Anyone ask HR to remove CDAC? Faced any gossiping from other colleagues?

Lchlch

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
is it every month deduct $1.
I also dont know deduct for what purposes.
To help the poor families?

Tobolah

Reaction score
thats the first thing i do when i join a new company. tell hr to remove me from cdac. $3 every month for nothing.

i rather buy tissue from elderly uncle or auntie knowing that amount can supplement their breakfast/transport.
Part of the amount actually goes towards providing low cost or free tuition to needy children. I attended such evening tuition sessions led by actual MOE teachers when I was younger. The sessions were held at neighbourhood schools.

blurblur123

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i removed long time ago liao

dun feed sth that is not beneficial to you

Atrina_Boy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
is it every month deduct $1.
I also dont know deduct for what purposes.
To help the poor families?
1. What is the CDAC Fund used for?
The CDAC Fund is used to fund CDAC’s programmes and assistance schemes to help the students, workers and families from the lower income groups overcome their challenges and achieve social mobility.
2. Who benefits from CDAC Fund?
Needy students, low-wage workers, low-income families, and seniors are our key beneficiaries.
We help students to realise their potential; workers to secure jobs and upgrade their skills; families to be self-reliant and more resilient; and seniors to stay active and connected with the community.

Atrina_Boy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
3. Must all employers contribute to the CDAC Fund?
Employers are expectedto deduct the CDAC contributions from their employees’ wages, unless the employee submits an opt-out form to CDAC.

Employees refer to Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents, belonging to the Chinese community.
4. How much do I have to contribute?
Effective 1 January 2015

*Gross Wages/MonthMinimum Monthly Contribution to CDAC
≤ $2,000$0.50
> $2,000 to $3,500$1.00
> $3,500 to $5,000$1.50
> $5,000 to $7,500$2.00
> $7,500$3.00
*Gross wages refer to all remuneration in money due or granted to an employee in respect of his employment, including overtime pay, allowances (e.g. food, shift or transport allowances), commission and bonus.
CDAC adopts a consistent approach as the CPF Board on the types of payment/ remuneration that require CDAC contribution.
Please refer to the CPF Board website for the types of payment/ remuneration to employees that attract payment.
5. What is the impact of CDAC Fund?
In 2020, CDAC reached out to 18,000 lower-income households through educational and development programmes, bursary and subsidy schemes for needy students, fulfilling ageing activities for seniors and financial assistance and employment support for families.

CDAC continues to support students and families through broad-based programmes to help them strive for upward social mobility. At the same time, CDAC will also focus on deepening help for the more vulnerable families by providing holistic support to help them.
6. How do I make changes (e.g. increase or opt out) to my contribution?
Should you wish to make changes to your monthly contribution, please fill in the relevant form below and submit it to CDAC via email (Email: cdacfund@cdac.org.sg) or post:
The employer can effect the changes immediately after the form has been submitted to CDAC.

Lchlch

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
1. What is the CDAC Fund used for?
The CDAC Fund is used to fund CDAC’s programmes and assistance schemes to help the students, workers and families from the lower income groups overcome their challenges and achieve social mobility.
2. Who benefits from CDAC Fund?
Needy students, low-wage workers, low-income families, and seniors are our key beneficiaries.
We help students to realise their potential; workers to secure jobs and upgrade their skills; families to be self-reliant and more resilient; and seniors to stay active and connected with the community.
hey thanks....
i remember been deducting many donkey years already.
so wondering whether the money really put into good use or not.

Atrina_Boy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hey thanks....
i remember been deducting many donkey years already.
so wondering whether the money really put into good use or not.
Ya. me too paying for donkeys years since start working
heard this idea came from ah gong.
Not sure how true thou

Rhiannon

Reaction score
Part of the amount actually goes towards providing low cost or free tuition to needy children. I attended such evening tuition sessions led by actual MOE teachers when I was younger. The sessions were held at neighbourhood schools.

Glad to read from a genuine beneficiary from this fund. Because of this, I am happy to continue contributing.

Strikk

Master Member
Reaction score
I read from fengshui this kind of donation does not accumulate good karma points

xiaosinsinful

Banned
Reaction score
very mafan leh

if keep change job, then must keep fill in
Why do you think it’s opt out? :unsure:

I tell you , all the unpopular policies and schemes confirm govt make it opt out or worst mandatory by default

see: CPF, careshield , MediShield and whatever other shield shield stuff.

everything is auto deduct your money one. nowadays it’s worst because is MANDATORY, you can’t even opt out.

why they can do that? Because they got majority approval to do any policies they like lor.

if polices are truely good and beneficial, no need to force, people will automatically throw their money at you. Look at Apple, no need to do anything people voluntarily want to queue up for the new iPhone

virtualape

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
very mafan leh

if keep change job, then must keep fill in
nah..its just a hardcopy form to fill up. hr will then send to cdac to process. i do it on the 1st day joining the company.

now not sure if its electronic or still hardcopy.

King.Koopa

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
was wondering why my have been deducting 3$ every month. All this years thought it was increase due to inflation.

Never realise got different tier. 😨

virtualape

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
good that you benefitted from this. but personally, regardless the amount, i rather it go to a direct beneficiary than an organisation who manages it.

Hiling care

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I never benefited from CDAC before, but didnt cancel it cos the amount is very small.

gnowyx

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just fill up the form get HR to chop/sign and send to cdac

this cdac amount i think will factor in as donation to reduce your taxable income but the $3 you save every month is always more than the tax you save

save money who don't want? i actively tell my colleagues to opt out also

chinese pay the least i think, and eurasians pay the most

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.