Anyone relocated to working in cambodia before? Need help!

lkesth@gmail.com

Reaction score
Anyone relocated to working in cambodia before? I have a questions below, please advice.

When you relocated in cambodia, did your passport and relevant documents will be held and stored in hr department for safekeeping and ease of random inspection by the local government and the Ministry of Labor? Any gov law to prove this is the valid reason?

Thanks!

Last edited:

natas

Reaction score
Anyone relocated to working in cambodia before? I have a questions below, please advice.

When you relocated in cambodia, did your passport and relevant documents will be held and stored in hr department for safekeeping and ease of random inspection by the local government and the Ministry of Labor? Any gov law to prove this is the valid reason?

The reason give by hr is "From my understanding this happens every month now due to the nature of Covid. The government is very strict. Currently there is no gov letter or website as the area is a free-trade-agreement zone governed by the local authorities."

Thanks!

I worked in Phnom Penh for 2 yrs. I kept my passport and whatever doc in my apartment locked. I dun bring out my passport when I went out. MOL and police not so free to check.

A joke among us, bring an ID like driving license, etc. In case u met an accident and die, at least the SG embassy will be notified and send your corpse back to SG.

Dun understand your HR reasons.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.