anybody been to turkey?

BirdbrainZ

Master Member
Reaction score
I've been to Istanbul for roughly fifteen days. I have always relied on my accomodation's WiFi for all my data uses. For navigating purposes, I simply download the required maps onto my Maps.me app for offline navigation. Do you require one on-the-go?

Erwinlow

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I've been to Istanbul for roughly fifteen days. I have always relied on my accomodation's WiFi for all my data uses. For navigating purposes, I simply download the required maps onto my Maps.me app for offline navigation. Do you require one on-the-go?
15 days in Istanbul alone? Any other cities you would recommend for Turkey?

BirdbrainZ

Master Member
Reaction score
15 days in Istanbul alone?
Yes, it was a solo trip, and Turkey was the last leg of my six month journey roughly two years ago.

Any other cities you would recommend for Turkey?
I was primarily in and about Istanbul, so I do not have much recommendations to give. I spent most of my days seeing the sights, buying souvenirs, sampling the local delicacies, and chatting up the locals on current affairs. This took place a couple of weeks or about a month or two after the attempted coup, so I was very interested.

mmchaisi

Reaction score
Turkey is a big country. I did it by by flying to Athens first, got to Kusadasi by island ferry hopping, Cappadocia by coach, flew to Istanbul and back to Singapore.

Din0saurus

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
15 days in Istanbul alone? Any other cities you would recommend for Turkey?

I don't really like Istanbul. The opulent palaces are cool but didn't resonate with me.

Ephesus was cooler for me but maybe cos we paid for a guide.

Post-coup Cappadocia was my fav though. So much to do.

lowzeewee

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Did ten days solo in Turkey three years ago:
Four days in Istanbul
Two in Goreme (Cappadocia)
One in Pamukkale (the 'cotton castle')
Two in Selcuk (Ephesus)
One in Izmir

Only stayed a night in Izmir, so as to be able to catch an early flight to Greece the next morning. There really isn't much to see there. Since you have fifteen days, you could do away with Izmir and maybe see if you could check out the South-East ?

abkt99

Reaction score
Turkey is a big country. I did it by by flying to Athens first, got to Kusadasi by island ferry hopping, Cappadocia by coach, flew to Istanbul and back to Singapore.
From Kusadasi to Cappadocia by coach takes how long?Tx

lowzeewee

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi,anyone here been to Pamukkale?Worth to go?Thanks

Good for a relaxed one-day stop if you are on the way to/from Ephesus or Goreme (Cappadocia). Visited Pamukkale in mid-2015, and enjoyed it.

renai24

Reaction score
Recently went May period. Leaving the below here in case it might help;
Day 1 - Singapore - Istanbul
Day 2 - Istanbul (Topkapi palace, Blue mosque, Hagia sophia, Basilica Cistern)
Day 3 - Istanbul (Chora museum, Suleymaniye mosque) - Cappadocia
Day 4 - Cappadocia (Hot air balloon, Goreme open air museum)
Day 5 - Cappadocia (Sunset point, Green tour)
Day 6 - Pamukkale
Day 7 - Selcuk/Ephesus
Day 8 - Selcuk - Istanbul (Bosphorus cruise)
Day 9 - Istanbul (Dolmabache Palace) - Singapore

My personal preference would be:
Cappadocia>Pamukkale>Ephesus>Istanbul

Make sure to leave 2 mornings for Cappadocia in case the weather does not allow flying. Out of my 2 mornings, only one morning was suitable for flying, and we got lucky while listening to other tourists who missed their bucket list item.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.