Anyone here think the put money in cpf is a sound investment bullshat?

Jeremy1

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That is the problem.
If married with kids, $$$ still can go to them when died but Single if ask me to top up with cash really make no sense at all and going to ERS also meaning trapping more of your $$$ till 65 and only if you're still around that time.

kmkimlo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
really so bad now? sigh.

i A levels only. worked for 18 years for Posb/dbs/ibm (same job, just got merged and outsourced) from 1995 to 2013, also can meet BRS.

this is not clearly stated anywhere. Will need to dig.

There is a section on match dollar-for-dollar up to $600 annual and about 435,000 age 55 to 70 unable to meet BRS.

still gotta dig the population count for 55-70. Aiya, 435,000 is still a huge number of aunties/uncles/ah gong and ah mas. But probably a lot are ladies, as in the past, one income is sufficient to feed the family. :|

TwMilkTeaTw

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
Reminder. Nowadays people dont live till old age. People uplorry earlier n earlier. Can reach 70 already v good.

blacklotus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
this is not clearly stated anywhere. Will need to dig.

There is a section on match dollar-for-dollar up to $600 annual and about 435,000 age 55 to 70 unable to meet BRS.

still gotta dig the population count for 55-70. Aiya, 435,000 is still a huge number of aunties/uncles/ah gong and ah mas. But probably a lot are ladies, as in the past, one income is sufficient to feed the family. :|

thanks for sharing. this is really bad leh.
but how come? because even my mom n dad whom both worked low end jobs (data entry and factory worker) also can buy hdb flat (fully paid) and meet BRS. Can even send me to local NTU. (but i dropped out :o)
They are both in their 70.

blacklotus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Reminder. Nowadays people dont live till old age. People uplorry earlier n earlier. Can reach 70 already v good.
good mah. uplorry liao no worry money not enough.

really too many BBFA edmwers here think must spend every single cent in cpf before you die. else lugi.

what type of mentality is this? lol

just be contented you have a roof over your head and enough to eat daily until become bbfa. :)

tomasulu

Master Member
Reaction score
If CPF is great, ppl would be rushing to the CPF building to deposit all their money there. Apparently, it's not!

giphy.gif

And any property (HDB) price increase, most ppl can only sell back to govt - through buybacks like stocks. And that is extremely risky - concentration risk of buyer.
CPF was ok when we could take it all out at 55 and there was no cap on the applicable income.

Now I just think of it as a tax. If without the funds in cpf, the Govt will find other ways to increase revenue.

kmkimlo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thanks for sharing. this is really bad leh.
but how come? because even my mom n dad whom both worked low end jobs (data entry and factory worker) also can buy hdb flat (fully paid) and meet BRS. Can even send me to local NTU. (but i dropped out :o)
They are both in their 70.
That one is really probably due to single income family in the past.

Ah fook zai

Reaction score
geez safest yes. But for what?? Your money is stuck and for most people they will leave some their cpf money to their next of kin when they die. Or the state if nobody claims for it.

If cpf is so good it won’t be mandatory. If people can get their employers contribution as part of their take home pay, nobody would’ve participated in cpf. Well ok maybe there are people like you out there
Cpf is a done deal. As with most things already fixed kpkb no use. Just try to make the best of the given situation.

Angmoh_TuaKi

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
CPF was ok when we could take it all out at 55 and there was no cap on the applicable income.

Now I just think of it as a tax. If without the funds in cpf, the Govt will find other ways to increase revenue.
42% tax u mad bro?

If it's tax, state clearly it's a tax - so ppl can make necessary arrangements. And PAP can stop being ambiguous about CPF - since it's a tax, state clearly the benefits that come from the tax! :s12:

blurblur123

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
They calculate what compound rate simi sai. You put money in can't take out whole lump sum even you reach 65. I think this is stupid. Investment is to make you rich and improve your quality of life now. There is 0 liquidity in putting money into cpf
But pap ib all hail this as the greatest invention

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.