP.

zzzzzz87

Reaction score
anyone who graduated or still studying? care to share your experiences for now? read that a few of you should be entering in Sep 2021.

tiger2013

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anybody had response for 2022 intake yet?
No replies after 2nd interview. With the acceptance date coming close, I'm guessing that's a failure. :(

Will have to apply next year again then.

tiger2013

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think got the appeal period and also for people who eventually didn’t take up the spots, u may get the offer later on :) good luck! Did u apply for the CCP too?
Not sure if I wanna appeal because I got nothing further to add on...

Yes, also applied to PCP as per the instructions.

hellodaz

Reaction score
Just got rejected today. Any idea how to go about appealing? Appreciate any help. Thanks.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.