anybody been to turkey?

marksoymilksg

Reaction score
yes - I feel that it's quite safe. I went there as a kid and adult and I did not feel in danger. The markets are a bit rowdy and of course u just need to be vigilant with your possessions like any other foreign country. The larger hotels also will have security

luxuryturkeytravel

Reaction score
Plan to go turkey in Dec. A few qns to ask experts here.
1). Is turkey safe?
2). Plan to go on a group tour. Deciding bet CTC or Asa. Have gd experiences with both. Any idea which is better?

1. Very safe especially now since the events in 2016, I went in late 2016 and there was still a decent number of tourists, Turkish currency took a big hit in late 2018, good for our shopping there ;)

2. Im providing private tours at the same price as group tours, the big travel agencies here take a big chunk as commission. send me a PM for more info / itenerary etc.

Here's some benefits for private tour over group tour. Given the price is the same its quite clear cut which to choose :)

✅ Private Group & Luxury Transports
❌ Large Group & Bus

✅ 4 & 5 Star Hotel
❌ 2 & 3 Star Hotels

✅ Hot Air Balloon Included
❌ Hot Air Balloon Add $250/pax

✅ Change Plans During Trip
❌ Not Flexible

✅ Hidden Gems & Local Shops
❌ Tourist Traps & Commission Shops

✅ Your Own Private Tour Guide, more interaction
❌ Shared Tour Guide

✅ All taxes included
❌ Hidden fees E.G Airport Taxes

Last edited:

luxuryturkeytravel

Reaction score
Is the rate comparable to the money changers there?

The SGD-LIRA exchange rates in singapore are horrible. never do that, u lose around 20%.

Instead, use a debit card to withdraw from their local ATMs, u only lose a very small % as bank xchange rate + fee.

OR you can exchange SGD-EUR locally and change EUR-LIRA there. 90% of money changers in Turkey dont take in SGD.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.