Any mid career switchers for PCP physio or radiography?

Oddreyyyygoh

Reaction score
Me.

What do you want to know?

There are still no graduates from the course yet. The first class to graduate will be later this year.

Hi, what’s the minimum requirement ? Cuz I read that if you drop out of the course then you need to pay the liquidated damage. What if you failed a module and need to retake it? Thanks

CarpeD!em

Reaction score
Hi, what’s the minimum requirement ? Cuz I read that if you drop out of the course then you need to pay the liquidated damage. What if you failed a module and need to retake it? Thanks

Minimum requirement as per WSG and SIT website.

Yes, if you drop out of the course, you will have to payback. The amount goes up higher and highest when you graduate. You will need to pay back the course fees and allowances that you had received.

If you fail a module and have to retake, it will be at your own cost. Every module there is a re-test. But if you really fail the re-test then have to retake the module so you will graduate later than your batch.

bomberkid

Reaction score
Hey!! Original poster here who started thread. Just wanna say that i got offered a place in SIT physio, applied through pcp.

I was rejected initially, and appealed and got offered. Some background of my appeal, initially i wanted to apply for duke-nus medical sch, and took the MCAT. Went to work as a Frontline worker too to beef up my resume. Appealed on the basis on being able to take and get a good MCAT score and also some Frontline (swabber for covid-19) experience for one year. I found the online interview not too tough, so not sure why rejected, presumedly based on age i guess? Since I'm 32. Anyone who have questions, post here and I'll reply!

Upon accepting, I'm just worried how to finance my 4 years. For anyone who been through the program, Is there time for working? I intend to continue doing insurance, as I'm in this field.

Gonnabefine

Reaction score
Hey!! Original poster here who started thread. Just wanna say that i got offered a place in SIT physio, applied through pcp.

I was rejected initially, and appealed and got offered. Some background of my appeal, initially i wanted to apply for duke-nus medical sch, and took the MCAT. Went to work as a Frontline worker too to beef up my resume. Appealed on the basis on being able to take and get a good MCAT score and also some Frontline (swabber for covid-19) experience for one year. I found the online interview not too tough, so not sure why rejected, presumedly based on age i guess? Since I'm 32. Anyone who have questions, post here and I'll reply!

Upon accepting, I'm just worried how to finance my 4 years. For anyone who been through the program, Is there time for working? I intend to continue doing insurance, as I'm in this field.
Hi there,

Have you received the sponsorship from pcp too? I am still waiting for them while doing the sit matriculation.

Am hoping there is time for some part time work too while studying since it is going to be 4 long years but so far seems to hear curriculum is quite heavy.

bomberkid

Reaction score
Hi there,

Have you received the sponsorship from pcp too? I am still waiting for them while doing the sit matriculation.

Am hoping there is time for some part time work too while studying since it is going to be 4 long years but so far seems to hear curriculum is quite heavy.
Hey! Not yet. I jus accepted the offer from SIT. Actually any idea if need to declare work? Cos i fully intend to continue with my job, but if need to declare dunno if they allow

Kynshin

Reaction score

Hi, congrats on you being accepted.
I was rejected from SIT after I did the virtual interview.
How do I make an appeal?

bomberkid

Reaction score
Hey appeal opened from 25may to 1st June 2021.. u may have missed it. I logon to the same application portal and submitted a 200 word count appeal

Kynshin

Reaction score
I see…
Well, no choice. I will have to try again next year.
Thanks for the reply!

Gonnabefine

Reaction score
Hey! Not yet. I jus accepted the offer from SIT. Actually any idea if need to declare work? Cos i fully intend to continue with my job, but if need to declare dunno if they allow
I attended the pcp briefing.. they stated that we cannot be in employment upon commencement of the studies not even on tender notice period. I am not so sure about part time though.

Think you should drop an email to mohh side about the processing of your pcp if you are still trying to get the sponsorship ya if they haven't approach u.

poseur_

Reaction score
hmm that’s strange. dont see why cannot work to support myself esp if nothing clashes..

Teamonster

Reaction score
Hi there,

I haven't received the sponsorship from PCP either...

Jsunflowers

Reaction score
Hi all, I am also doing the SIT matriculation currently while waiting for email on the sponsorship. I just had a virtual meet-up with a potential sponsoring hospital last week. Has anyone done the virtual meet-up?

bomberkid

Reaction score
Hi all, I am also doing the SIT matriculation currently while waiting for email on the sponsorship. I just had a virtual meet-up with a potential sponsoring hospital last week. Has anyone done the virtual meet-up?
Nope, not yet. Anyway jus wondering anyone worried about not being able to survive on the pcp monthly allowance?

Jsunflowers

Reaction score
Nope, not yet. Anyway jus wondering anyone worried about not being able to survive on the pcp monthly allowance?

I guess if you are worried about not being able to survive with the PCP monthly allowance, this programme might not be suitable for you. The MOHH PCP team did emphasise that PCP participants must be mentally prepared for the loss of income for the next 4 years and plan their finances accordingly. Nonetheless I still feel this is a good deal, as our school fees would be fully funded on top of getting the monthly allowance.

bomberkid

Reaction score
I guess if you are worried about not being able to survive with the PCP monthly allowance, this programme might not be suitable for you. The MOHH PCP team did emphasise that PCP participants must be mentally prepared for the loss of income for the next 4 years and plan their finances accordingly. Nonetheless I still feel this is a good deal, as our school fees would be fully funded on top of getting the monthly allowance.
I kinda prepared for the loss of income, but i was planning to still continue self employment part time. Did they mention that no we can't work at all even if it doesn't interfere with school?

Jsunflowers

Reaction score
I kinda prepared for the loss of income, but i was planning to still continue self employment part time. Did they mention that no we can't work at all even if it doesn't interfere with school?
During the MOHH info session, they mentioned that we would need to be unemployed once school starts and during the period of our studies. I believe the clause would be inside the sponsorship deed (which is legal binding), but whether anyone checks/enforces this I really am not sure.

CarpeD!em

Reaction score
MOHH will not allow you to work even on part-time basis even during the school holidays.

During school term, the schedule is very pack. First year, every 4 weeks, there would be a test, assignment due or project due. On top of that, you will need to do a lot of self-reading from recommended textbooks, medical reviews or healthcare system. Second year onwards, every alternate week, there will be test, assignment due and project due.

Do write to MOHH and ask for their assistance. If you are caught, the consequences outweighs the monetary rewards.

bomberkid

Reaction score
MOHH will not allow you to work even on part-time basis even during the school holidays.

During school term, the schedule is very pack. First year, every 4 weeks, there would be a test, assignment due or project due. On top of that, you will need to do a lot of self-reading from recommended textbooks, medical reviews or healthcare system. Second year onwards, every alternate week, there will be test, assignment due and project due.

Do write to MOHH and ask for their assistance. If you are caught, the consequences outweighs the monetary rewards.
Alright thanks for the info. In that case no employment do make sense to concentrate on the course!

raindrop_40s

Reaction score
Hey... i'm in my early 40s and is really keen to do a mid life career switch from accounting to physiotherapy.. Saw from 1 thread that chance to be admitted into SIT is very slim for those above 30s... Anyone here heard of 40s being admitted and successfully switch career?

thhsamantha

Reaction score

Hello!! Thank you for starting this thread though, it definitely helps!! Hahaha. I am intending to do a mid career switch too. Was doing events ever since i graduated from Poly, i am 30yo this year, btw. But i am kinda confused by how the whole application works. I know applications for SIT starts in Jan.

Correct me if im wrong. Cause i am really confused by how this whole application works.

So the first step should be applying directly with SIT with my Diploma certificates?
Next step is to apply through WSG for the PCP?
Then i will need to wait from here.

Thank you in advance first. Hahha.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.