anybody been to turkey?

segafan

Reaction score
Wow, 20 days! That sound fun.
Hope u enjoy the trip and share here too for those who don't get to travel there soon šŸ˜‡
Thanks!
Going with family for the first time.. But as a group tour.

Not a fan of group tours, really. Have always been a free and easy traveller. Usually the first trip to somewhere, especially when there is a family, thought going as a group is safer. Thereafter, will DIY any trip.

XcoVar

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Planning to go Turkiye next Feb, max around 2 weeks. Besides spending time in Istanbul, will head over to Cappadacio for couple of days. Likely skip Ephesus & Pamukkale since not really interested in these places. Any other suggestion for those who've been there before?

Saw many complaints about the food, is it really that bad?

Last edited:

sprouts

Reaction score
What are the complains about the food? A lot of kebab which is basically grilled meat and a lot of vegetables which is healthy. The fruits there are delicious and so are the bread.

I find the food alright and even my kids are a lot of tomatoes. One took a liking to lentil soup.

What are you interested in? I found Pamukkale interesting for a night's stay. Hierapolis was quite nice and of course the white cotton castles. And I went to Kusadasi so that we could head to Euphesus for a day. Euphesus is much more popular and crowded.

If you're keen on more Islamic history and culture, Konya is quite interesting too with the Melvlana Museum.

It's really just a lot of history and cultural experiences in Turkey. And of course beautiful beaches and coastlines which I didn't travel to, sadly.

For Cappadocia, I was there 4 mornings and only 1 morning did the weather allow for hot air balloons. And Cappadocia is very touristy and my favourite city too, not because it's touristy but it's touristy for a reason. Hahha... It's huge and the landscape is amazing. Pricing is slightly more ex than the other smaller cities too.

Last edited:

naz1983

Reaction score
sounds like a great trip and destination..

did you went on tour or ownself plan?

planning to use istanbul as a gateway into turkey. hopefully fly to trabzon and then head downwards to cappadocia for hot air balloon ride and then back to istanbul to fly back. planning for at least 10 days this october. hopefully see some snow as well as deprived of snow since covid pandemic travel ban

really want to experience the museums there as being poisoned by miniminuteman youtube. a lot of historical founds there are quite significant.

the bus/train terminals there are easy to navigate? heard of scenic dogu express train but tickets are hard to get and will end up in kars which is a rather dead town..lol.

sprouts

Reaction score
sounds like a great trip and destination..

did you went on tour or ownself plan?

planning to use istanbul as a gateway into turkey. hopefully fly to trabzon and then head downwards to cappadocia for hot air balloon ride and then back to istanbul to fly back. planning for at least 10 days this october. hopefully see some snow as well as deprived of snow since covid pandemic travel ban

really want to experience the museums there as being poisoned by miniminuteman youtube. a lot of historical founds there are quite significant.

the bus/train terminals there are easy to navigate? heard of scenic dogu express train but tickets are hard to get and will end up in kars which is a rather dead town..lol.
I self plan Istanbul only. I engaged a local driver/agency and the owner was very good, he suggested where else to cover on top of the areas I wanted to visit. He will come up with an itinerary and you can customized it yourself. So basically, the local tour agency provided transport which covers fuel, parking cost etc and also got local guides to cover some areas like Euphesus. We'll need to give a token sum/tip for the local guides. It also cover the driver's meal and accommodation. He helped us booked the hot air balloon after the flights were cancelled 2 days in a row and tickets were harder to get and some places were selling them really expensive too.

If you want the contact, just DM me. This was recommended by a friend and we are happy with their service.

Turkey is beautiful and it was a good trip for us, filled with a lot of history and cultural experiences.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.