any recommendation for iphonex repair

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
S$819 is ouch, i feel for you. You can consider a 2nd hand iphone 11. Or maybe a 2nd hand 11 pro too.

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i went to apple, they couldnt power up, phone was 2017 so warranty over, technician said motherboard issue, $819 for 1-1 swap new iphone x 256gb, i dont think its worth it even though its new, so i walked out. now using a budget samsung phone for the time being.

It’s never worth it to pay for a 1-1 swap might as well buy a new one

BluEsiGn

Reaction score
S$819 is ouch, i feel for you. You can consider a 2nd hand iphone 11. Or maybe a 2nd hand 11 pro too.

i scared using a second hand phone warranty 3 months, die anytime just like my phone then gg.

now im using samsung a50 and iphone 6s, surprised that 6s is still better than a50 even though older. iphone6s no lag, a50 lag even though paper wise a50 is better, guess iphone is 1 cent 1 goods

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Since you don’t always change phone, just get a iPhone 12 and stay for another few yrs.

cracker

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi,

anyone got any good repair shop to recommend for iphonex motherboard?

my phone one morning i wake up suddenly off cannot switch on,

i sent to mister mobile to repair they said motherboard nand ic spoil cant replace can only try repair but unsuccessful,

went to another mister mobile outlet to try also failed.

wondering if theres any chance to save the phone.

was working alright all along, plug in to charge before slping(all the time) but one morning suddenly like this.

I had the same issue with my XR, phone cant be powered up.

Brought it to mister mobile (MM) cos they had managed to repair my family members' iphone.

MM said it is circuit board issue after diagnostic and said they can't replaced as they don't have the part.
Knowing Apple policy in charging sky high price for phone that had been opened up by 3rd party shop..
I looked around for alternative and finally found a shop called lite mobile repair which stated that they can replace motherboard. Job was done within few hours.... and all the contents in the phone was not affected.

Google their service and see if they can repair your phone

Good luck !

BluEsiGn

Reaction score
I had the same issue with my XR, phone cant be powered up.

Brought it to mister mobile (MM) cos they had managed to repair my family members' iphone.

MM said it is circuit board issue after diagnostic and said they can't replaced as they don't have the part.
Knowing Apple policy in charging sky high price for phone that had been opened up by 3rd party shop..
I looked around for alternative and finally found a shop called lite mobile repair which stated that they can replace motherboard. Job was done within few hours.... and all the contents in the phone was not affected.

Google their service and see if they can repair your phone

Good luck !
wow thanks! i sent to mister mobile too and another shop both couldnt repair, mine is motherboard problem too i will go check it out thanks!

jq75

Honorary Member
Reaction score
if you use iPhone, always go back to Apple. Apple very petty, if they discovered the phone been touch by a third party they will not repair it. But that is hows they work.
out of warranty, u pay for repairs, they also reject?

Mr.Rocketman

Reaction score
out of warranty, u pay for repairs, they also reject?
As long as APPLE discovered the iPhone been touched by a third party, 99% of the time they will reject the repair, even if you pay, it is their policy. Not only that, Apple has records of all the part serial numbers in your phone, cannot run one. I have sent my Apple items for servicing, and the staff told me. Besides this, my friend had sent in his iPhone for repair but was rejected because he forgot he had sent his iPhone to a third party for repair before.
When you buy Apple, you are buying their ecosystem. So if you think you wanna change iPhone, you change the ecosystem.

Reaction score
As long as APPLE discovered the iPhone been touched by a third party, 99% of the time they will reject the repair, even if you pay, it is their policy. Not only that, Apple has records of all the part serial numbers in your phone, cannot run one. I have sent my Apple items for servicing, and the staff told me. Besides this, my friend had sent in his iPhone for repair but was rejected because he forgot he had sent his iPhone to a third party for repair before.
When you buy Apple, you are buying their ecosystem. So if you think you wanna change iPhone, you change the ecosystem.
i wonder if thats a good or bad thing for consumer lol
but how does apple know if the iPhone has been touched by 3rd party repair?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.