Anyone stay in Mickey mouse condo below 1m ?

Chanterelle

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Also getting 1br or 2br is about life goals or priority. I got the 1br after my break up, where I was planning to treat it as my private place to bring back new gf.

but right now, I have a gf and my plan has changed again and will be using it as rent or as a place for both of us to live together in private.

after marry, can either keep the 1br for rent or just sell off.
Yeah i need a private place to get away from parents. Will be like my friend, still stay at parents but use as den.

HomeDaddy

Suspended
Reaction score
But my bduget only 1.5m max.
I plan to buy house and upgrade ny jap cat to conti for my own gratitification lol
I suggest u do more research.

Location aside, layout matters. A 500 sqft with a good squarish layout can look bigger and is more efficient than a 600 sqft unit.

2-br type usually have the highest yield and is easier to rent. Things like amenities, accessibility to public transport, schools are considerations for expats if u wish to rent..

Units built in certain years have useless spaces such as bay windows, planters, void space, overly large balconies etc.

Areas like Potong Pasir have many 99-yr condos built over the past ten years..

Not that straightforward..

Last edited:

Chanterelle

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think aside from space (whether sufficient for 1-2 persons) , you need to consider resale value.
From casual conversation and occasional articles, hasn't such properties gone off the boil i.e no longer very attractive?
Very good if so. I’d love it if its low demand since it means i can lowball.
But unfortunately it seems all boats float higher in a storm. Property prices actoss the board increased

omgwtflol

Reaction score
Yeah i need a private place to get away from parents. Will be like my friend, still stay at parents but use as den.
Yes haha. Mine is a bachelor pad kind of intention when I decided to get it. I value privacy a lot. So on weekdays maybe I can go back to my own room at parents place, weekends and ph at my own place.

occifer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How is living experience comparrd to say 5 room ccr hdb? Thinking of buying one since only within my budget currently

This is the most not worth it thing imo especially if compared to a corner 2 room bto.

omgwtflol

Reaction score
actually for me, the main consideration whether to stay at my own 1br or to rent out is all about money.

so if I can find a good tenant at good rate, I will rent out. And while waiting for that to happen, I can still move in to enjoy being a homeowner for a while. I don’t really spend a lot in other expenses also, so paying the mortgage on my own is fine.

omgwtflol

Reaction score
Thats ok distance to walk.
My relative bought minton for 700k 2bedder rent 2.8k
Yes. Quite a good location, so I am confident it will have tenant when I want to rent and buyers when I want to sell.

also, if I get married, can choose to stay at my place after redo the room, or stay with her parents, or stay at my 1br, or rent out my 1br then top up abit to find another suitable place to rent.

it’s really about being flexible, and having a partner that you can talk it out with.

Begonia

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not sure if those are trash. The walls look thin as F, and each floor height so low, ground floor also got units. Do you hear neighbor's noise easily? It's like cheap developer trying to squeeze in as many units as possible.

Also lived by temporary amdl prostitutes who look down on the sinkies who moved over from HDB :s13:

Chanterelle

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Don

I suggest u do more research.

Location aside, layout matters. A 500 sqft with a good squarish layout can look bigger and is more efficient than a 600 sqft unit.

2-br type usually have the highest yield and is easier to rent. Things like amenities, accessibility to public transport, schools are considerations for expats if u wish to rent..

Units built in certain years have useless spaces such as bay windows, planters, void space, overly large balconies etc.

Areas like Potong Pasir have many 99-yr condos built over the past ten years..

Not that straightforward..
agree with the layout point and the ridiculous balconies.

i prefer not to buy 99 years if possible. My dad never liked lease hold.

i can stretch to 1.6-2m for nice 2bedder. Only need to save more few years? meaning no conti car 😂 but i scared opportunity cost gone.

Chanterelle

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not sure if those are trash. The walls look thin as F, and each floor height so low, ground floor also got units. Do you hear neighbor's noise easily? It's like cheap developer trying to squeeze in as many units as possible.

Also lived by temporary amdl prostitutes who look down on the sinkies who moved over from HDB

only visited friends at cairnhill 9. Seems high wuality

Chanterelle

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
actually for me, the main consideration whether to stay at my own 1br or to rent out is all about money.

so if I can find a good tenant at good rate, I will rent out. And while waiting for that to happen, I can still move in to enjoy being a homeowner for a while. I don’t really spend a lot in other expenses also, so paying the mortgage on my own is fine.
Yeah actually 1m loan how mich is the repayment? 6k For 30 years? Thats ok if your take home is about 12k taking in acct tdsr 65%

Chanterelle

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes. Quite a good location, so I am confident it will have tenant when I want to rent and buyers when I want to sell.

also, if I get married, can choose to stay at my place after redo the room, or stay with her parents, or stay at my 1br, or rent out my 1br then top up abit to find another suitable place to rent.

it’s really about being flexible, and having a partner that you can talk it out with.
Wont find partner or talk about living so soon for me. Its more of a escape place to destress and get peace.
i might just rent it out if cleaning it becomes a chore haha

HomeDaddy

Suspended
Reaction score
agree with the layout point and the ridiculous balconies.

i prefer not to buy 99 years if possible. My dad never liked lease hold.

i can stretch to 1.6-2m for nice 2bedder. Only need to save more few years? meaning no conti car 😂 but i scared opportunity cost gone.
Leasehold or freehold depends on the estate u choose.. for example, CBD area, Bukit Merah, Bishan has no freehold condos.. its not a matter of choice.

Pick areas where expats like. D19 Serangoon or D15 East Coast. Larger supply of tenants.

$1.5M for a good size 2-Br is doable. No worries.

Dont buy new launches. Try to buy resale instead. Cos construction costs are much higher these days and TOP date is uncertain. A well-built condo can look quite new after 5-10 years.

My view, ur call la.

eggie011

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Staying in a 2+1 bedder alone, 870 sqft. Suburban, not convenient location, but I drive. Bought at 700+ 11 years ago. Just nice for me.

Chanterelle

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Leasehold or freehold depends on the estate u choose.. for example, CBD area, Bukit Merah, Bishan has no freehold condos.. its not a matter of choice.

Pick areas where expats like. D19 Serangoon or D15 East Coast. Larger supply of tenants.

$1.5M for a good size 2-Br is doable. No worries.

Dont buy new launches. Try to buy resale instead. Cos construction costs are much higher these days and TOP date is uncertain. A well-built condo can look quite new after 5-10 years.

My view, ur call la.
Hmm I’m considering west coast cos cheap sub 1.2k psf pricing but not near areas i play at. Sian.

what do u think about the southern waterfront development? Heard west cosst area will be gentrified to become as nice as east coast wor

Chanterelle

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Staying in a 2+1 bedder alone, 870 sqft. Suburban, not convenient location, but I drive. Bought at 700+ 11 years ago. Just nice for me.
Sounds awesome. Have u paid off full?

one of my goals is to pay off housing by 40. Doable i guess with a small unit 😆

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.